What's new

AARM-24 in Hanoi: ASEAN Armies Rifle meet - Pictures

Whoever use M-16A1 in Vietnam is not soldier.
That's err local militia including girls, always without ranking

We ever used them to defeat China invasion in 1979

Like this. You could identify who is who by color and uniform
a3.jpg

images1904193_DSC_0004.jpg

51a2b282_1369617026.gif

Last edited:
Yep. Those are safety hazard waiting to happen. Sorry can't help to point that out. I work as a safety inspector.

I just noticed that immediately as i was scanning the pictures he posted. Slippers are a big no no for safety standards. Hopefully the Vietnamese Army can afford proper boots for their soldiers. Boots are only $10.

M-16 was proved uncomfortable in Vietnam battlefield, the good and bad is barrel length at 508mm. Total length: 990mm - AK-47 870mm ; Later Galil ACE 32 : 890mm

shorter than the M-14 it was supposed to replace, but you get the idea. Galil Ace is good rifle though so your grunts are very lucky to have it.

shorter than the M-14 it was supposed to replace, but you get the idea. Galil Ace is good rifle though so your grunts are very lucky to have it.

We still manage to get the good build quality of Galil ACE in Vietnam. Still with 7.62x39mm caliber. version.

Most of rifle and carbine Vietnam team using in AARM is imported ones with NATO standard ammunition 5.56x45mm

570216020130329145854906.jpg

Last edited:
Galil ACE 31 / 32 ( Ak-100 was lost to this type in Vietnam contract )

Good rifle, the galil. Few pictures of Pindad ss2 and some of it's Standart Variant.

pindad-ss2.jpg

Elite Variant
ss2v5.jpg

SS2-V5 A1

ss2v52.jpg

Indonesian UN Contingen in Sudan using SS2-V5 A1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you know it's the rifle that produces these good results and not the soldiers?

I still think the Singapore military are the best trained and equipped army in ASEAN. The problem is that most of their soldiers (the conscripts) are short sighted hahaha. It's like 80% of them wear glasses. Their competitors are probably shooting at the trees instead of the targets.

The Indonesian soldiers is undoubtedly have a very good marksman skill, we all know that. Yet we can't discount the possibilities that using SS2 rifle have boost their skill so that they can produce those awesome result consistently. Moreover, the rifles looks cool :D Not bad at all. hehe. So having joint production with some interested ASEAN country will be a welcome development.

Sing soldiers maybe best equipped, maybe... we can argue about that... but definitely not the best trained.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE RESULT

aarm24.jpg

Good job team ASEAN

Last edited:
I just noticed that immediately as i was scanning the pictures he posted. Slippers are a big no no for safety standards. Hopefully the Vietnamese Army can afford proper boots for their soldiers. Boots are only $10.

Good notice. He's a local militia in Southern Vietnam. Only Southern Vietnam militia using M-16.
I guess he is hurry up to come on time at the shooting exam.

We still manage to get the good build quality of Galil ACE in Vietnam. Still with 7.62x39mm caliber. version.

Most of rifle and carbine Vietnam team using in AARM is imported ones with NATO standard ammunition 5.62x45mm

View attachment 156361

5.56 still a way better choices than the 7.62 though. (To me at least.)
  • Less recoil means more accuracy.
  • Cause more damage to human body there's even a convention signed as not to improve the 5.56 lethality.
  • Weight less so soldiers can carry more.
The use of different cartridges are mostly different operational doctrines, but mostly I prefer the 5.56 cause listed above & more.

Just like Vietnam the Turks have fondness for "thirty-o-eight." The difference is the Turks prefer a longer, bigger gun:

When Overkill is a gun:
mpt.jpg

mpt1.jpg

"Apparently Turkish soldiers, who were used to their 7.62mm battle rifles, disliked the range and stopping power of the 5.56mm cartridge." - See more at: The new Turkish MKEK Mehmecik MPT-76 National Rifle - The Firearm Blog

Just like vietnam and Turkey, PT. Pindad Indonesia also developing the 7.62mm rifle variant called "SSX 7.62" what a generic name.. hehe.

More Raw Firepower from PT. Pindad

ssx.jpg

Vice President of Indonesia trying SSX Rifle on Indo Defence 2014

ssx-1.jpg

SSX 7.62 - What a beauty...

ssx-2.jpg

SSX 7.62 - What a beast...

Vietnam would have better result if the competition use AK rifle and SKS carbine

UGV can occupy cities just as their human counterpart can do & my last post was to show the redundancy of infantry in Modern Warfare.

UGVs will be used in 'actual' warfare, not the warfare we have now but 'actual' warfare between two countries, whatever that means, to occupy cities. OK. I can see you believing things like that. Might as well believe The Terminator is real.

UGVs will be used in 'actual' warfare, not the warfare we have now but 'actual' warfare between two countries, whatever that means, to occupy cities. OK. I can see you believing things like that. Might as well believe The Terminator is real.

Will be real someday, but infantry these day only be deployed only after the actual battle was finished. Capturing objectives that the rest of the armed forces can't touch because of reasons. That is the kind of jobs that should be left to drones & it will one day because of the danger it pose to the infantry.

Good rifle, the galil. Few pictures of Pindad ss2 and some of it's Standart Variant.

View attachment 156335

Elite Variant
View attachment 156442
SS2-V5 A1

View attachment 156444
Indonesian UN Contingen in Sudan using SS2-V5 A1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Indonesian soldiers is undoubtedly have a very good marksman skill, we all know that. Yet we can't discount the possibilities that using SS2 rifle have boost their skill so that they can produce those awesome result consistently. Moreover, the rifles looks cool :D Not bad at all. hehe. So having joint production with some interested ASEAN country will be a welcome development.

Sing soldiers maybe best equipped, maybe... we can argue about that... but definitely not the best trained.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE RESULT

View attachment 156363
Good job team ASEAN

My GOD, Indonesia completely killed it man. This wasnt even a competition to be honest. It was a walk over. WTH? They got more medals overall than the best next 4-5 combined?:o: Jesus, i never expected this. Guess i will need to start paying attention to Indonesia's armed forces much more. Congrats again Indonesia. that was great, be proud of yourselves:cheers:

Now I guess I know why the Americas are developing cartridges such as the 6.5mm rounds and 6.8mm rounds which is "in-between" the 5.56mm (.223 caliber) and 7.62mm (.30 caliber)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom