What's new

Aamir Khan isn’t alone: I too am a little afraid of living in India

AR Rahman is a 'Sanghi' to boot. Guy is a fan of Kalam sir. :tsk:
He even recomposed Vande Mataram. Made it cool. No wonder he trolled Aamir.

Bhai its happened in many forums already. Ppl posting ar rahman "support" without checking the details. Then silence thereafter when truth is revealed to them :lol:

personally I believe that Amir Khan should have been more careful in giving remarks such as these because people idealize him and I am sure some make him their role model and as such they don't expect such statements from him...but on the other hand apart from the fringe elements in Indian politics etc I thought the majority will tapper this event down ... but I guess I was wrong...

ah ok I gotcha bro.

The reaction riight now was coz of all the tons of noise various quarters were raising around Bihar election season.

Aamir Khan basically really sucked at his timing. People are just fed up of the artificiality of it all.

Just because the guy tried to show a glimpse of reality through his brilliant prodigy ideology PK film.
of course, the intelligent would grasp the essence, whilst the stupid who want to follow their ancestors rather than using their own brains would protest.

Actually, the Amir episode is being opposed by almost all and sundry. This is not a political protest anymore. 'Sanghis' can never influence the entire nation to this extent. Either they have gained control of the majority of the youth (very unlikely), or most of India is just having similar views as theirs on this matter.

It is not about opposing someone. If you go back and check my posts, I also thought his comment was slightly irresponsible which hogged all the limelight although his overall interview was actually pretty good. But he is not the first person in the public life to make an irresponsible comment, nor will he be the last. The lynch mob attitude of hard line right wingers to crucify someone for a personal comment has pushed people away from BJP. I can see it around me. I supported BJP in the 2014 elections, many of my friends who do not have any party affiliation did but now a lot of us are not sure to be honest. Your core group will always be there but elections are won on swing votes. It is taking a massive beating at the moment, as we saw in Delhi and Bihar. People who are high on twitter euphoria of right wingers don't realize it. Bihar was supposed to be a landslide victory for BJP as per twitter.

It is not about opposing someone. If you go back and check my posts, I also thought his comment was slightly irresponsible which hogged all the limelight although his overall interview was actually pretty good. But he is not the first person in the public life to make an irresponsible comment, nor will he be the last. The lynch mob attitude of hard line right wingers to crucify someone for a personal comment has pushed people away from BJP. I can see it around me. I supported BJP in the 2014 elections, many of my friends who do not have any party affiliation did but now a lot of us are not sure to be honest. Your core group will always be there but elections are won on swing votes. It is taking a massive beating at the moment, as we saw in Delhi and Bihar. People who are high on twitter euphoria of right wingers don't realize it. Bihar was supposed to be a landslide victory for BJP as per twitter.

So you are saying "Minority Appeasement" is the way forward. ?

Otherwise the Swing vote will Swing away ?

You Do realize Aamir Khan is being targeted because he was an irresponsible CELEBRITY and NOT because he is a Muslim. A regular joe or Muhammed who made this comment will only be laughed at, not abused.

However his comments came BECAUSE he was a Muslim.

Keep burying your head in the sand.

LOL..... by the looks of it, YOU are the one who is burying your head in the sand.

I have only asked you to back up your statement with Facts. What seems to be the problem here ? You have NO Proof ?

SO does that mean your posts are based on Prejudice and cloaked Bigotry ? :disagree:

India is not country only for hindus. Muslims and Sikhs of India should demand their separate country

That is due to poor media management. BJP will most likely lose the next national elections. I will write on this soon. But it is inevitable. Unless Modi appeases the media, this will happen. Not that I recommend Modi to do it.

The reaction to Amir was not a right wing response IMO. All people from all spheres and political affiliations have opposed his remarks. That is a good sign.

only if one were an upper-caste Hindu male
Is he crazy or something??? Hindu upper caste male??? No social media asks for your caste, or no one is on social media to tell his/her caste and Kundali. This is just a pure Lie

We know that militant Islam does not get criticised in India as much as militant Hindutva. We know it is outright silly to compare the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh with the Islamic State. We know a certain section of the intelligentsia will always display cantankerousness towards Narendra Modi. We know Mani Shankar Aiyar should have long retired from public life.
Only valid points of the article.

Like congress get one in MP.

Congress is dead. No future.
BJP routed massively in Delhi & Bihar. And in Bengal BJP will be pummeled beyond recognition.
Unless you want the BJP to be the same, then keep on harping about Congress if thats what makes you happy.

Right now in Delhi its 67-3.
2020 elections again in Delhi
And that time 64-6. And you will say, look BJP increased its tally by 100%.
I understand you want to become a millionaire, but what if you are one, only when you are at the death bed. What is good of your million which you saved by adding few rupees a day.
If thats your way of seeing into things. Good luck.

No wonder Modi invited Sonia to 7 Race Course begging for co-operation on GST. Licking his wounds, eating a humble pie. Well, before Bihar, his attitude was "my way or the highway"

Defeat teaches you something that victory can't.

Back
Top Bottom