What's new

A Statue for A Pakistani Punjabi Hero.....Porus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ancient Hindu temple (Katasraj Temple) in Pakistan:

Pool_at_Katas.jpg

This is also part of our heritage :) It is part of the Pakistani people's Virsa. It is on the Salt Range near Chakwal - it is not far from us, and I have actually seen that site, very spiritual place :)

Chakwal district borders the districts of Rawalpindi and Attock in the north, Jhelum in the east, Khushab in the south and Mianwali in the west. The total area of Chakwal district is 6,609 square kilometres, which is equivalent to 1,652,443 acres (6,687.20 km2).
The southern portion runs up into the Salt Range, and includes the Chail peak, 3,701 feet (1,128 m) above the sea, the highest point in the District. Between this and the Sohan river, which follows more or less the northern boundary, the country consists of what was once a fairly level plain, sloping down from 2,000 feet (610 m) at the foot of the hills to 1,400 feet (430 m) in the neighbourhood of the Sohan ; but the surface is now much cut up by ravines and is very difficult to travel over[5].
Lying at the beginning of the Potohar plateau and the Salt Range, Chakwal is a barani district and the terrain is mainly hilly, covered with scrub forest in the southwest, and levelled plains interspaced with dry rocky patches in the north and northeast.

Languages

Punjabi is the native language of majority of the people of district.Other languages spoken are Hindko, Potohari and Urdu.

[edit]Major tribes

The tribes, clans and castes that inhabit this area are the Awans, [Salaars],[maliks],(Kahout Quresh)[Khokhar] most of them resident in Dab and Bhatti Gujjar Village,[Qazis] most of them resident in Nachindi village [Chodree] Jats (the main clans being the Khoti, Khingar, Gondal and Mekan), Bhutta, Rajputs to include Janjua, Mair Minhas, Chohan, Bhatti, Jalap & Khiwa,others are Kahuts, Mughal Kassar, Pathans, Gujars, Syeds of Chak Misri, Maliars, Kashmiris and the Punjabi Sheikhs (including the famous Sahgal family). (Tehsil Chakwal Kahout Quresh Mair Minhas,and Mughal Kassar are Major Tribe. Talagang Tehsil is almost entirely inhabited by the Awan tribe, with just a few villages of Bhatti Rajputs. Kahout, Mughal,Minhas.
The physical features of the district, its tribes, its society and its economy all combine to make Chakwal one of the main recruiting areas for the Pakistan Army and the Pakistan Air Force. Main occupation of the people are Mining. Transport and poultry business also contributes imperatively towards the revenues of the district.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most people of the district prefer to join armed forces like Pakistan Army, Pakistan Navy and Pakistan Air Force. Chakwal has the highest proportion of it population serving in the Armed forces of Pakistan.

m8 you have not given the names of kingdoms that existed in the region that is now pakistan and their geographical area since you say their culture was distinct from others in the region and dont get what problem yopu have if he was a hindu

Buddhist Artefact's are more plentiful in Pakistan than Hindu artefact's - which suggests a higher prevalence for that faith - I do find the Buddhist philosophy a quite good way of life, whereas Hinduism is simply too archaic and baffling for me to understand.

Big Hindu temple of Sindh and punjab that time were famous for their wealth and precious artefact's.

They were destroyed and their treasure looted by Muslim invaders like Mahmud of Ghazni and many others.

Thats why, not just pakistan the whole of north india has not a single temple left that dates back before 1500AD .

So its not big puzzle why one doesn't find many ancient Hindu temple in Pakistan.They had been destroyed and razed to the ground.

Big Hindu temple of Sindh and punjab that time were famous for their wealth and precious artefact's.

They were destroyed and their treasure looted by Muslim invaders like Mahmud of Ghazni and many others.

Thats why, not just pakistan the whole of north india has not a single temple left that dates back before 1500AD .

So its not big puzzle why one doesn't find many ancient Hindu temple in Pakistan.They had been destroyed and razed to the ground.

Yeah - but that does not explain why their are Buddhist stupa's and temples all around Pakistan, that have survived, in fact even the local word for idol "Budh" comes from statues depicting the Buddha.

It is more anecdotal evidence that the region was largely Buddhist - before the Sufi Missionary drive converted the majority to Islam.

Why not a statue for another Pakistani Punjabi hero - Maharaja Ranjit Singh?

Maharaja%252520Ranjit%252520SIngh%252520Ji%2525202%252520copy.gif

He is more of a controversial character - in the way he treated some people.

My ancestral family village is in Jhelum - close to the site of the historical battle of Hydaspes River with Alexander the Great, our Jatt village is known for producing Warriors for generations, we have oral tradition of fighting in the battle against Alexander, right up to the modern day, when we send our sons and daughters to fight for the Pakistani Armed Forces.

To cut a long story short, our village is thinking of erecting two statues and a monument to Alexander and Porus. To pay tribute to the two great warriors of their times, one a Greek Macedonian and the other a Pakistani Punjabi

It is a shame that their is no significant monument to this ancient battle.:pakistan:

Great work.

Punjabis are known as best managers, administrators and fighters in work. Like it.

Look, it was my fault for choosing to argue with you about history of Punjab. I'm not going to compromise with you about my identity and history. History of Punjab belongs to Punjabis. Not to the whole subcontinent. It's like saying the history of Persians belongs to the whole Middle East.

Take pride in south indian history - Your true history.
sir please stop this bullshit ....

bro i think u have great respect for your imperial masters...Winston Churchill say lot of nasty things against islam ........do u agree with him
You know what india is the fake country, this is what old Winston thinks about that mythical state

India is a geographical term. It is no more a united nation than the Equator.
Winston Churchill

Maharaja Ranjit Singh was the only king of punjab who gave great respect to punjabi muslam before that all rulers like mughals afghans and arab don't give a damn to punjabi muslam all my pakaistani friends including those who claim to be direct generation of Porus and manga name me a single punjabi muslam who got a powerful administrator post under mughals afghans and arab rulers
Why not a statue for another Pakistani Punjabi hero - Maharaja Ranjit Singh?

Maharaja%252520Ranjit%252520SIngh%252520Ji%2525202%252520copy.gif

Regarding the IVC there are strong indications it was not Hindu - the houses are not separated due to caste, there are no temples, and many beef bones have been found showing signs of human consumption.

you have to understand that hindu religion is not asssociated with castes during its inception!!! Its world oldest with no date of starting !!!
The caste was assigned to people doing different kind of works and it was not by birth, but by business !!!
If i do pooja to gods i was called a brahmin, and if i became a soldier i was called kshatriya , it was so simple like that !!
But as generations went by, caste systems became rigid and became birth to this day( my generation will try to wipe this evil away) !!!
So and u said houses were not seperated, even during the guptas, nandas, cholas period houses were not build on caste lines to this day !!!
We dont have appartheid regime in india rafi !!!
ur response have no meaning sir !!!
Just lower down ur ego and accept the fact that all ur anchestors were hindus as this was the one religion that dominated ASIA before islam came !!!

Yeah - but that does not explain why their are Buddhist stupa's and temples all around Pakistan, that have survived, in fact even the local word for idol "Budh" comes from statues depicting the Buddha.

It is more anecdotal evidence that the region was largely Buddhist - before the Sufi Missionary drive converted the majority to Islam.

There are a lot of buddhist stupas in india !!!
Even in 6-8th century south india became vastly buddhist and jainist !!!
However Raja raja, the great and Rajendra chola who were staunch shivaites, revived hinduism by building large temples
The tanjore big temple is an example !!!
And many artefacts are present but not maintained properly by ASI so many dont even know about the maany number of buddhist temples and stupas present !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom