What's new

Aafia's mom pleads for Musharraf

Why would Pakistan's main intelligence agency the Inter-Services Intelligence just randomly pick up a woman in middle of Karachi and hand her over to the Americans while maintaining complete silence?

Do you not think the ISI and the Pakistani government would rather build up a terrorist case against her in the media first and then arrest her (or kidnap her according to conspiracy theorists)?

nope when has the ISI ever built a case they just pick you up i have mentioned the police picked her up as claimed by her sister (she has been introduced to the person responsible) as for her crimes i cannot say she wasn't jailed for being either a courier or a financier as you have yourself stated the assault itself happened in bagram prison many innocent have been picked up many have since been allowed to leave guantanamo

Even then her sister wants her to complete her term in pakistan

some of my relatives had her sister over at their house and she brought over some of her campaign material i look for that

nope when has the ISI ever built a case they just pick you up i have mentioned the police picked her up as claimed by her sister (she has been introduced to the person responsible) as for her crimes i cannot say she wasn't jailed for being either a courier or a financier as you have yourself stated the assault itself happened in bagram prison many innocent have been picked up many have since been allowed to leave guantanamo

Even then her sister wants her to complete her term in pakistan

some of my relatives had her sister over at their house and she brought over some of her campaign material i look for that

Why was the Pakistani police looking for her in the first place?

Why was the Pakistani police looking for her in the first place?

she had been labelled as a 'small fry' by USA and was searching for her( before that her ex husband was picked up) was not a handler not a courier

I can appreciate the fact that you do not care. But the law is the law. She was, and is, a citizen of Pakistan.

USA will not repatriate a US citizen like that, but Dr. Aafia Siddiqui is a Pakistani citizen.

If you keep saying that over and over again maybe it will come true. But for now she has an American passport and I know for a fact you cannot have a pakistani passport if you have an american one because you surrender being a pakistani to swear allegiance to the US of A in a fancy ceremony.

Showing blank pakistani passports of US born children on TV by her sister should have been enough for everyone. But alas .. it will take nothing short of miracles to get you guys out of this emotional religious coma.

If you keep saying that over and over again maybe it will come true. But for now she has an American passport and I know for a fact you cannot have a pakistani passport if you have an american one because you surrender being a pakistani to swear allegiance to the US of A in a fancy ceremony.

Showing blank pakistani passports of US born children on TV by her sister should have been enough for everyone. But alas .. it will take nothing short of miracles to get you guys out of this emotional religious coma.

Please see this:

Last edited by a moderator:
I know for a fact you cannot have a pakistani passport if you have an american one

From embassyofpakistanusa.org/dual.php:

US nationals of Pakistani origin can now have dual nationality. In addition to their US passports, they can now also keep their Pakistani passports. In order to apply for their Pakistani passports they would have to submit their original US passport, which should have "Pakistan" as the country of origin, and in addition, original Pakistani ID card.
[stuff deleted]
The dual nationality arrangement has been arrived at after consultation between the two governments and has the full approval of both governments.

Makes one wonder what else you "know for a fact"

When your justice system is confused which century to follow, things like that are bound to happen.

From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Pakistan:

The Law of Pakistan is the law and legal system existing in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Pakistani law is based upon the legal system of British India; thus ultimately on the common law of England and Wales. Pakistan as an Islamic republic also has been influenced by Islamic Sharia law.

Note that it states that Pakistan has merely been "influenced" by Islamic law, and not that Sharia is the law of the land. The century in this case would therefore be the 19th to early 20th Century. There is therefore no confusion whatsoever about which century is being followed.

Except perhaps in the minds of Pakistan's liberal-secular Islam haters.

From embassyofpakistanusa.org/dual.php:

US nationals of Pakistani origin can now have dual nationality. In addition to their US passports, they can now also keep their Pakistani passports. In order to apply for their Pakistani passports they would have to submit their original US passport, which should have "Pakistan" as the country of origin, and in addition, original Pakistani ID card.
[stuff deleted]
The dual nationality arrangement has been arrived at after consultation between the two governments and has the full approval of both governments.

Makes one wonder what else you "know for a fact"

From en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Pakistan:

The Law of Pakistan is the law and legal system existing in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan. Pakistani law is based upon the legal system of British India; thus ultimately on the common law of England and Wales. Pakistan as an Islamic republic also has been influenced by Islamic Sharia law.

Note that it states that Pakistan has merely been "influenced" by Islamic law, and not that Sharia is the law of the land. The century in this case would therefore be the 19th to early 20th Century. There is therefore no confusion whatsoever about which century is being followed.

Except perhaps in the minds of Pakistan's liberal-secular Islam haters.

Well.. this is what I get for acting like a know it all.. always thought that it was a nicop you could get.. I guess ill change my stance as to Pakistan spending millions over a terrorists defense.

Someone was blaming the army and government for letting Raymond Davis escape.. well he left the country fullfilling a requirements for an Islamic law loop hole. Facts are there you can keep attacking liberals or whoever till you get it right.

he left the country fullfilling a requirements for an Islamic law loop hole.

Indeed he did - they had to provide a cover for his release, and they found one not in Anglo-Saxon common law, but in Islamic law.

Facts are there you can keep attacking liberals or whoever till you get it right.

That's a pretty lame attempt at a riposte. I pointed out to you flaws in your "facts" leading you to change your stance on, as you put it, Pakistan spending millions on a "terrorist's" defense.

And you are lecturing me to get things right?

Indeed he did - they had to provide a cover for his release, and they found one not in Anglo-Saxon common law, but in Islamic law.

That's a pretty lame attempt at a riposte. I pointed out to you flaws in your "facts" leading you to change your stance on, as you put it, Pakistan spending millions on a "terrorist's" defense.

And you are lecturing me to get things right?

You mean the fact that she can hold a Pakistani passport in addition to a US passport? So now what would you like me do about Aafia? Throw rose petals at her pictures during her rallies taken out by her sister? Or should I forget the chemical weapons lab she wanted to run for al qaeda? If you can listen to her mother and sister, you should also not discount her ex husbands confessionals as well. As a general rule try to see both sides of the coin. Probably will not affect the outcome of your decision but atleast its something. I have no desire to lecture you in anyway and thank you for expanding my knowledge about the passport thing, glad to actually add to my deteriorating knowledge.

You mean the fact that she can hold a Pakistani passport in addition to a US passport? So now what would you like me do about Aafia? Throw rose petals at her pictures during her rallies taken out by her sister? Or should I forget the chemical weapons lab she wanted to run for al qaeda? If you can listen to her mother and sister, you should also not discount her ex husbands confessionals as well. As a general rule try to see both sides of the coin. Probably will not affect the outcome of your decision but atleast its something. I have no desire to lecture you in anyway and thank you for expanding my knowledge about the passport thing, glad to actually add to my deteriorating knowledge.

Getting worked up, are we?

We already know what you secular-liberal types think of the allegations against Aafia. I did not respond to you to change your opinion about her or the allegations against her, but to put right some of the assertions you had made in posts #20 and #49.

Seriously, was that too hard to comprehend?

whatever.....she was pakistan's responsibility...she was tortured,raped several times,-- treated like hell, forced to step on quran which she refused....these animals..these monsters treated her in such a brutal way which cannot be described in words...and shame on you for disowning her and identifying her not as Pakistani....Allah's wrath shall fall upon these transgressors,these minotaurs of labyrinth....Inshallah azwa jal:hitwall:

Getting worked up, are we?

We already know what you secular-liberal types think of the allegations against Aafia. I did not respond to you to change your opinion about her or the allegations against her, but to put right some of the assertions you had made in posts #20 and #49.

Seriously, was that too hard to comprehend?

You keep bringing up my assertions about the passport thing as it absolves her of everything she has done. If by designating me as a secular liberal type actually solves the problem than more power to you. She is an American citizen and even if we helped send a terrorist to face the music of her "Amals", I do not see anything wrong with it.

You keep bringing up my assertions about the passport thing as it absolves her of everything she has done. If by designating me as a secular liberal type actually solves the problem than more power to you. She is an American citizen and even if we helped send a terrorist to face the music of her "Amals", I do not see anything wrong with it.

That is wrong. She is a Pakistani citizen, not USA.

how sure are you that she was in fact a terrorist you and others say it with such a conviction...... the point of this thread( her sister pleading) was whatever her mistake she should serve her sentence in Pakistan

how sure are you that she was in fact a terrorist you and others say it with such a conviction...... the point of this thread( her sister pleading) was whatever her mistake she should serve her sentence in Pakistan

That can happen only if Pakistan makes the effort to reclaim custody of its own citizen formally.

Back
Top Bottom