What's new

A Shocking Experiment In a Lack of Humanity... South Asia

Major Sam

STAFF
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
(Please note that this is only an act and the blood is not real). To our audience in India, please tell us this is not true. How could there be such a lack of humanity in such a beautiful culture? Could anybody please explain how this is possible? Is the actor well known? Could all of these people have known it was not real? Or are these statistics in this video the truth? Only 1% (or lessthan) of people passing would stop and help a dying victim?? It does not seem possible from our perspective so we need clarification on the accuracy of this claim. Please shed light on this lack humanity and what has transpired in this video. Also could anybody translate (in summary) what the actor says from 3:50 onwards? This is simply unfathomable. Great job to Actor Varun Pruthi who made this video.

Few Comments:

Gurpreet KaurMichelle Patricia Lynn - he was saying it is such a shame that you guys are all standing and watching me die instead of taking me to the hospital. If the girl who got rapped on 16th December was not thrown out of the bus she would not have suffered so much. Shame on you guys..no one helped but all watched me dying. And this is what he said repeatedly.

Preeti PhalkeThis attitude has developed over a number of yrs after having gone through a lot of misery and redtape. Noone in India wants to get involved in legal issues coz that means getting churned for no reason. Perhaps also a lack of sensitivity towards suffering and crime which has given criminals the audacity to do more shit. Its sad buts absolutely the truth. The incident they recreated in the video is a shame for the entire nation and a wake up call!

Yet do not judge India from outside. There are a large number of people who are indeed helpful and make it worth living here.

Akshai Daniel KolaganiI feel really sorry to live in a society like this. Yes, the video shows the reality here in India. All the beautiful culture of India is only a dream. Forget the people on the road. As a medical doctor I face a very difficult situation.. To convince blood relatives to give a unit of blood to save their own patient's life. They would rather 'buy' (even though its illegal) blood from a stranger than donate their own. I feel very sorry while I text this comment.. Thanks for the video n thanks for asking a translation..

Amy Jean-Anne GrauThis is so true...I saw a young man set on fire..and ran down two flights of stairs and out the front door, no one had come to help him at least 50 people watched him burning. I ran to him removed what was left of his shirt and put out his hair with my hands. I checked him over he had minor burns on his back, neck. his hands where burnt and blistered badly. I held him up until the ambulance and police came. A man covered him with his coat because he was going into shock. I was so disturbed that no one came to his aid right away. I came to learn that people do 1 of four things.#1, they stand like a dear in the headlights trying to process what they are seeing and are paralyzed with fear.Then they act with what they can, calling police and ambulance when asked. #2 their brain weighs the consequences of what will happen if they get involved, fear.# 3, They are too busy with their own schedule and think someone else will act, or just don't care.#4 those like my self , who act first then when over will first feel glad they helped, then be terrified at what happened after it sinks in. I was most disturbed that no one came to his aid , in my counseling these are are the human conditions i learned. I'm in British Columbia Canada.

Its so true in our part of world... Slap on the face of humanity and call our self human beings...

I am feelings really bad. its so true...

@Secur @Aeronaute @OrionHunter

I am sure such a culture is prevalent all over the sub continent . i do know there are quiet a few vid out there about the "compassion "shown in china.
It has more to do with people not wanting to get involved, mainly due the the harassment you face by the cops after you do help someone. the cops make it look like its your fault , just to extort some cash from you . I know this is bad but its reality here.

I am sure such a culture is prevalent all over the sub continent . i do know there are quiet a few vid out there about the "compassion "shown in china.
It has more to do with people not wanting to get involved, mainly due the the harassment you face by the cops after you do help someone. the cops make it look like its your fault , just to extort some cash from you . I know this is bad but its reality here.

Human life is cheap ... what to talk of self esteem !

Look at the way this world treats us.

We have the most fertile lands in the world, and we are the hardest working of all.

Yet we are worth nothing more than brownies !

Until we learn to respect ourselves, and respect another like us this shall remain our fate.

He says - "Aap sabpe lanaat hain, Tv cameray lagay huay hain wahaan pain...sab mard bante hain yeh hamari India mein, par sab pe lanaat hain, yehi jagah pe do bacche ko marke fek diye gaye, ek ko rape kiya gaya, koi bachane nahi aya, fir bhi mard bante hain. Camera hata lo, etc etc, mujhe kuch nahi hua, acting kar raha tha, thoda sharm kar liya karo, aapke bhai behen bhi ho sakte hain raste pe, koi madad nehi karega...yeh India hain na - yer mar chuka hain..."

Seen this before. They make other similar videos as well - you can check out other Indian Youtube groups who do similar social experiments. A google search will help you find them. Unfortunately I don't have the answers you seek.

sad . but true. We Indians are shameless. :mad: Specially in Delhi.

IMO the actor did this to gain popularity, see his facebook page and youtube being plugged at the end :) It seems bashing society is a good way to become popular.

India has the lowest "humanity rate"....lol? is that something he came up with? If someone else has heard of it, pls link ty! Has he conducted similar experiments in other places to say India has the lowest?

In the other social experiment thread (they play a tape of a woman screaming for help inside a car) the humanity rate was above 50% :lol:

These social experiments might prevent other people from helping if there was genuinely a real case.

This is hilariously stupid , i have often seen people help injured or the dying several times in my life that's like upto 90% and at i have been involved in helping people in several instances , only once have i seen people stare at a dying person . This is a rather one sided concocted social experiment to show a country in a bad light . Apparently social experiments are only successful if the experiments humanity rating is bad :lol:

There are more reasons than the obvious ones. Police in our countries are corrupt and will try to frame in the people who try to help. Plenty of criminals fake situations like these to scam / rob people.

The other day, I got chatting with a food delivery guy. He told me about a time he got robbed off his phone and wallet. He was riding to deliver food. A kid pretending to be injured requested him to drop him around the street. When he got there, 4 guys approached him swiftly, two with pistols in their hands, calmly asked him to hand over his phone and wallet, and then they left. They didn't even take the food.

Its so true in our part of world... Slap on the face of humanity and call our self human beings...
I am feelings really bad. its so true...

@Secur @Aeronaute @OrionHunter

It's not only an Indian phenomenon. The world in general is losing the essence of humanity. Look what's happening around the world - from America to the middle East, Africa to Asia - rapes, torture, murders, mass killings, wars and so on. We are degenerating as a race. Love for fellow humans is fast becoming a thing of the past. We just care no more.

But there's hope too. There are any number of stories that makes one think that all is not lost - at least not yet.

Nevertheless, it's going to be a long grind back to humanism, unless of course, there is divine intervention. But I think it will get a lot worse before it starts getting better.

sad . but true. We Indians are shameless. :mad: Specially in Delhi.
Hey mate, good to see you back.
On topic, human beings are in excess in the subcontinent, there is a tendency to ignore excess beings/things. Am sure if the same experiment is done in Darjeeling, Gangtok or in himachal etc results will be different. How human we are also depends on the universe that surrounds us.

Back
Top Bottom