What's new

A question to all Indian members regarding Indo-Pak water teaty

I am least bothered about what it is used for other side or it uselessly flow into the sea. All along I am talking on one simple thing. Why cant SOME of this water could be channelled to drought affected states of India even if it takes to break the treaty.

The goal posts seem to have shifted.

On every previous post, you have been whining about unused water running into the ARABIAN SEA. The moment that it is pointed out that this is not so, you are least bothered about that aspect.

Do you seriously imagine that your past posts will not be remembered?

Y U NO BRIBE ME!!

y-u-no-guy.jpg

BESIDES JOE DOESN'T NEED BRIBING!

Because I don't trust you ! :whistle:

I know that @Joe Shearer wouldn't feed me to the lions in some morbid fantasy of his as part of the inauguration of a New Colosseum constructed in the Middle of Delhi, like you would ! :fie:

If he & I were at the helm we would have settled our issues in such a civilized & friendly manner with the both of us smoking a pair of Cohiba Cigars whilst playing a game of golf & discussing everything from the blondie back at the Reception Table to the blodie called Kashmir ! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither project is stalled.

Thats why i provided you links. You should have read it one. From the link.

After Pakistan's application was first rejected, the court asked India late September to stop constructing any permanent works that would inhibit restoration of the river. While India cannot construct the dam, they can continue on the tunnel and power plant in hopes that the court will allow the project.

I know you will jump after this that as the text is from wikipedia it cant be trusted.

Stopping water to Pakistan would be a equal to a terrorist act...and we dont like to do that....India did not stop water even during war time....so no way....

Hello @Hermione G ! :wave:

Kiyaa aaap Kalabagh Dam ke huq mein hain ya nahin ? :what:

Even kolkata is suffering from incursion of saline water in in its aquifers due to extensive damming and consequent reduction in flow on Ganga-hugli system.

The Farakka Barrage was the single most stupid decision that India took, perhaps excepting Bhakra Nangal and the DVC system. It desiccated huge tracts of fertile West Bengal and Bangladesh soil, destroyed the Hooghly ecosystem, which used to allow frigates and destroyers to moor at Man'o'War Jetty in Calcutta, and brought in saline water deep into the river estuary. That in spite of repeated warnings by hydrologists of the ill-effects.

And now we have a champion asking for more dams.

After Pakistan's application was first rejected, the court asked India late September to stop constructing any permanent works that would inhibit restoration of the river. While India cannot construct the dam, they can continue on the tunnel and power plant in hopes that the court will allow the project.

I know you will jump after this that as the text is from wikipedia it cant be trusted.

Hai Ram! That stay order applies till the verdict is reached, part of the verdict was reached upon this very February and the final verdict will be out in October this very year, as it is the decision this year has allowed us to construct the Kishanganga dam AND the planned diversion- In October the tribunal will provide the details the amount we can divert.

You must be plenty stupid to have not read the Feb 2013 verdict before posting here. Now bug out!

Baglihar was awarded in our favor and was thus not stalled, keep yourself updated for the lord's sake if you must type in such posts. Kishanganga was a partial award where we told that draw down flushing would not be allowed and there would be a tribunal assigned limit to the diversion- so still not stalled in the sense that you seem to be getting bellicose about.

Now do grace us with the answer to my question.

And another point which opening posters completely ignore is that.........

What would we achieve by breaking IWT?

Assuming there is no water treaty,even then we won't be able to utilize full flow of jhelum and no flow of Indus as they flow in Kashmir valley and Ladakh.

Kashmir valley is 80 X 50 Km in dimension.It does not require a whole lot of water for consumption and ladakh is a hilly barren cold desert.We simply cannot utilize water of Indus and Jhelum for irrigation.

And diverting water across pir panjal and Zaskar range!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:omghaha::omghaha::omghaha:Good luck with that.:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

I know that @Joe Shearer wouldn't feed me to the lions in some morbid fantasy of his as part of the inauguration of a New Colosseum constructed in the Middle of Delhi, like you would ! :fie:

If he & I were at the helm we would have settled our issues in such a civilized & friendly manner with the both of us smoking a pair of Cohiba Cigars whilst playing a game of golf & discussing everything from the blondie back at the Reception Table to the blodie called Kashmir ! :D

Brandy.

You forgot the Remy Martin XO Challenge in small snifters.

If you are observant, you can have Colombian coffee instead.

You don't trust your brother, here I am doing just what Joe's doing and yet you don't trust me! :cry: I won't feed you to any animal yaara, Me and @Hyperion will just be finding comfortable accommodations for you..you know for your own safety....far far away from any poor saps you may sway with your words. :D

This information is already outdated. What you have cited was an interim order, and it has since been vacated by the final order.

The goal posts seem to have shifted.

On every previous post, you have been whining about unused water running into the ARABIAN SEA. The moment that it is pointed out that this is not so, you are least bothered about that aspect.

Do you seriously imagine that your past posts will not be remembered?

Yes there is a lot of unused water flowing into sea in Pakistan. I never denied that. I am just more bothered about ... lets forget it. I am too tired to explain again and again.

Back
Top Bottom