What's new

About ugly Vietnamese !!! Welcome all

haha loser blackflag
There is nothing in Vietnam that we have to be jealous about or losing our self-esteem on. We are not Indians :cheesy:
I did not start the topic 8-)
There are much broader and deeper issues in Vietnam than the areas of which the OP covered.
I have singled these issues out for discussion
If you dont have anything to contribute then leave the thread.
I am still awaiting the OPs insights, if any, in my questions raised :cheesy:

The respectable OP said he would discuss the issue of corruption next, after he post about these other minor social issue.

So I dont know why you would jump in and pick a fight with him?

Like I said, you are jealous that the respectable @BoQ77 has the confidence to talk bad things about his people. You dont.

Everyone here, Pakistani, Indians, Burma, Turks, Indonesia, Thai, etc. has already said plenty of negative things about their own country. You have never dared to make negative comments about your country.

@BoQ77

Brilliant and bold thread, could you post, what problems a tourist in Vietnam could face. for example - getting ripped off by cab

How is your government dealing with Agent Orange? and corruption? and drug trafficking? and your environment polluted by the toxin? and the safety issues on you food exports? 8-)

I cannot talk all at once. I will have my post on each issue, but I wouldn't derail to discuss off topic subjects.
"goverment dealing ..." not depend on my will.

"Vietnamese spend big money on luxury goods, live on borrowed funds"

This is very bad habit in a developing nation !

This is a famous soccer player in Vietnam National team. He's out of control after using ecstasy while driving.

in1-1349877618_480x0.jpg

@BoQ77

Brilliant and bold thread, could you post, what problems a tourist in Vietnam could face. for example - getting ripped off by cab

1. Vietnam taxi always come with meter, not like in Malaysia, without meter. So please come with listed taxi companies ( with service number), always have meter on. Anything happen, you claim to their center number.

There's no report on any burglar or murder by taxi driver. Just don't leave your wallet or Iphone on the cab. They may not returned to you for sure.

2. In the Southern, the govt trying to reduce the rate of bags snatching case, in the Northern, it's safer.
Rarely, a murder to foreigner happened. The punishment to crime against foreigners in Vietnam is quite hard.
So the crime gang would prefer Vietnamese over foreigner.
In Hanoi old quarter, there're some women who would try to put something in your hands as accessories for taking photograph and ask for money. Just scare them by call for police. Don't fear. They are the one who fear but pretend scare you.

Like this:
20120810-131247-5-ad3.jpeg
20120810-131247-4-ad2.jpeg

3. For some services like Karaoke, you could be overcharged if less attention to the price list.

4. Vietnam is country of bargain, so make sure you bargained well on the items you wanna buy, or you would pay double, triple the actual cost.

5. One ugly thing ( but nice to somebody ) that you could freely use liquor and beer anytime in Vietnam, the price quite cheap.

IMG_4398.JPG

Last edited:
haha loser blackflag
There is nothing in Vietnam that we have to be jealous about or losing our self-esteem on. We are not Indians :cheesy:
I did not start the topic 8-)
There are much broader and deeper issues in Vietnam than the areas of which the OP covered.
I have singled these issues out for discussion
If you dont have anything to contribute then leave the thread.
I am still awaiting the OPs insights, if any, for my questions raised :cheesy:

base on your analogy: Unit 731, comfort woman and Nanking massacre is related to ugly Chinese ?

@BoQ77

Yes, fake taxies (they look like the real ones, but are fake and have fixed meters), taxies with fixed meters, taxies that demand a lot more money and lock you inside until you pay.

Travel agents that promise one quality but deliver a lower one.

5 star hotels that turned out to be 3 stars.

Etc, etc...........

This is an ad somewhere in rural area, in Vietnamese, mean "If you want to marry a Korean husband, call me at"

laychonghanquocl.jpg

Making fun of war crime victims .. Can't you go any lower? Before talking about Nanking and unit 731 etc .. Do take a look and US war in Vietnam .. "Edited"۔۔۔

Hi... his post response to the post from another member who ask me to talk about "Vietnamese victim of Orange Agent" as Ugly Vietnamese. He not intend to say that here if Keel doesn't ask me that. And he even means that "(Keel) concluding that way is not true", Rechoice doesn't say bad about war victims.

Anyway, I didn't Thank to Rechoice post. I do hope Keel remove posting about Agent Orange, and Rechoice removed posting about Nanjing. Thanks for remove them.

Last edited:
Yes, fake taxies (they look like the real ones, but are fake and have fixed meters), taxies with fixed meters, taxies that demand a lot more money and lock you inside until you pay.

Travel agents that promise one quality but deliver a lower one.

5 star hotels that turned out to be 3 stars.

Etc, etc...........

Is there any similar case in Spain or European, @Carlosa? How to resolve it?
Btw, Vietnam room rates quite cheap. Let tell me in advance if you all plan to travel to Hanoi or Vietnam. If you are not sure whether room rates is cheap or expensive, I will fix it for you.

Making fun of war crime victims .. Can't you go any lower? Before talking about Nanking and unit 731 etc .. Do take a look and US war in Vietnam .. "Edited"۔۔۔
orang agent is crime of US in Vietnam war, same what happent in China in WW II. I would like to explain to Chinese friend that orange agent victim are not ugly Vietnamese, they are victims of Vietnam war.

One chinese guy has his nick name "Orange agent".

pls to read more here.

On January 31, 2004, a victim's rights group, the Vietnam Association for Victims of Agent Orange/dioxin (VAVA), filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York in Brooklyn, against several U.S. companies for liability in causing personal injury, by developing, and producing the chemical, and claimed that the use of Agent Orange violated the 1907 Hague Convention on Land Warfare, 1925 Geneva Protocol, and the 1949 Geneva Conventions. Dow Chemical and Monsanto were the two largest producers of Agent Orange for the U.S. military, and were named in the suit, along with the dozens of other companies (Diamond Shamrock, Uniroyal, Thompson Chemicals, Hercules, etc.). On March 10, 2005, Judge Jack B. Weinstein of the Eastern District – who had presided over the 1984 U.S. veterans class-action lawsuit – dismissed the lawsuit, ruling there was no legal basis for the plaintiffs' claims. He concluded Agent Orange was not considered a poison under international law at the time of its use by the U.S.; the U.S. was not prohibited from using it as a herbicide; and the companies which produced the substance were not liable for the method of its use by the government.[98] Weinstein used the British example to help dismissed the claims of people exposed to Agent Orange in their suit against the chemical companies that had supplied it.
Agent Orange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

orang agent is crime of US in Vietnam war, same what happent in China in WW II. I would like to explain to Chinese friend that orange agent victim are not ugly Vietnamese, they are victims of Vietnam war.

One chinese guy has his nick name "Orange agent".

pls to read more here.

On January 31, 2004, a victim's rights group, the Vietnam Association for Victims of Agent Orange/dioxin (VAVA), filed a lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York in Brooklyn, against several U.S. companies for liability in causing personal injury, by developing, and producing the chemical, and claimed that the use of Agent Orange violated the 1907 Hague Convention on Land Warfare, 1925 Geneva Protocol, and the 1949 Geneva Conventions. Dow Chemical and Monsanto were the two largest producers of Agent Orange for the U.S. military, and were named in the suit, along with the dozens of other companies (Diamond Shamrock, Uniroyal, Thompson Chemicals, Hercules, etc.). On March 10, 2005, Judge Jack B. Weinstein of the Eastern District – who had presided over the 1984 U.S. veterans class-action lawsuit – dismissed the lawsuit, ruling there was no legal basis for the plaintiffs' claims. He concluded Agent Orange was not considered a poison under international law at the time of its use by the U.S.; the U.S. was not prohibited from using it as a herbicide; and the companies which produced the substance were not liable for the method of its use by the government.[98] Weinstein used the British example to help dismissed the claims of people exposed to Agent Orange in their suit against the chemical companies that had supplied it.
Agent Orange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Report the. and move on .... Stooping to the same level and insulting war criminals won't make you any better than others..

Report the. and move on .... Stooping to the same level and insulting war criminals won't make you any better than others..

I don't understand why you can't understand what I said.

All the chinese victims in WW II and vietnamese victims in Vietnam war, included orange agent victim , are both ordinary people, not ugly people. Do you understand ?

Back
Top Bottom