What's new

A question to all Indian members regarding Indo-Pak water teaty

Funny, got anymore invective laced sentences to throw about? Here's a hint, you're wrong, the information you quoted is outdated. Now you are more than welcome to continue with your bellyaching till some mod decided to kill this thread.

Oh a militant Indian, me like! Taken possession of the Togadia scepter have we, going to anoint the faithful and the undeserving hunh?

Lets be clear on this before i get banned and this thread deleted. I asked a simple suggestion if something was feasible. You and your like wasted this thread. But i will come again and i know that you will recognize me even in some different avtar. Lots of things to settle beta ! :azn:

You're right. Those are 155 mm. guys. This 'situation' needs a properly aimed 2" mortar. Messy stuff.

------------------

Lets be clear on this before i get banned and this thread deleted. I asked a simple suggestion if something was feasible. You and your like wasted this thread. But i will come again and i know that you will recognize me even in some different avtar. Lots of things to settle beta ! :azn:

Maa chuda bangali commi bhosadchod !

Rest assured you will come back a gelding.

Maa chuda bangali commi bhosadchod !

So now we've become a suicide troll and we also happen to have a penchant for abusing our betters. Your likes could never serve for the good of my nation, your blatant idiocy would sink it faster than your logic divorced posts sank.

Rest assured you will come back a gelding.

Whatever be but its "The Thing" will be big enough to give pain in your ***.

So now we've become a suicide troll and we also happen to have a penchant for abusing our betters. Your likes could never serve for the good of my nation, your blatant idiocy would sink it faster than your logic divorced posts sank.

And your arrogant hypocrisy will do much harm than mine. !

-----------------

That's a young and strapping French Foreign Legion fellow, vehemently disagreeing with you as his soft and rather effeminate French instructor buries him neck deep into what can only be the hidden mouth of a sleeping baby sarlac.

Is he French ? :what:

I thought most of the FFL recruits were non-French & that even if you were French you had to give up your Nationality & register under an assumed name !

No.

Those years I was too fascinated by horses to pay attention to anything else. A wild cocktail - dressage, polo, tent-pegging. We beat Rupi Brar at tent-pegging the year before he won it in one of the Asiads. Polo was Stuart Cup and mud polo, never got to play a high-handicap game largely because I never was high handicapped. I saw the 1961 Centenary Gold Cup finals, where Calcutta Polo Club beat Ratanada Wanderers, with the legendary Hanut and his two sons in the team, thanks to Brigadier Hesky Baig, who was a legendary Pakistani player himself. Any old-timer in the PA can tell you about him. And I won dressage two years, not running.

Impressive.....most impressive ! :agree:

So when are you coming to Pakistan & play at the Polo Ground at Shandur Top, with me ? :D

unlike "some" pakistani and chinese who always brag about using their nukes over india and feel nothing but bling hatered for india.i feel very happy seeing so many sane indian posters on this thread ..kudos..afterall we're indians:cheers:

I thought most of the FFL recruits were non-French & that even if you were French you had to give up your Nationality & register under an assumed name !

He ain't, his instructor is.

They get good fellows to come down to teach them from the mother country.

Whoever the poor sap is, I feel for him.

Impressive.....most impressive ! :agree:

So when are you coming to Pakistan & play at the Polo Ground at Shandur Top, with me ? :D

My playing weight was 74; I'm 103 now. Elephant polo for me.

Shandur Top is something I'm dying to see.

WHo says there is nothing left. 80% of water goes into Pakistan and then wasted.

1.Provide source for 80% figure.The figure is bound to be substantial but i am interested in source.

2.Water that flows into the ocean is not waste.It has many practical purpose,the reason i asked what is your definition regarding your unused water.

a. It is important for river ecology
b. It is important for fisheries
c. It is important as Salt water would intrude in riverine areas.
d. It is important as the fall in fresh water in underground aquifers is compensated by sea water thus destroying fresh water source.
e. It destroys deltaic ecosystems.
f. It increases biological oxygen demand along the river length.

Now for your original query as to IWT, Read it first (or at least it's summary)

India has full right over use of water Ravi,Beas and satluj and pakistan over Indus,Jhelum and Chenab.

And now answering your what if Indus water treaty is nullified query

"Assume IWT is nullified"

In this case assess what could be done with each and every river.

1. Indus

This river originates in Tibet and flows in India between Ladakh and Zaskar range.Its major tributaries are Shyok and zaskar in India.It flows through an mountainous cold desert where nothing grows and we cannot exploit it in any manner except for that of hydropower.

2. Jhelum

Originates in India and have kishenganga as major tributary.

This river flows between pir panjal and zaskar range.It's flow could not be diverted because of Pir panjal range and could not be utilised locally as

a. Kashmir does not have high cultivable area.
b.It has temperate climate thus it's agriculture is mainly oriented towards horticulture

3.Chenab

It flows for some part between zaskar and pir panjal range and for some distance in jammu.

It's main tributary is tawi river.

These are the three rivers for which pakistan has a right to use water.The only river we could theoretically exploit even after withdrawing from IWT is tawi river and to some extent chenab.

For lower river we have the right to use them anyway we want and we are using them also.

Punjab and Haryana comes under arid area and after utilizing water for their use there is nothing left to spare.

Please don't confuse him with facts.

Had already typed this post so couldn't let it go waste.

How did you know Joe. Have tried to lift it up any time. Looks got a lot inspired by *****.

I'm a horseman, unlike you (Lipizzaners are used for haute ecole dressage). Also we used to breed horses. And geld some of them.

1.Provide source for 80% figure.The figure is bound to be substantial but i am interested in source.

2.Water that flows into the ocean is not waste.It has many practical purpose,the reason i asked what is your definition regarding your unused water.

d. It is important as the fall in fresh water in underground aquifers is compensated by sea water thus destroying fresh water source.

India has full right over use of water Ravi,Beas and satluj and pakistan over Indus,Jhelum and Chenab.

1. Indus

This river originates in Tibet and flows in India between Ladakh and Zaskar range.Its major tributaries are Shyok and zaskar in India.It flows through an mountainous cold desert where nothing grows and we cannot exploit it in any manner except for that of hydropower.

2. Jhelum

This river flows between pir panjal and zaskar range.It's flow could not be diverted because of Pir panjal range and could not be utilised locally as

b.It has temperate climate thus it's agriculture is mainly oriented towards horticulture

3.Chenab

It flows for some part between zaskar and pir panjal range and for some distance in jammu.

These are the three rivers for which pakistan has a right to use water.The only river we could theoretically exploit even after withdrawing from IWT is tawi river and to some extent chenab.

For lower river we have the right to use them anyway we want and we are using them also.

Punjab and Haryana comes under arid area and after utilizing water for their use there is nothing left to spare.

BRILLIANT post.

Salut.

I'm a horseman, unlike you (Lipizzaners are used for haute ecole dressage). Also we used to breed horses. And geld some of them.

I pity the poor horse then ... With your size which you just stated above (103).

1. Indus

2. Jhelum

3.Chenab

Had already typed this post so couldn't let it go waste.

---------------------

My playing weight was 74; I'm 103 now. Elephant polo for me.

Shandur Top is something I'm dying to see.

I'm 103 too - But I can bench press nearly 90 kg & squat nearly 135 kg so - :D

Unfortunately I've never played Polo, the last time I sat on a Horse was way back when I was 10-12 & the Horse along with the Horse handler gave me a ride in Liberty Market, Lahore slowly making the Horse gallop on the granite/concrete road when I, for god-knows what reason, kicked the horse the way I saw Indiana Jones doing & it galloped hard, before I pulled its reigns & it fell down because it slipped - Apparently they wear metal shoes....I had always thought that they'd have some kind of rubber attached to those Horse-Shoes ! :undecided:

Thankfully I escaped with a few cuts & bruises whilst the Horse suffered scrapped knees ! I wasn't so lucky afterwards when my Dad heard what had happened - Bohat zoooor ka chamataaa maraa thaaa Abu nei ! :cray:

Back
Top Bottom