What's new

AARM-24 in Hanoi: ASEAN Armies Rifle meet - Pictures

I thought vietnam should be the best in south-east countries. shame on you viets. you are now slipping into india-model.

Myanmar #4. I'm so happy we beat Singapore.

But yeah, it's not really a serious competition.

I never intend to downgrade Indonesia, but the competition could show you how a team could do their best to win.
1. This competition doesn't use only 1 type of rifle but only 1 type of ammunition.
That means beside the good shooters are the good rifles.
You should pay more attention to Indonesian SS-2

2. A team never represents for an army. We should think about how entire of an army was trained.
For war, a team is meaningless, but an army.

3. Total medal quantity of Vietnam team as listed : 9 ( without a gold medal).
Not too bad. Compare to other team has total 3 medals including 1 gold ( for example : Myanmar, Singapore )

In combat, a bronze, silver shot effect is quite similar to a gold shot. Death or wound.
I don't want to get shot by even bronze medal shooter. You?

I never intend to downgrade Indonesia, but the competition could show you how a team could do their best to win.
1. This competition doesn't use only 1 type of rifle but only 1 type of ammunition.
That means beside the good shooters are the good rifles.
You should pay more attention to Indonesian SS-2

2. A team never represents for an army. We should think about how entire of an army was trained.
For war, a team is meaningless, but an army.

3. Total medal quantity of Vietnam team as listed : 9 ( without a gold medal).
Not too bad. Compare to other team has total 3 medals including 1 gold ( for example : Myanmar, Singapore )

In combat, a bronze, silver shot effect is quite similar to a gold shot. Death or wound.
I don't want to get shot by even bronze medal shooter. You?

Hell yeah we have a good rifles :sniper:, and what i mean is i will waiting the times when Vietnam Army order SS-2. As we are learning so much from our experience to combating rebels in jungle and mountains area, so we need an assault riffle which is good at accuracy and have a decent stopping power at long range distance. I think Vietnam has similar landscape like us :p:

pigtaker is notorious trolls paid by PRC government no need to give him an attention

Hell yeah we have a good rifles :sniper:, and what i mean is i will waiting the times when Vietnam Army order SS-2. As we are learning so much from our experience to combating rebels in jungle and mountains area, so we need an assault riffle which is good at accuracy and have a decent stopping power at long range distance. I think Vietnam has similar landscape like us :p:

Agree. I strongly suggest all ASEAN member countries adopt SS2 as their standard rifle. Starting from using it as their standard rifle on regional championship. We can even make joint production of this rifle to help reduce the cost of further development and fasten the production time of this rifles since PT. Pindad production line is very limited.

Because... it's not even funny anymore to see this again and again...

aarm24-6.jpg

Really...? Hmmm...

aarm24.jpg

Really...? what a...? Damn...

Last edited:
Agree. I strongly suggest all ASEAN member countries adopt SS2 as their standard rifle. Starting from using it as their standard rifle on regional championship. We can even make joint production of this rifle to help reduce the cost of further development and fasten the production time of this rifles since PT. Pindad production line is very limited.

Because... it's not even funny anymore to see this again and again...

View attachment 156168
Really...? what a...? Damn...

How do you know it's the rifle that produces these good results and not the soldiers?

I still think the Singapore military are the best trained and equipped army in ASEAN. The problem is that most of their soldiers (the conscripts) are short sighted hahaha. It's like 80% of them wear glasses.

Their competitors are probably shooting at the trees instead of the targets.

How do you know it's the rifle that produces these good results and not the soldiers?

I still think the Singapore military are the best trained and equipped army in ASEAN. The problem is that most of their soldiers (the conscripts) are short sighted hahaha. It's like 80% of them wear glasses.

Their competitors are probably shooting at the trees instead of the targets.

They're definitely the best funded but if it ever came down to a war, their conscripts would probably pay their Bengali maids to do the fighting for them.

They're definitely the best funded but if it ever came down to a war, their conscripts would probably pay their Bengali maids to do the fighting for them.

Nah Soldiers or Infantry has lost its real value as the centuries gone by. Drones is the future. I have been a long advocate of drones over fleshy meatbags. Infantry like old Russian saying is for fool.

Nah Soldiers or Infantry has lost its real value as the centuries gone by. Drones is the future. I have been a long advocate of drones over fleshy meatbags. Infantry like old Russian saying is for fool.

As long as there are people, there will be infantry warfare. You can't win wars without boots on the ground.

As long as there are people, there will be infantry warfare. You can't win wars without boots on the ground.

Oh please that is so half a century ago. You might as well return the infantry line while you at it. Think of it this way in the not so distant the future when drone technology have evolved dramatically what's the point of having meatbags on the ground when there's already drone that are willing to take all the danger & risk that most infantry will faces on the warzone?

ugv_talon.JPG

No sir, I foresee that Infantry will take a more specialized role akin to that of the special forces. So I will see less human on the battlefield & more robots.

4 example:

Oh please that is so half a century ago. You might as well return the infantry line while you at it. Think of it this way in the not so distant the future when drone technology have evolved dramatically what's the point of having meatbags on the ground when there's already drone that are willing to take all the danger & risk that most infantry will faces on the warzone?

View attachment 156215

No sir, I foresee that Infantry will take a more specialized role akin to that of the special forces. So I will see less human on the battlefield & more robots.

4 example:

It'll be generations before infantry becomes 'obsolete'. Stop playing so many video games.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom