What's new

Abu Dhabi Group sign investment worth $45 billion

Any details on what projects are directly effected 45 Billion Dollars is a huge figure for Corporate/ Residential buildings

Deal signed to built world's tallest building in Karachi

Deal signed to built world's tallest building in Karachi

Islamabad, Feb 16 (ANI): Pakistan's property tycoon and founder of Bahria Town, Malik Riaz, has signed a deal to construct the world's tallest building in Karachi.
The real estate magnate signed the agreement with Chairman of the Abu Dhabi Group, Union National Bank and United Bank Limited Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, under which 45 billion dollars will be invested in Pakistan for various construction projects.
According to the Daily Times, this would be the biggest and historical investment in Pakistan.
The Abu Dhabi Group has previously made huge and successful investments in country with the establishment of Bank Alfalah, Warid Telecom and Wateen Telecom.
Out of the total investment, 10 billion dollars will be invested in Islamabad and Lahore, whereas 35 billion dollars investment would be made in Sindh, the report said.
According to the paper, the projects include the construction of the tallest building of the world, taller than Burj Khalifa, Dubai, in Karachi, a sports city, educational and medical city, international city and media city.
The project also includes the construction of miniatures of Seven Wonders of the World, the paper added. (ANI)

Can any karachiite point out where 'dog island is? Word is that riaz chose that island.

Can any karachiite point out where 'dog island is? Word is that riaz chose that island.

It is off the DHA Golf Club:

City Walk – Exploring The Dog Island | The Karachi Walla

The place is called Dog Island which is not a Pakistani answer to Langkawi or Sentosa Island but certainly has potential to become a tourist spot. The island itself is pretty close to DHA coastline (Golf Club to be specific) but Adventure Water Sports (The enterprenueral venture) has its office behind PAF-KIET in Korangi Industrial Area (10 min ride from CBM). From AWS office you get a boat ride (painfully slow lasting 45 min one way) to the Dog Island. The island is highly polluted and full of dogs (How they ended up there and how do they survive and multiply is still a mystery) but offers quite a few attractions. There are sand dunes, delightful mangroves, and vast empty space for wandering

It is off the DHA Golf Club:

City Walk – Exploring The Dog Island | The Karachi Walla

The place is called Dog Island which is not a Pakistani answer to Langkawi or Sentosa Island but certainly has potential to become a tourist spot. The island itself is pretty close to DHA coastline (Golf Club to be specific) but Adventure Water Sports (The enterprenueral venture) has its office behind PAF-KIET in Korangi Industrial Area (10 min ride from CBM). From AWS office you get a boat ride (painfully slow lasting 45 min one way) to the Dog Island. The island is highly polluted and full of dogs (How they ended up there and how do they survive and multiply is still a mystery) but offers quite a few attractions. There are sand dunes, delightful mangroves, and vast empty space for wandering

That's a nice location, close to cresent bay.

BTW I am wondering that It's $45 billion contract and they didn't even arranged nice file covers to file and sign papers. :what:

seems like you grew up watching too much PTV. How old are ya?

$$$ talks, binders and folders( what is a file cover?) gave you nothing!

seems like you grew up watching too much PTV. How old are ya?

$$$ talks, binders and file covers( what is a file cover?) gave you nothing!

For first line....... Ignored

There is something called professionalism & formality, Which i see missing in this case - specially when a "contract" of amounting $45 billion is involved. Heck, even contracts of few millions don't get signed in this way. My observation is this is just some sort of MoU nothing more than that as of now. When a proper agreement (even between private companies) of this much amount will be signed than you will see govt. officials of higher ranks from both countries present in ceremony.

I hope Pakistanis have not forgotten this:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/economy-development/4004-worlds-tallest-building-built-karachi-island-musharraf.html

6 years but even a single brick is not laid.:lol::lol:

Last time also the main source was GEO TV.:)

not to forget at that time World was hit by a financial crises + Benazir Assassination was the main reason delaying that project i think you have listen the words of Malik sahaab one of new anchor ask him such projects have been announced in past nothing happend Malik said in past there was no strong local partner with the Foreign investor now Bahria Town has taken step so he will make this happen INSHA ALLAH

For first line....... Ignored

There is something called professionalism & formality, Which i see missing in this case - specially when a "contract" of amounting $45 billion is involved. Heck, even contracts of few millions don't get signed in this way. My observation is this is just some sort of MoU nothing more than that as of now. When a proper agreement (even between private companies) of this much amount will be signed than you will see govt. officials of higher ranks from both countries present in ceremony.
Yes, they will have a parade and march past eventually.
In the meantime, lets speculate and spread nahoosat!

Back
Top Bottom