What's new

A Statue for A Pakistani Punjabi Hero.....Porus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think, this Poros fellow belongs as much to India as Asoka or Buddha belong to Pakistan because these lands of ours were considered, more or less, as one body even if there wasn't any unity between the different Maharajas or Rajas of the Indian Sub-continent, hence the term 'Sub-continent', and we as its successor states can and should claim pride in each and everyone of these civilizations. I am proud of Shershah Suri for the GT road and the vision of what a good, traveler friendly road network should look like but I'm equally proud of Asoka for his concepts of what an egalitarian society in the context of those times, could be.

Very nice argument. Fully concur with you

Boy!... I never knew there would be so much clamour for king Purushottama in Pakistan..! :blink:

IMO it's a great initiative if carried out without twisting facts.

there is not much room for twisting facts. Alexander won in the end but the sons of Punjab fought valiantly.
the anti elephant tactics of Alexader's army proved to be a turning point.

Calling Porus Pakistani is twisting facts.

yea I know what you are saying and that I will agree with.
tell me what do you suggest?

this is why I didnt say Pakistani :) but called him Punjabi
I hope you got no issues there? ;)

there is not much room for twisting facts. Alexander won in the end but the sons of Punjab fought valiantly.

Yeah.. but his generals did suffer massive defeat at Purushottama's hands first until Alexander had to come himself for the king.... only to be thrashed and kicked out by emperor Maurya. :lol:

So much for Alexander "the great". Since Western civilization (which traces its political pride to ancient Greece) couldn't accept Alexander's defeat at the hand of an Indian emperor, they twisted history again. Alexander was as great as the scores of kings and princes that fought and lost.

yea I know what you are saying and that I will agree with.
tell me what do you suggest?

this is why I didnt say Pakistani :) but called him Punjabi
I hope you got no issues there? ;)

Can we call Ashoka a Bihari then? :/

Porus and his troops came from the land of Pakistan, his descendants and the soldiers are Pakistani, hence Porus Pakistani Punjabi :pakistan:

Porus and his troops came from the land of Pakistan, his descendants and the soldiers are Pakistani, hence Porus Pakistani Punjabi :pakistan:

I doubt he will call himself pakistani or even punjabi !!!
Let the history be history..... I personaly will say that an indian has much rights over him, as much as a pakistani has !!!

There's plenty of room for questioning the Greek version of the story. Every time Alexander won a battle, he would loot their cities and cause massive devastation. This tended to happen more so if they had provided resistance. Take for example the massacre at Maskavati (after a difficult siege and battle, Alexander allowed the mercenaries inside the city to leave the city unharmed as part of the terms of surrender. Once they were outside the city, he had his forces attack them and they killed every one of the mercenaries including their wives and children. He then enslaved the entire population of the city).

Considering that Paurava remained in control of his kingdom and Alexander did not receive any logistical assistance from him, it's far more likely that the battle ended in a peace treaty, rather than a surrender.

As for anti-elephant tactics, we're talking about only 130 elephants, probably unarmored. After all Paurava was a minor king. All the Western so called "anti-elephant tactics" would have failed miserably against an army possessing thousands of elephants, as was the case with major Indian armies.

^ yes the supposed victory of Alex over purus has been questioned by many, we have a thread in this forum with some excellent posts, lemme find out.

by that logic many pakistanis who were born in india should be indians but they are not :)
i can bet that king puru would have chosen india over pakistan if he was alive in 1947
India.gif

by that logic many pakistanis who were born in india should be indians but they are not :)
i can bet that king puru would have chosen india over pakistan if he was alive in 1947
India.gif

If he was alive - he would go with his children, and the children of his soldiers, not foreigners like indians. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 AM ----------

Blood is thicker than water.

Firdousi the persian poet writes tht it was actually Porus who won the war thts why he latter also controlled the taxila kingdom.... while greeks lie...and why wouldnt theey to save their pride?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom