What's new

AARM-24 in Hanoi: ASEAN Armies Rifle meet - Pictures

Yes the result show the superior of Indonesian.

FYI, Vietnam team is not using the rifle that they used to master but NATO standard FNC

For pistol, Vietnam use K-14 Vietnamese made modified version of K-54.

I was really surprised when I saw you guys at the bottom & how did you perform in the Pistol competition

Indonesian Soldiers, like Philippine Soldiers are battle hardened in fighting separatists , insurgents. They have proven capabilities. Deadly. Do not underestimate them.

Indeed, Indonesia faces many insurgencies, rebellion movement and small scale war after its birth that made the TNI busy and keep honing their skills.

- PKI (communist party) in Madiun - 1948
- Darul Islam (DI) dan Tentara Islam Indonesia (TII) - 1949
- APRA (Angkatan Perang Ratu Adil), Andi Azis, dan Republik Maluku Selatan (RMS) - 1950
- Pemerintahan Revolusioner Republik Indonesia (PRRI) - 1958
- Permesta - 1958
- Operasi Trikora (capture west papua) - 1961
- Konfrontasi with federasi malaysia - 1962
- Tragedi Nasional G 30 S/PKI Tahun - 1965
- Operasi Seroja (capture timor leste) - 1975
- Gerakan Aceh Merdeka (GAM) - 1976
- Organisasi Papua Merdeka (OPM) - Until Now

During 2004, SS 2 is not really good though, but some how we managed to win...

Nice little info you have there. Do you have some stats for 2004's result? How the result if we compare with the latest competitions with the latest rifle development?

I heard that these Indonesian soldiers are professional athletes. I mean they are not real soldiers. They can not represent the real ability of normal soldiers. China sends soldiers to similar match too. But they are real soldiers chosen from active army.

You heard wrong. If they're not real soldiers, they would've been disqualified.

Our soldiers train hard. They deserve this achievement.

Indeed, Indonesia faces many insurgencies, rebellion movement and small scale war after its birth that made the TNI busy and keep honing their skills.

Termasuk lwt baku hantam sm sodara sendiri si korp cokelat. :( :cheesy:

Last edited:
I wonder if the Philippine group use the Remginton R4 or did they still use the old M16A1 rifles and AR-15 carbines.

probably not, think they still use the old ones M16 A2, think these are the ones that's been refurbished by GA

20112014son3164143822[1].jpg

- PKI (communist party) in Madiun - 1948
- Darul Islam (DI) dan Tentara Islam Indonesia (TII) - 1949
- APRA (Angkatan Perang Ratu Adil), Andi Azis, dan Republik Maluku Selatan (RMS) - 1950
- Pemerintahan Revolusioner Republik Indonesia (PRRI) - 1958
- Permesta - 1958
- Operasi Trikora (capture west papua) - 1961
- Konfrontasi with federasi malaysia - 1962
- Tragedi Nasional G 30 S/PKI Tahun - 1965
- Operasi Seroja (capture timor leste) - 1975
- Gerakan Aceh Merdeka (GAM) - 1976
- Organisasi Papua Merdeka (OPM) - Until Now

Nice little info you have there. Do you have some stats for 2004's result? How the result if we compare with the latest competitions with the latest rifle development?

Well, I dont know about the competition, I just had a conversation with former Marine about SS 2, M 16 is easier though according too him, but he hasnt had any experience yet handling SS 2 latest version.

they are active and regular soldiers for sure, it just their training is much extensive than the others. For our shooting games civilian athletes, they are sucked a big times when attending Olympiad games against prominent countries like USA, Germany, UK and France :(

its ok Madokafc, dont be sad. im sure you will do better soon in Olympiad as well, provided you train your athletes better and give them proper infrastrucure/incentives to excel like those we have here in the west/U.S. so take it easy, otherwise my arms are wide open to you, if you need someone to comfort for your sadness.:kiss3::oops:

:D

the infantry is battle hardened, but the rest is not so sure. Unlike US and her allies (especially Britain, France and Australia) we don't have any meaningful combined and modern warfare experience. Except for the training with US and other countries with advanced military power, we don't have any meaningful real battle experience to boast .........................

Perhaps it is only invetible that Indonesia Raya will take the helm in helping secure the stability in global hot zones. I see a more proactive Indonesia sending soldiers to help stabilize and fight terrorist threats in the Middle East , Africa etc.

Yes, though Indonesia army also happened to be better armed - they manage to buy Leopard 2 MBTs even though Indonesia is an archipelago.

The Philippine Army and Philippine Marines are argued one of the best fighting forces, despite their limitations. They are , from my understanding from JSDF military observers to Philippines, able to make due with what little they have and execute objectives lethally. Battlefield experience in fighting communist threats, separatists in the south (MNLF, MILF, Abu Sayaff and cells of Islamiyah Jeremiyah) allows them to be proficient in handling exigencies.

Provided the Philippine Army and Marines are given more resources, upgrades to the Philippine Navy and Philippine Air Force, there's no reason why Manila cannot be a regional power house.

Know your friends in Tokyo support you guys. We don't say much, but we observe much. ;)

Weapons of choice
Thailand, Philippine, Laos, Cambodia, Brunei use M16 and its variant. (origin: USA)
Myanmar use MA-1 MK II. (local development)
Vietnam use FN FNC. (origin : belgium)
Indonesia use SS2. (local development).
Malaysia, Singapore use Aug Steyr. (origin : austria)

myanmar.jpg thai.jpg phil.jpg viet.jpg cam.jpg brunei.jpg malay.jpg indo.jpg lao.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update Result Good job ASEAN Team

aarm24.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Termasuk lwt baku hantam sm sodara sendiri si korp cokelat. :( :cheesy:

Good point, but hey.. thats just a little sport. :-)

Last edited:
they are active and regular soldiers for sure, it just their training is much extensive than the others. For our shooting games civilian athletes, they are sucked a big times when attending Olympiad games against prominent countries like USA, Germany, UK and France :(
when did USA, Germany, UK and France become prominent countries in Olympiad shooting games? your white-lickering mentality is beyond limits.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom