What's new

AAP could form govt in Delhi; all options on table: Kumar Vishwas

vicky sen

Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi: In an interesting turn of events, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Friday indicated that it could form the government in Delhi even though it doesn’t have the required numbers.

AAP leader Kumar Vishwas said that all options are on the table and they are deliberation on all of them.

Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung has invited AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal to discuss government formation in Delhi. The two will meet tomorrow morning.

The L-G extended invitation to AAP after BJP CM candidate Harsh Vardhan declined the offer to stake claim, saying his party does not have the numbers.

The recent Assembly elections in Delhi threw up a fractured mandate – BJP won 31 seats in the 70-member House and emerged as the single largest party. AAP, meanwhile, got 28 seats followed by Congress's eight.

Earlier, with no party having majority and ready to stake claim, Delhi appeared to be heading for President's Rule and subsequent re-election.

However, Kumar Vishwas’ remarks could change the scenario.

Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi too has said that the party was not averse to supporting Aam Aadmi Party for government formation in Delhi.

Rahul Thursday told reporters that the Congress is mulling the option of lending support to AAP t form government in Delhi.

"It is under consideration," he said.

Congress MLAs are reported to be keen to lend support to AAP, while some BJP MLAs also want to extend support to the debutant party.

AAP could form govt in Delhi; all options on table: Kumar Vishwas

AAP should go for it. They have an opportunity to prove with their governance. By not forming govt or not getting an opportunity to be an effective opposition may prove detrimental to AAP's chances in future. It's better to be doing one of those rather than doing neither!

Lets see if they take people from Congress and BJP against whom they fought.

Before changing the system, the system changed them.

Well.. they are in a classic catch 22 situation...to form the govt or not to? Sitting idle without governing or not being an effective opposition for a new found party with such a popular mandate will prove to be detrimental to their future!

I would love to see the aap form the govt. they have been criticizing the govt on everything, and promising cheap electricity and gas , lets see how they are able to do this . :)
That was all bluster and that's why they shudder at the prospect of forming the government. If they can't deliver, then their chances at the hustings in 2014 would come a cropper.

I would love to see the aap form the govt. they have been criticizing the govt on everything, and promising cheap electricity and gas , lets see how they are able to do this . :)

I live in Delhi AKA I am a Delhi Wala
I can assure you that slashing electricity prices by 50% is pure baloney
Let them come in power we will see how they manage to do this

Electricity rates in Delhi is already good imo. Slashing it by 50% is tough. I'll support AAP next time if they manage to run it efficiently by cutting the rate.

I think AAP shud ask the people of Delhi if they want them to go for the govt with coalition or shud go for relection. Afterall its aam admi parti so ask the aam aadmi if they are ready to go for a relection this tym.

I think AAP shud ask the people of Delhi if they want them to go for the govt with coalition or shud go for relection. Afterall its aam admi parti so ask the aam aadmi if they are ready to go for a relection this tym.

They have asked through electoral process and people gave them these many seats, From now on it is power play and politics.

• Congress writes letter to Delhi LG, offers support to AAP for govt formation: Times Now
News just breaking guys... let's see if AAP bites the bullet & takes the offer! I hope they do it. Please... please.. take it folks!

& that too.. unconditional as per NDTV. This is such good offer... AAP got to be a fool to refuse this!

Congress writes to Delhi's Lieutenant Governor, offers unconditional support to Aam Aadmi Party: NDTV

Last edited:
  • Congress writes letter to Delhi LG, offers support to AAP for govt formation: Times Now
News just breaking guys... let's see if AAP bites the bullet & takes the offer! I hope they do it. Please... please.. take it folks!

& that too.. unconditional as per NDTV. This is such good offer... AAP got to be a fool to refuse this!

Congress writes to Delhi's Lieutenant Governor, offers unconditional support to Aam Aadmi Party: NDTV

I am a strong supporter of BJP let's see what the AAP folks do when they form the govt
It might work
But my greater worry is AAP messing up the LS 2014 polls result

Last edited:
Electricity rates in Delhi is already good imo. Slashing it by 50% is tough. I'll support AAP next time if they manage to run it efficiently by cutting the rate.
Hey I'm offended by that picture you have as your avatar. That guy slaughtered my people. Please change it.

Back
Top Bottom