What's new

Aafia's mom pleads for Musharraf

The continuing debate over Aafia's citizenship puzzles me. I have known this woman since she came to the United States in 1991. I have known her mother, sister, and brother for decades. She came to the United States on a student visa. After she graduated she married a Pakistani national and her visa was changed to the non-working spouse of a legal resident. This is the visa she had when she left the United States in 2002.*

It is unlikely that the United States would have granted her citizenship while they were holding her in a secret prison.*

When she was returned to New York City she was still a citizen of Pakistan. Throughout her trial she was a Pakistani citizen. In one of the more macabre moments of the sentencing hearing the judge and the prosecutor argued whether she should be subject to three years supervision or five years supervision before she could be deported after completing her eighty-six year sentence.*

I suppose it is possible that the United States grants citizenship to foreign nationals convicted of felonies while they are serving their sentences in our prisons, but that sounds odd.*

So could someone here provide me with some documentation about just when Dr. Aafia became an American citizen. Please include the date and the location. Thank you.*

The continuing debate over Aafia's citizenship puzzles me. I have known this woman since she came to the United States in 1991. I have known her mother, sister, and brother for decades. She came to the United States on a student visa. After she graduated she married a Pakistani national and her visa was changed to the non-working spouse of a legal resident. This is the visa she had when she left the United States in 2002.*

It is unlikely that the United States would have granted her citizenship while they were holding her in a secret prison.*

When she was returned to New York City she was still a citizen of Pakistan. Throughout her trial she was a Pakistani citizen. In one of the more macabre moments of the sentencing hearing the judge and the prosecutor argued whether she should be subject to three years supervision or five years supervision before she could be deported after completing her eighty-six year sentence.*

I suppose it is possible that the United States grants citizenship to foreign nationals convicted of felonies while they are serving their sentences in our prisons, but that sounds odd.*

So could someone here provide me with some documentation about just when Dr. Aafia became an American citizen. Please include the date and the location. Thank you.*

thank you very much for speaking the truth .... guys what do you say now?

Back
Top Bottom