What's new

Aafia's mom pleads for Musharraf

Not zero?!! What price do you think US will accept and what does Pakistan have to offer in that category? Exchange, say Zawahiri level Al Qaeda figure with her, may be? I don't think US will accept even such price. They would rather bomb the jail where you keep the exchange terrorist.

Stranger things have happened in the world of international diplomacy. If the price is right and national interests are served, then a deal is possible. Very unlikely, but not zero chances. For example, Dr. Afridi for Dr. Siddiqui? May be.

Isn't she also a Pakistani dual citizen? In that case, Pakistan has the right to represent her.

Interesting thing about US law on dual nationality which I came across. Though the law allows dual nationality, one has to renounce allegiance to Pakistan when they become US citizens by naturalization. Technically every Pakistani who takes up US citizenship and travels to Pakistan is a mole. :P

She is NOT an american citizen AT ALL.

Stranger things have happened in the world of international diplomacy. If the price is right and national interests are served, then a deal is possible. Very unlikely, but not zero chances. For example, Dr. Afridi for Dr. Siddiqui? May be.
Ohh yeah. I forgot about Dr. Afridi. Yeah, that could happen. Afridi has quite some fans in the US.
She is NOT an american citizen AT ALL.
Really?! @darkinsky : Where do we agree that she is American?!!

Last edited by a moderator:
are you her lawyear, try to bring proof that she is not beccause she was living for 13 years in US on a visa? from 1990-2003

I am not her lawyer Sir, but you can read the original verdict of the court here:

United States v. Siddiqui, 10-3916-cr

http://tech.mit.edu/V132/N51/siddiqui/10-3916.148.opinion.pdf

A. Offense Conduct

Around dusk on July 17, 2008, Afghan National Police (“ANP”) detained Aafia Siddiqui, a United States-educated Pakistani national, in Ghazni City, Afghanistan, on suspicion of attempting to attack the Governor of Ghazni.

The proof that you asked for is clearly there that a US Federal Court states her nationality in its verdict.

if she is pak national and not US nationl then she should be supported by pakistani govt, otherwise not, and it should be investigated what happened between 2003-2008, if she is guilty, pakistan shouldnt support her, and if she was kidnapped and mush was involved then pak government should do trial on mush for this

but one line is interesting

she was named as a courier and financier for al-Qaida by Khalid Sheikh Muhammad and was placed on a "wanted for questioning" list by the FBI

her own uncle sheikh khalid named her to the FBI, so if she was innocent why did her own uncle named her?

an innocent person simply cant be on top of FBI wanted list for no reason, i know that many non guilty people were sent to gitmo, but being on the top wanted list is a different game altogether

if she is pak national and not US nationl then she should be supported by pakistani govt, otherwise not, and it should be investigated what happened between 2003-2008, if she is guilty, pakistan shouldnt support her, and if she was kidnapped and mush was involved then pak government should do trial on mush for this

but one line is interesting

her own uncle sheikh khalid named her to the FBI, so if she was innocent why did her own uncle named her?

Pakistan spent over $2 million defending her in the case Sir. She was kidnapped from Karachi by our own people and handed over to USA, but we all know that our agencies operate above the law.

The height of ignorance is baffling.

How thing from the US media and our reckless idiotic leaders are seen as the whole truth is beyond my understanding.

Dr. Aafia was caught on suspicion. Just suspicion. There was no proof of her funding terrorism.

Pakistan spent over $2 million defending her in the case Sir. She was kidnapped from Karachi by our own people and handed over to USA, but we all know that our agencies operate above the law.

well then she was indeed guilty, if pakistan fought and lost what are you suggesting now?

Raymond Davis for Dr. Aafia would have been a superb deal, but of course, our leaders suck up to US that much and look away whenever money is involved. Give them some money or property and they'll keep quiet like dogs when they get a bone.

I am not suggesting anything. Like I said before, Dr. Siddiqui met justice.

lawl, so you are just arguing for sake of argument that musharraf spoke lie that he handed her to US, whereas you accept she met justice and was guilty, and you arnt really sure that she was kidnapped or she escaped to afghanistan to do some dirty work?

Raymond Davis for Dr. Aafia would have been a superb deal, but of course, our leaders suck up to US that much and look away whenever money is involved. Give them some money or property and they'll keep quiet like dogs when they get a bone.

Diplomacy can deliver a workable solution in very difficult circumstances, even in this case, but only if both sides engage themselves in finding it.

Back
Top Bottom