What's new

Abe's Strategy: Rearrange Region's Power Balance

Sounds like you have the entire video game planned out. One problem though, the real world isn't like the war gamers blood lust here on PDF. Things are done much more logically and rationally in the 'real world'
yes, in the real world, Chinese are not like the day before world war 2 when japan could do whatever they wanted. And, in the real world, Chinese people are smarter and protect these islands better than you can think.

yes, in the real world, Chinese are not like the day before world war 2 when japan could do whatever they wanted. And, in the real world, Chinese people are smarter and protect these islands better than you can think.

My friend... With all due respect, My comment had absolutely nothing to do with that. Of course China is perfectly capable of defending herself. When did I say otherwise? My comment referred to your war game fantasy. Lots of chest thumping war talk here on PDF, but in the 'real world' that's not how rational actors operate

Modern countries don't go to war at the drop of the hat.

Last edited:
There are still conflict within NATO members. In 1974, Turkey invaded Cypress.

There are always exceptional cases. Turkey's invasion of and then subsequent control of Northern Cyprus is I think one of the main obstacles for Turkey's EU entry:
Northern Cyprus and the European Union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But in general entities like EU and NATO, give the member nations a sense of being part of a greater team and they have mostly eliminated major wars between big rival nations, as they now have a robust framework of conflict resolution within these entities:
EUROPA - The Schuman Declaration – 9 May 1950

at start 10 of this baby will definitely help us against the hooligan in the neighborhood.
the more the chinese increase bullying, the more vessels come to Vietnam.

win-win for all :-)

Doi_tau_tuan_tra_Nhat_Ban.jpg

10 are being sent to Vietnam; another 10 to the Philippines.

Japanese PM, US CNO Discuss Maritime Cooperation

Chief of Naval Operations (CNO) Adm. Jonathan Greenert met with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, May 27 in Abe's office to discuss regional security and maritime partnership opportunities between the United States and Japan.

The meeting between Japan's political leader and the U.S. Navy service chief underscored the importance each nation places on maintaining their strong maritime relationship to achieve strength and stability in the region through cooperative efforts.

"Given the increasingly severe security environment in the Asia-Pacific region the importance of the Japan-U.S. alliance has become even greater than ever," Abe said. "Through your visit I understand that we'll see further collaboration between the [Japan] Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF) as well as the U.S. Navy and that would mean of course the alliance between Japan and the United States. I believe that would have a positive impact on the peace and stability of the entire Asia-Pacific region."

During the meeting, Abe explained that Japan's political leadership has been examining the relationship between their constitution and the right of collective self-defense and other issues that would enable Japan to more swiftly and efficiently contribute to regional and global peace and stability.

Japan's consideration and debate of exercising the right of collective self-defense has been followed with interest by Greenert. He stated from his viewpoint collective self-defense provides greater opportunity for more effective operational cooperation among critical allies, which is key to maintaining the security of Northeast Asia.

On another topic, Abe stated that following President Barack Obama's visit to Tokyo in April Obama's public reaffirmation of the United States' position to uphold an existing defense treaty with Japan was meaningful to promoting stability in the region and bringing the two ally nations closer together.

Greenert, having lived and served in Japan, said he understands the significance of the Asia-Pacific, the partnerships there and the significance of the alliance between the United States and Japan. Greenert added that as the CNO for nearly the past three years he has enjoyed a close relationship with his counterpart in the JMSDF, Chief of Staff Adm. Katsutoshi Kawano, and that the two will continue to bring their navies together while he is at the helm.

"I commit to you and the Kaijo Jieitai [JMSDF] and to Japan that through the remainder of my tour I will work as hard as possible to make the alliance even that much more stronger," Greenert said.

Statements like that backed by action are what earned Greenert Japan's Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun medal, which he was presented a day earlier by Japan's Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera during a series of office calls with Japanese political and military leaders at the Japanese Ministry of Defense.

Greenert said he humbly accepted the honor on behalf of the great men and women who make up the Navy for it is they who are the lifeblood and spirit of the organization.

Greenert is in Japan at the invitation of Kawano for a counterpart visit to enhance cooperation between the two Navies. While in Japan Greenert will also meet with service members during two fleet engagement activities at Yokosuka Naval Base and Naval Air Facility Atsugi where he will have a chance to talk to and hear from Sailors, civilians and family members during all-hands calls at each location.

Everyone kowtows and puts bet on Uncle Sam...funny.

Do you know the significance of this agreement? It means, that the Americans will cooperate with Japan's plans to increase military patrols and responsibility in the region.

JP feels insecure. In the past, JP alone could invade and slave the Asia, now they have to make alliance with Vietnam and 3rd world country, like the Phillipines.

Why do you refer to Vietnam and Philippines as third world nations; they are modernizing economies. The Philippines, alone, has a vibrant economy that is second only to China right now. Its good to see that some of the dreams of Asian integration is seen. I look forward to more strategic partnerships and cooperation between Japan and ASEAN states.

Why do you refer to Vietnam and Philippines as third world nations; they are modernizing economies. The Philippines, alone, has a vibrant economy that is second only to China right now. Its good to see that some of the dreams of Asian integration is seen. I look forward to more strategic partnerships and cooperation between Japan and ASEAN states.

When did I say Vietnam is 3rd world? although with similar country and population size, they can't reach the Korean level. Look my post again. Philippines, a country exporting maid (some for sex purpose), has any hope to modernize? Srsly doubt that. The maids' payment even count in as part of Phillipine's foreign exchange! They are truly an American colony.

China has closer ties with ASEAN.

Do you know the significance of this agreement? It means, that the Americans will cooperate with Japan's plans to increase military patrols and responsibility in the region.

Everybody knows you are in the hands of US. You can only be responsible for what the US government wants you to do.

Abe is a great and respectable person. He is a visionary. He removes the social and legal barriers so Japanese army can be rebuild to be one of the finest armies the world will ever see.

Japan has stagflation and a declining population. Inflation in Japan is destroying the value of their money. Abe's hot air warnings are worse than US hot air warnings. China knows this which is why China will continue to defend its interests in both the SCS and ECS.

Japan has stagflation and a declining population. Inflation in Japan is destroying the value of their money. Abe's hot air warnings are worse than US hot air warnings. China knows this which is why China will continue to defend its interests in both the SCS and ECS.
Japan is technology economy, not slave labor economy like China's. Not comparable! Japan's population is slightly declining but it is changing already. Japan has many allies in the region it can use to compensate for labor if needed. You should be worried about slowing Chinese economy and tentions that might disintegrate China and bust it wide open. Japan will win this cold war and design the region how it suppose to be.

Japan is technology economy, not slave labor economy like China's. Not comparable! Japan's population is slightly declining but it is changing already. Japan has many allies in the region it can use to compensate for labor if needed. You should be worried about slowing Chinese economy and tentions that might disintegrate China and bust it wide open.

China is the growth engine of the world. China is the largest market for Japanese exports. Japanese economy is heavily dependent on net exports for growth as investment and consumption is falling. Japanese industrial output fell too. Japanese growth has collapsed and now inflation has risen. Japanese inflation is rising above 3% and wages are rising only 1% which means consumers are losing purchasing power because of the massive QE of Abe. Japan isn't slowing, its got stagflation which is the worst of both worlds. Now to contain inflation, they have to raise interest rates but they can't do that without destroying Japan completely as the only way they can finance their debt is through low interest rates. The Japanese budget is already constrained from the pensions and the last thing they need is higher interest payments.

Japan is already bust and its only getting worse for them.

Back
Top Bottom