What's new

A question to all indian members

Who is your best ally

• Total voters
@ to all indian members

I know its a bit stupid question but still if you guys have to choose between Russia and USA then who will you guys gonna choose as your best ally.
Russia based on history. But only narrowly. I would really not choose either. Whenever you are depending on a stronger country, you are opening your country for meddling by them. Russia meddled in Indian politics, and supported Indira Gandhi's government. Cash transfers by KGB to Sanjay Gandhi are well reported, and it was Russian backing that allowed Indian politics' darkest hour - the Emergency - to happen. Similarly in Pakistan, do you really think US help has actually helped Pakistan? Actually, let me go forward and say this I would have chosen China, considering how much it has done for Pakistan.

We are signatory of NAM. So no ally only good partners.. And in that case Russia is a good strategic partner.

@ to all indian members

I know its a bit stupid question but still if you guys have to choose between Russia and USA then who will you guys gonna choose as your best ally.

Neither. In any confrontation b/w US and Russia. We would silently watch and urge them to resolve their issues through talks.. Other than that we wouldn't get involved too much in that mess.

@ to all indian members

We would chose India

We are our best ally . We focus upon ourselves, work on our economy , improve our social structure & industry, create jobs - Russia & USA then come to us instead of us reaching out to them.

We have the money to spend, they need to sell.

Their is no permanent ally.Only permanent interests.
In past it was Russia .In near future that interests would remain as Russia.

Neither. No allies, only partners in areas of mutual interest and benefits.

The American people are good, but the American government is bad. The American government's policy is world domination. The American government wants military bases all over the world. I have family members who are Americans, yet I do not like the US. I vote Russia.

Last edited:
@ to all indian members

There is no question about whom we prefer, because Russia has not only proven to be a trusted partner, but also by selling, leasing and diverting arms and techs like no other country. Add the fact that we have politically far more in common with Russia that with the US, then you know that there is only once choice.
The US only came into the game over the past few years and they have a long way to prove themselfs to be a reliable friend of India. We might have a common strategic objective in the IOR, or to counter the Chinese threat in general, as well as the economic potential that both countries offer if relations improve, but it takes much more effort from the US side to take them seriously. Till that happens, we happily take any advantage they offer to us (nuclear pact, getting US allies like Japan and Australia closer to us, US arms in smaller numbers, permanent UNC seat support if that's really on the table), but India won't make itself dependent on them, or leave the Russians left behind.

I would not chose either though history suggests Russia ......

why Pakistan is not on the list ? :feminist:
Pakistan is not an ally but an unruly brother.

crying-obama.png

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom