A True Soldier!!

Levina

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
A True Soldier!!

G1B.jpg

After getting freedom, a meeting was organized to select the first General of Indian Army.
Jawahar Lal Nehru was heading that meeting.
Leaders and Army officers were discussing to whom this responsibility should be given.

In between the discussion Nehru said, "I think we should appoint a British officer as a General of Indian Army as we don't have enough experience to lead the same."Everybody supported Nehru because if the PM was suggesting something, how can they not agree?

But one of the army officers abruptly said, "I have a point, sir."

Nehru said, "Yes, gentleman. You are free to speak."

He said ,"You see, sir, we don't have enough experience to lead a nation too, so shouldn't we appoint a British person as first PM of India?"

The meeting hall suddenly went quiet.

Then, Nehru said, "Are you ready to be the first General of Indian Army?
He got a golden chance to accept the offer but he refused the same and said, "Sir, we have a very talented army officer, my senior, Lt Gen Cariappa, who is the most deserving among us."

The army officer who raised his voice against the PM was Lt. General Nathu Singh Rathore, the first Lt General of the Indian Army.

If only a few hundred of Selfless leaders come forward, they can change the image of Armed Forces.

Hats off to such men!!

Jai Hind

A True Soldier!! · Causes

@mods please move the thread to a more appropriate forum if this is not the right forum to post it.

A True Soldier!!

G1B.jpg

After getting freedom, a meeting was organized to select the first General of Indian Army.
Leaders and Army officers were discussing to whom this responsibility should be given.

In between the discussion Nehru said, "I think we should appoint a British officer as a General of Indian Army as we don't have enough experience to lead the same."Everybody supported Nehru because if the PM was suggesting something, how can they not agree?

He said ,"You see, sir, we don't have enough experience to lead a nation too, so shouldn't we appoint a British person as first PM of India?"

He got a golden chance to accept the offer but he refused the same and said, "Sir, we have a very talented army officer, my senior, Lt Gen Cariappa, who is the most deserving among us."

The army officer who raised his voice against the PM was Lt. General Nathu Singh Rathore, the first Lt General of the Indian Army.

If only a few hundred of Selfless leaders come forward, they can change the image of Armed Forces.

Hats off to such men!!

Jai Hind

@mods please move the thread to a more appropriate forum if this is not the right forum to post it.

It is hard to speak truth and contradict to opinions of your superiors.

He did his duty and made sure no wrong decision is taken.

A True Soldier!!

G1B.jpg

Hats off to such men!!

Jai Hind

Unfortunately the first Prime Minister of independent and democratic India was selected in a very undemocratic & controversial manner, and the country paid the price.

By the way our current democracy is "Nehruvian" in nature ;) . I condensed as much i could in a single statement .

Those who blame Nehru for the subsequent actions of Congress are blinded.

Nehru in himself was a good Prime Minister of India. His positive aspects became India's positive characteristics. His flaws became institutionalized as our weaknesses. Sure, he made mistakes - big ones, but he took some big good decisions as well.

One must always take a holistic picture - the bad with the good.

Nehru was a brilliant academic. and that is it. He thought he is gonna make India bythebook-forthepeople-fromtheworld.

He was not practical enough. Practicals and theory are two different periods in school.

Those who blame Nehru for the subsequent actions of Congress are blinded.

Nehru in himself was a good Prime Minister of India. His positive aspects became India's positive characteristics. His flaws became institutionalized as our weaknesses. Sure, he made mistakes - big ones, but he took some big good decisions as well.

One must always take a holistic picture - the bad with the good.
No doubt!!!
Albeit when we look back at history some of Nehru's decisions look ludicrous .
But it was Nehru's no interference policy which helped India gain the name of a neutral country.

Nehru gave our land to our enemies on silver plate, what will happen if papu become pm :tsk:

Since all are sharing Nehru's pics here............!! :)

This one is probably the most controversial one.

hqdefault.jpg

He was a colourful personality!!

hqdefault.jpg

And this one was epic!!

60515-1.png

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom