What's new

A view from Pakistan: ISIS and the U.S. look the same to me

Moral behavior is still highly associated with religious belief and participation among the U.S. population. Over 90 percent of Americans profess their belief in God. Thus, actions to liberate or protect foreign populations from despotic forces tend to be framed in terms of religion. Theocentric arguments make American foreign policy more palatable to the people. And so in every war the people are lead into, God seems to be on America's side.

Now, that doesn't sound right.

Last edited:
A claim just like "State" is a claim dear sir . I pointed out at hypocrisy of quoted member who will accept one S with popcorns but will get bamboozled on one I .
I was talking about S in context of State but as for the I it is not in context with Islam not even far fetched....esp since all they did was malign Islam ...

I was talking about S in context of State but as for the I it is not in context with Islam not even far fetched....esp since all they did was malign Islam ...

And the show beings !! .

Have you seen their map?

It's hilarious :omghaha:

I dont read a thing abt them...Those bastards have maligned Islam for attention and i aint gonna give it to them

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." - Sun Tzu in The Art of War.

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." - Sun Tzu in The Art of War.
I am in no battle and I need not know how to malign a religion from them...we have plentiful other sources running the same "battle"

I am in no battle and I need not know how to malign a religion from them...we have plentiful other sources running the same "battle"

We need to realize that this battle involves all of us and the outcome will affect our lives for better or worse very drastically, whether we participate in it or not.

We need to realize that this battle involves all of us and the outcome will affect our lives for better or worse very drastically, whether we participate in it or not.
Nope...It will only effect us if we keep giving them attention (media does it soo well...keeps calling them Muslim and making them happy instead of calling them Kafir and giving them a heart attack) ...Scholars have already said what they are doing is not related to Islam yet media wants to insist and agree with these ISIS and keep feeding their ego instead of popping their bubble and making them wake up by repeating what "renown" scholars have to say about them THAT TOO with references from Quran and Hadith!

Nope...It will only effect us if we keep giving them attention (media does it soo well...keeps calling them Muslim and making them happy instead of calling them Kafir and giving them a heart attack) ...Scholars have already said what they are doing is not related to Islam yet media wants to insist and agree with these ISIS and keep feeding their ego instead of popping their bubble and making them wake up by repeating what "renown" scholars have to say about them THAT TOO with references from Quran and Hadith!

So the thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of families affected across several countries is still not enough of an effect to get us to do something? Popping bubbles by quoting religious texts will not be enough this time. As Mr. Candie said to Django and Dr. Schultz, "Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention."

Very well written article. I think the writer has put the point of view very comprehensively.

I too dont see much of a difference between ISIS and America. Both want to impose their 'religion'.

I too dont see much of a difference between ISIS and America. Both want to impose their 'religion'.

Life in the "Islamic State"...

8-christians-murdered-by-isis-tweet-1.jpg

Life in the American State...
488614577.jpg

Oh yeah, almost identical. :cuckoo:

So the thousands of deaths and hundreds of thousands of families affected across several countries is still not enough of an effect to get us to do something? Popping bubbles by quoting religious texts will not be enough this time. As Mr. Candie said to Django and Dr. Schultz, "Gentlemen, you had my curiosity. But now you have my attention."
And how is media bashing Islam and agreeing with what ISIS is wanting (maligning Islam) helpful?

And how is media bashing Islam and agreeing with what ISIS is wanting (maligning Islam) helpful?

The media is only covering what is happening, and this includes atrocities being committed by ISIS in the name of Islam, and the silence of the majority of Muslims to speak out against them.

The media is only covering what is happening, and this includes atrocities being committed by ISIS in the name of Islam, and the silence of the majority of Muslims to speak out against them.
And whats the research and analysis wing of media doing? :pop:

They out cold?

Shouldnt they be criticizing whats happening in the name of Islam (if they have done their research that is)

And why wasnt the news of various scholars and independent clerics saying ISIS is nothing to do with ISLAM not being broadcast over and over like it was for ISIS beheading people or BOKO HARAM with the girls?

Back
Top Bottom