What's new

Achakzai seeks new Afghania province from Afghan border to Attock, Mianwali

Writing and reading Pashto, is it passed down, how is it preserved? My guess is it is not a very simple task to read and write Pashto just like this?
99% pashtuns can not read and write pashto. there is a very small number who can. once pashto was taught in government schools here in kpk the then NWFP. now it is not compulsory because first of all there are hardly few teachers who can teach the language and secondly it is too difficult to learn easily for students and get good marks. my father taught me to read and write when i was a kid. now though my brothers can read pashto but they can't write it properly while i can. also i have learnt Afghan pashto which btw is tooo difficult .

As i have said before only KPK does not have take the burden of Aghani Refugees, some of them can be settled in interior Sindh.
They should be given a refugee card and assign a district and they should be restricted to that district.

99% pashtuns can not read and write pashto. there is a very small number who can. once pashto was taught in government schools here in kpk the then NWFP. now it is not compulsory because first of all there are hardly few teachers who can teach the language and secondly it is too difficult to learn easily for students and get good marks. my father taught me to read and write when i was a kid. now though my brothers can read pashto but they can't write it properly while i can. also i have learnt Afghan pashto which btw is tooo difficult .

This is sad situation. Pashto has rich literature, this shouldn't happen, the younger generation should have been encouraged and facilitated to learn it and preserve it.

Afghan is not a Persian word, the original word is Awghan and its a native word. In the old texts of India the word has been written as "Avagana ", which proves that its not a term coined in Iran/Persia. Hsuen Tsang, in 629 A.D, refers to the Afghans north-east of Ghazni in its chinese form " O-Po-Kien" and he was a traveler from China not Iran.....

Also Iranians and Tajiks are our cousins. Pashto is descendant of Avestan language and thats why it shares vocabulary with Dari.....so if you are calling yourself a Pashtun then you can not have disdain for Farsi and other Indo-Iranian languages.....

Here is comparison of few words in Avestan and Pashto

Word:Mountain

Avestan:Ghairi

Pashto: Ghar

Word:Horse

Avestan:Aspa

Pashto: Aas (Aspa is also used)

Word : Dog

Avestan:Span

Pashto:Spay

Avestan and Sanskrit are also related

Word:Mountain

Sanskrit : Ghiri

Avestan:Ghairi

Pashto: Ghar

Word:Horse

Sanskrit : Ashva

Avestan:Aspa

Pashto: Aas (Aspa is also used)

Whats to argue? Pashtun = Afghan is a fact. Its you who is in denial even though facts and historical evidences have been presented to you. Reconcile yourself to the facts, "Gul Khana"
Afghan=Pakhtun is something which i always struggle to comprehend because Afghan is national identity of different ethnic groups reside in Afghanistan at present. Even country like uk have different ethnic groups English, Scottish,Whelish, Irish etc who all share same national indentity. Ethnic identity and national identity are two different things so how could they be same as you will always find different ethnic groups reside in different countries sharing same national identity. Punjabi reside in boht India and Pakistan. Bengali reside in boht Bangladesh and India. Irish reside in different countries but they all differeniate between national and ethnic identity . Why not pashtun? When you say Afghan=Pakhtun then would saying Pakistan = Punjabi make any sense when pakistsn is home of different ethnic groups just like Afghnistan

You make a good point, independents won more seats then PTI yet they all joined N league in punjab since it was clear they were making provincial government. But this isn't problem unique to punjab. Same happen in KPK for exemple where opposition MNA areas are ignored. This is why party ruling Islamabad always win in Azad Kashmir and Gilget.

Same people will join PTI if they saw N winning less seats.
I agree, I was just using Punjab as an example. The truth is that Baluchistan, Punjab and Sindh need to be split up into more provinces, and FATA needs to be be integrated into the federal system fully. As it is, the current provincial set up is simply not working, and is causing more divisions than unity.

Ironically, more provinces will actually help bring about greater integration and unity.

What's about a Pashtunia province comprising all parts of Pashtun majority regions across the Pak border???

Well the problem is the dispersed population of some Ethnic Afghans , since Afghan area should technically be part of Pakistan as a Province, some of their families have been spread between two regions.

That is a problems becasue when ever we discussed a permenent border the families or people object that they would like open borders, obviously the war lords in Afghan areas want to control territory so they object against their wishes and keep chruning this idea of Afghanistan

In reality the region "Afghanistan" is a province an unclaimed province of Pakistan , that at some point in history we need to claim and plant our flag. After that we can rename it to Afghania province for Afghan families to enjoy open borders etc

Of course the war lords in Afghan areas will object and that will require negotiation or force

In past civilization could not reach there due to rugged deserts and mountainous regions and thus political parties or institutes could not take hold otherwise likely that region would have joined Pakistan long time ago. And there was always a open border policy no one cared who went in or out

But going forward it is best interest of Afganistan to turn itself into a Province of Pakistan

Warlords controlling over Afghan land are likely may be just 1,000 or 10,000 units

Leaving Afghanistan as is , is like having a lava pit which spews flames right next to cotton field

It would be a logical move to convert Afghanistan into a Province of Pakistan , giving Judicual rights for Operations into the region

Turkey / Pakistan have a similar problem now

The resolution for both nations is very simple to Occupy the uncontrolled areas and bring Order

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom