What's new

A question to all Indian members regarding Indo-Pak water teaty

And another point which opening posters completely ignore is that.........

What would we achieve by breaking IWT?

Assuming there is no water treaty,even then we won't be able to utilize full flow of jhelum and no flow of Indus as they flow in Kashmir valley and Ladakh.

Kashmir valley is 80 X 50 Km in dimension.It does not require a whole lot of water for consumption and ladakh is a hilly barren cold desert.We simply cannot utilize water of Indus and Jhelum for irrigation.

And diverting water across pir panjal and Zaskar range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:Good luck with that.:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

We could always use this fellow's hard and impenetrable head to plow the diversion channels across mountains. :agree:

You don't trust your brother, here I am doing just what Joe's doing and yet you don't trust me! :cry: I won't feed you to any animal yaara, Me and @Hyperion will just be finding comfortable accommodations for you..you know for your own safety....far far away from any poor saps you may sway with your words. :D

I think you can trust @Dillinger. After all, he's a straight shooter! :guns::guns:

You don't trust your brother, here I am doing just what Joe's doing and yet you don't trust me! :cry: I won't feed you to any animal yaara, Me and @Hyperion will just be finding comfortable accommodations for you..you know for your own safety....far far away from any poor saps you may sway with your words. :D

I think you can trust @Dillinger. After all, he's a straight shooter! :guns::guns:

Last edited by a moderator:
And another point which opening posters completely ignore is that.........

What would we achieve by breaking IWT?

Assuming there is no water treaty,even then we won't be able to utilize full flow of jhelum and no flow of Indus as they flow in Kashmir valley and Ladakh.

Kashmir valley is 80 X 50 Km in dimension.It does not require a whole lot of water for consumption and ladakh is a hilly barren cold desert.We simply cannot utilize water of Indus and Jhelum for irrigation.

And diverting water across pir panjal and Zaskar range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:Good luck with that.:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

You should have read my post once before blaming. I never said anything about upper riparian rivers. They are impossible to divert. I am saying about rivers in Punjab which are termed as Indian rivers according to the treaty.

Brandy.

You forgot the Remy Martin XO Challenge in small snifters.

If you are observant, you can have Colombian coffee instead.

How about a glass of Chardonnay instead ? :what:

I just mentioned golf for the sake of mentioning an activity otherwise I'd rather we play Rugby, young man ! :D

Golf is such a sissy sport for old guys who need to kill time - We're not like that....are we, Joe ? :azn:

Coffee sounds nice ! :agree:

But I'm more of an Earl Grey kinda of a person - Twinnings has a very nice taste to it ! :)

How about a glass of Chardonnay instead ? :what:

I just mentioned golf for the sake of mentioning an activity otherwise I'd rather we play Rugby, young man ! :D

Golf is such a sissy sport for old guys who need to kill time - We're not like that....are we, Joe ? :azn:

Coffee sounds nice ! :agree:

But I'm more of an Earl Grey kinda of a person - Twinnings has a very nice taste to it ! :)

Depends on the time of day, I'd say. However, I'm a Riesling man myself.

Also, re rugger, you do recall I'm from La Martiniere.

You should have read my post once before blaming. I never said anything about upper riparian rivers. They are impossible to divert. I am saying about rivers in Punjab which are termed as Indian rivers according to the treaty.

India already has full rights over Ravi,Beas and Satluj and is fully using them also.

You are contradicting yourself here.

There is no extra divertable water in these rivers.Only exploitable river is Tawi (even if we nullify IWT).Even Chenab could not be exploited as it defines border of Jammu and Pakistan.And any dam would submerge parts of pakistan.

Dillinger. Please be civic in your comments and refrain from personal comments.

Water thats unused.

That is not a definition but requoting.

Dillinger. Please be civic in your comments and refrain from personal comments.

Water thats unused.

Oooh civility, no I'd rather be uncivil since you've had the temerity to do the following:-

1) Make a harebrained suggestion.

2) Quote outdated and irrelevant information.

3) Doing the above while having little knowledge of the topic you're busy massacring at the moment.

Civility seems to have become a little difficult at the moment, besides all hopes for civility went down the drain the moment I suggested that @Armstrong should set his prodigious appetite upon you and devour you. :enjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
India already has full rights over Ravi,Beas and Satluj and is fully using them also.

You are contradicting yourself here.

There is no extra divertable water in these rivers.Only exploitable river is Tawi (even if we nullify IWT).Even Chenab could not be exploited as it defines border of Jammu and Pakistan.And any dam would submerge parts of pakistan.

That is not a definition but requoting.

Good to know. Now we should implement an river interlinking project, build dams on these river and divert the water to other drought affect states. Thats all i am saying.

Good to know. Now we should implement an river interlinking project, build dams on these river and divert the water to other drought affect states. Thats all i am saying.

How could there be any dam built and divert water if there is nothing left after irrigating punjab and haryana.

Back
Top Bottom