What's new

Actually, Satya Nadella's selection as Microsoft CEO isn't great for Indians

You are right, I didn't connect the dots fast enough to arrive at the fact that you have little logic and reasoning skills.

So why do you have so little logic and reasoning skills?

You'll get to know that once you update your logic and reasoning skills. Don't expect others to spoonfeed everything to you.

Neither it is great for India nor it is not great for India.

But, it certainly says something good about India...our competitive culture.

most probably, Satya Nadella is a white man with brown skin who hates being Indian origin.
I imagine, Timesnow,NDTV will be queuing for his interviews and he may be looking down on to them as a proud white American son heading one of the world's largest monopolistic company.
Indian-Americans will *generally* go to great extend to prove their allegiance and integration to the American system. also, I want to generalize that most of them will have a disgusting view of their (forsaken) motherland once they reached America.

Satya Nadella, Sunita Williams....

These are all Americans, people who have sworn their allegiance to the USA, they literally abandoned India. These people are nothing else than premier examples of brain drain. Its a loss of great minds, nothing else and a shows that a free environment in which things like religion do not count always win over older structures.

It is sad that more Indians know about Sunita Williams (who is AMERICAN and wore a US FLAG when she died) than Rakesh Sharma (who sworn on the Indian flag and wore the Indian flag when leaving our planet!)

I think you mean Kalpana Chawla. Sunita Williams is very much alive and was also conferred the Padma Bhushan in 2008 (for what God knows) in Houston because she could not attend the official ceremony in India.

I think you mean Kalpana Chawla. Sunita Williams is very much alive and was also conferred the Padma Bhushan in 2008 (for what God knows) in Houston because she could not attend the official ceremony in India.

Damn you are right.. I will try to edit it

most probably, Satya Nadella is a white man with brown skin who hates being Indian origin.
I imagine, Timesnow,NDTV will be queuing for his interviews and he may be looking down on to them as a proud white American son heading one of the world's largest monopolistic company.
Indian-Americans will *generally* go to great extend to prove their allegiance and integration to the American system. also, I want to generalize that most of them will have a disgusting view of their (forsaken) motherland once they reached America.
Nadella as Microsoft CEO: A slap in the face for Indian system | Firstpost
A Long article. but few points:
Is the appointment of Satya Nadella a feather in India’s cap or a slap in the face for the Indian system?

While Indian newspapers were over the moon about Nadella’s elevation, with some justification, there is another side to the story we need to consider: why is it that India’s tech and other geniuses flower only in the US or Silicon Valley?

Why is it that every India-origin person to win a Nobel after independence in the sciences is not an Indian citizen any more? Hargobind Khurana won the prize for medicine in 1968, Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar for physics in 1983 and Venkatraman Ramakrishnan for chemistry in 2009. All of them flowered only because they left India, and not because they were Indians per se. They left India behind.

In fact, Ramakrishnan was downright rude when Indians called to congratulate him in 2009. He said: “We are all human beings, and our nationality is simply an accident of birth.” He also complained about “all sorts of people” writing to him and “clogging up my email box. It takes me an hour or two to just remove their mails.”

While his immediate reaction may seem churlish to us, underlying it all is the real issue: our “Indian” successes abroad have little to do with the fact that they are Indian. They succeed because they abandoned India. We need to ask ourselves: why does our system kill future heroes, while the US helps raise even ordinary Indians to iconic levels? It would not be out of place to mention that it is well-nigh impossible for 99 percent of Indian aspirants to get admissions even to an IIT or IIM, but it is far simpler to get into an Ivy League institution. If you don’t get into an IIM, you try Harvard.

Read more at:Nadella as Microsoft CEO: A slap in the face for Indian system | Firstpost

Ever wondered why all Indian film makers and actors crave for "Oscars"? Why are "National Awards", "Filmfare Awards" not good enough recognition of their works? Why do our TV and big screen celebrities forget their mother tongue while being interviewed on the red carpet? When was the last time a dark-brown skinned Indian who looked more Indian than Caucasian got a lead role in our films?

Our ancestors were taught that we are culturally and intellectually inferior to the Europeans. This information was passed on to the next generations repeatedly, and now it has become a part of our genes.

We know what an Indian named Preet Bharara did to our Indian Diplomat don't we? Forget about what he did to an Indian for once. Let us discuss what kind of surname "Bharara" really is? Most probably he changed his surname to make it sound more American than Indian.

We seriously need to change the way we look at ourselves.

All that matters is investment! Indira Nooyi did it so will Satya for sure! lol only time will tell about it....

PepsiCo to invest Rs 33,000 crore in India: Indra Nooyi - NDTVProfit.com

I don't think Indra Nooyi is investing in India because she is of Indian Origin. She is investing because India is very important market for Pepsi. Coke is pretty much dominant in almost everywhere, leaving few countries such as India where Pepsi has considerable presence

All that matters is investment! Indira Nooyi did it so will Satya for sure! lol only time will tell about it....

PepsiCo to invest Rs 33,000 crore in India: Indra Nooyi - NDTVProfit.com

Not sure that is such a good thing for India. Majority of the "multinationals" in India are involved in selling potato chips, confectioneries, and carbonated drinks which is nothing more than junk food and harmful.

These 10 Companies Control Enormous Number Of Consumer Brands [GRAPHIC]

Most likely like Vikram Pandit, they will slog the Indian CEO, get their money's worth out of him, and then throw him out as incompetent.

I think this news is very marginally good for India.

His appointment helps to create confidence in brand India among companies looking to outsources their work.

Immigrant Indians have developed some repute as decent honest workers overseas.
Silicon valley owes much of its success to Indian-Americans and in 2008,US had more cardiologists of Indian origin than India had cardiologists.

Americans think that all Indians are hard working people.This image of India has helped India in fields like IT outsourcing, medical tourism etc.

Last edited:
I don't think Indra Nooyi is investing in India because she is of Indian Origin. She is investing because India is very important market for Pepsi. Coke is pretty much dominant in almost everywhere, leaving few countries such as India where Pepsi has considerable presence

And the same is for Microsoft! India has a booming IT industry, even at the juncture of a slowdown it iss growing at a pace of 14%! But as Narayana Muthy said "This is how India's brand will be enhanced!" - it is very good for India to have a desi CEO at Microsoft :yahoo: no matter what the jealous butt hurt trollers say! Actually after I read another article by Riaz Haq on the same, then I am pretty convinced that this man is going to do wonders - both for MS and India - MS and India share a very special relationship! ;)

Back
Top Bottom