What's new

Abbottabad Commission clears Pak govt, military

Safriz

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
The Daily Telegraph quoting a senior government official says that no one else in the town knew the world s most wanted man had taken up residence there.

It clears Pakistan s government and military establishment of involvement, a verdict that will prompt accusations of a cover-up and infuriate Western diplomats.

The Abbottabad Commission had spent the past year and a half questioning military officers, Osama s wives and residents of Abbottabad.

Osama s presence in Abbottabad, a little away from Islamabad, was deeply embarrassing for the country s leaders.

The investigation describes how the daughter of one of bin Laden s two couriers, who lived with their families in separate buildings inside the high-walled compound, saw the al-Qaeda leader as she climbed the stairs in his private area for a Koran lesson with one of his wives.

According to the Pakistani source, she was oblivious to his identity until she saw his picture on television some days later.

This prompted a hurried security conference inside the compound, which ended with bin Laden giving up his exercise routine in a covered part of the courtyard.

A senior government source said they would find few answers in the commission s report.

"At the end of the day it really doesn t tell us much more than we already knew. It s a disappointment for those who thought this episode might represent a turning point for Pakistan s relationship with extremist groups," he said, adding that the investigation had spent more time considering infringements of Pakistan s sovereignty by the US Seals than probing how such a well-known fugitive evaded detection.

American critics have accused Pakistani officials of knowing more about Osama s presence than they were letting on.

"If Pakistan had taken this breach of sovereignty seriously - by which I mean the head of al-Qaeda sitting in a cantonment so close to the capital - we should have seen a very vigorous investigation," said Christine Fair, a Pakistan watcher at Georgetown University.

"This was a joke," she added.

The five-member judicial commission submitted its report to the government last week.he report also concludes that stealth technology used by the U.S. helicopters enabled them to enter Pakistani airspace without being detected.

Dunya News: Pakistan:-Abbottabad Commission clears Pak govt, military ...

Osama was a CIA man and a case of dog gone mad..nothing else..we should be concentrated on cleaning the damage he did

take your snide comment elsewhere mate...

Its not a snide comment. I am just curious. Majority of Pakistanis don't believe that Osama lived in that compound and nor was he responsible for 9/11.

By holding this commission, doesn't that negate those viewpoints and only reinforce what the rest of the world has been to saying to Pakistan and its conspiracy laden detractors have been trying to prevent?

The commission cleared them on "Not hiding osama" ..
Please read the news before commenting..

So PakMil failed at keeping them both safe- one is Osama the other is our air space-

Its not a snide comment. I am just curious. Majority of Pakistanis don't believe that Osama lived in that compound and nor was he responsible for 9/11.

By holding this commission, doesn't that negate those viewpoints and only reinforce what the rest of the world has been to saying to Pakistan and its conspiracy laden detractors have been trying to prevent?

The opinion of the public or majority need not be the right one.

Your comments are not related to the thread....
Enough of your anti pakistan propogsnda..
No idea why you bother displaying Pakistani flag when you never have anything positive to say about the country.

Osama was an old time veteren of Abottabad often under the protection of ISI and GHQ.

why i am angry?
Because my house is only 3 km from the alleged osama hideout and nobody knew who was living in that house..
The commission report clears pakistan of knowingly protecting osama and they are right..
The commission wasnt created to verify if osama was there or not..
It only says that if something called osama was there un Abottabad...the local people or army didnt know about it....

It was expected that the commission will clear them.

Back
Top Bottom