What's new

AARM-24 in Hanoi: ASEAN Armies Rifle meet - Pictures

Made from old rubber tyres.

Congrat Indonesia team !!!

Do you mention that the result didn't follow ranking regulation? Just a list with ABC name.

Anyway, Vietnam team always in the bottom. LOL

Interesting.

The standard footwear for the Imperial Japanese Army was the Tabi footwear (足袋). Actually, many of the Imperial Soldiers who fought in distant islands in the pacific preferred to wear sandals, sometimes even barefoot due to the moist jungle environment. Wearing boots and heavy Tabi footwear promoted foot fungus , so it wasn't conducive for foot health!

large[1].jpg

Interesting.

The standard footwear for the Imperial Japanese Army was the Tabi footwear (足袋). Actually, many of the Imperial Soldiers who fought in distant islands in the pacific preferred to wear sandals, sometimes even barefoot due to the moist jungle environment. Wearing boots and heavy Tabi footwear promoted foot fungus , so it wasn't conducive for foot health!

View attachment 157090

damn! ninja style

maybe japan can make boots conducive to tropical environments, especially now they can assists their allies abroad.

indonesia was always on top in the history of AARM since the beginning. Good job to all participants and Thanks Vietnam for a hosting such a successful event

@Nihonjin1051 Tsinelas :-)

I find something strange with the report. Is there some error on the notification? I take the news from the AARM 24 official website though.

aarm24-1.jpg

Today result

aarm24-2.jpg

Yesterday result

Some other teams with the rifles for competition ( with riflescope) Vietnam team only shoot by iron sight support.
Vietnam team only use iron sight on their rifles when shooting. Some other teams use riflescope support their shooting.

Congrat Indonesia team !!!
Do you mention that the result didn't follow ranking regulation? Just a list with ABC name.
Anyway, Vietnam team always in the bottom. LOL

Good finding. Looks like the competition regulation give a freedom to choose whether a shooter want to use rifle scope or just using iron sight. Maybe it doesn't give significant improvement over the result. If not, they will ban such action.

I haven't seen pictures of Indonesian team using rifle scope on AARM 24 though. So it might be the case. Rifelscope doesn't give significant improvement over the result.

I took the report from AARM 24 official website, and they display the result in alphabetical order. So yeah, vietnam will always displayed at the bottom. haha

Last edited:
Interesting.

View attachment 157090

You are right, fighting battle field in jungle or in rice plant is total different fromt flat land.

This is pic of South Vietnam's liberation army in 1967.
quan GP.jpg

maybe japan can make boots conducive to tropical environments, especially now they can assists their allies abroad.

indonesia was always on top in the history of AARM since the beginning. Good job to all participants and Thanks Vietnam for a hosting such a successful event

@Nihonjin1051 Tsinelas :-)

Just wear Socks.
616615228_o.jpg

Nowaday most military boots can handle the tropic.

I find something strange with the report. Is there some error on the notification? I take the news from the AARM 24 official website though.

Good finding. Looks like the competition regulation give a freedom to choose whether a shooter want to use rifle scope or just using iron sight. Maybe it doesn't give significant improvement over the result. If not, they will ban such action.

I haven't seen pictures of Indonesian team using rifle scope on AARM 24 though. So it might be the case. Rifelscope doesn't give significant improvement over the result.

I took the report from AARM 24 official website, and they display the result in alphabetical order. So yeah, vietnam will always displayed at the bottom. haha

And Iron sights doesn't determine which is better. Remember our Army motto? "Man Behind The Gun":sniper:\
Good Job for all participants. :woot:

You are right, fighting battle field in jungle or in rice plant is total different fromt flat land.

This is pic of South Vietnam's liberation army in 1967.
View attachment 157101

When the Imperial Army wasn't fighting, they were enjoying their "free time" relaxing, lol.

Here's one of Imperial Soldiers in China,
7c2bb3804b07d8a2f3190f95bb4083f4[1].jpg

(note the bare sandals, and sandals with socks, lol)

Latest News 26-Nov-2014
en.qdnd.vn/defence-cooperation/team-captains-at-aarm-24-join-friendly-shooting-competition/333480.html

Team captains at AARM-24 join friendly shooting competition

PANO – Rifle, carbine, men’s pistol team captains at the 24th ASEAN Army Rifle Meet on November 25th took part in a friendly shooting competition at the Mieu Mon National Training Centre, as part of activities to promote exchange, friendship and solidarity among participating teams.

Accordingly, each team with five members, selected from participating contingents, competed in different categories. Best teams were also presented with medals. Later the same day, the AARM-24 Organizing Committee granted medals to the best firers competing in such three shooting contents of Match 5 as men’s pistol, rifle and carbine.

Accordingly, the Indonesian team excellently topped the AARM-24 with 100 medals, including 61 golds, 22 silvers and 17 bronzes, followed by the Thai contingent with 12 golds, 31 silvers and 11 bronzes. Filipino and Myanmar teams ranked third and fourth in the competition, respectively. ~ what a pretty number, a perfect 100 ~

aarm24.jpg

Job well done, soldiers...

Last edited:
congrat Indonesian, you win most at AARM-24, shame on Vietnam team

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom