What's new

A question to all Indian members regarding Indo-Pak water teaty

I pity the poor horse then ... With your size which you just stated above (103).

Ha Ha Ha ... kasam se tumse bada chutiya nahi dekha. Itani derr se google kar raha tha bas mujhe reply dene ke liye. APani behan ki choot mein daal de ye data. :smitten:

Julian Hipwood had a playing weight of over a 100. He used to play ARMY remounts and some of ours.

Obviously, on this, as on everything else, you are a witless idiot, fit only for abusing people like a fishwife.

You loser.

He ain't, his instructor is.

They get good fellows to come down to teach them from the mother country.

Whoever the poor sap is, I feel for him.

After my Grandpa & Taya (Paternal Uncle) & the rest of the family, discouraged me from joining the Army despite both of them being ex-Army, I thought of joining the French Foreign Legion but somehow the idea of dying for France as a Mercenary never really clicked for me ! :undecided:

I wonder what kind of motivation do the chaps who actually do join it have ?

What do you think @Joe Shearer ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm 103 too - But I can bench press nearly 90 kg & squat nearly 135 kg so - :D

Unfortunately I've never played Polo, the last time I sat on a Horse was way back when I was 10-12 & the Horse along with the Horse handler gave me a ride in Liberty Market, Lahore slowly making the Horse gallop on the granite/concrete road when I, for god-knows what reason, kicked the horse the way I saw Indiana Jones doing & it galloped hard, before I pulled its reigns & it fell down because it slipped - Apparently they wear metal shoes....I had always thought that they'd have some kind of rubber attached to those Horse-Shoes ! :undecided:

Thankfully I escaped with a few cuts & bruises whilst the Horse suffered scrapped knees ! I wasn't so lucky afterwards when my Dad heard what had happened - Bohat zoooor ka chamataaa maraa thaaa Abu nei ! :cray:

Another story to be remembered, like the tale of munching away on the sub way sandwich wrapper along with the sandwich itself. :cheesy:

I'm 103 too - But I can bench press nearly 90 kg & squat nearly 135 kg so - :D

Unfortunately I've never played Polo, the last time I sat on a Horse was way back when I was 10-12 & the Horse along with the Horse handler gave me a ride in Liberty Market, Lahore slowly making the Horse gallop on the granite/concrete road when I, for god-knows what reason, kicked the horse the way I saw Indiana Jones doing & it galloped hard, before I pulled its reigns & it fell down because it slipped - Apparently they wear metal shoes....I had always thought that they'd have some kind of rubber attached to those Horse-Shoes ! :undecided:

Thankfully I escaped with a few cuts & bruises whilst the Horse suffered scrapped knees ! I wasn't so lucky afterwards when my Dad heard what had happened - Bohat zoooor ka chamataaa maraa thaaa Abu nei ! :cray:

Something similar happened to me when I was a kid. Fortunately the mare decided to stop before she got to tarmac. Scary experience.

Once you get hooked to riding, it's an addiction.

After my Grandpa & Taya (Paternal Uncle) & the rest of the family, discouraged me from joining the Army despite both of them being ex-Army, I thought of joining the French Foreign Legion but somehow the idea of dying for France as a Mercenary never really clicked for me ! :undecided:

I wonder what kind of motivation do the chaps who actually do join it have ?

What do you think @Joe Shearer ?

Buddy, all I know is that when they found my eyes defective and threw me out of the SSB selections, the world came to an end. You join because there's nothing else in life you want to do. For me it was the navy or bust (my eyes were good enough for the Army).

Something similar happened to me when I was a kid. Fortunately the mare decided to stop before she got to tarmac. Scary experience.

Once you get hooked to riding, it's an addiction.

I know....I'm still thinking of trying out for the Army's Ridding Club at the Cantonment but my Mom goes all teary eyed with nostalgia remembering that episode, as if I'm walking into the Valley of Death ! She even came after me on the other car a year ago when I took the initiative to go & get myself registered with or without her consent.....Moms are very determined when they want to be ! :blink:

@Lipizzaner_Stallion

After opening this thread n response from yr own countrymen, i think u should commit suicide.:rofl:

Im quite surprise at @Joe Shearer's behavior

Why?

I'm very proud of the way Indians posted on this thread. Too many to mention, attentive to facts, well-informed, and displaying a high moral sense.

Great going, guys.

Buddy, all I know is that when they found my eyes defective and threw me out of the SSB selections, the world came to an end. You join because there's nothing else in life you want to do. For me it was the navy or bust (my eyes were good enough for the Army).

Well my family & our family friends with a background in the military discouraged me quite a bit & so I made the mistake of not even trying out for the Army - One of the worst decisions I ever made, I think !

But naaahhh I was never attracted by the Airforce or the Navy, it was always the Armored Corp or the SSG for me ! :)

Too bad I didn't press forth with what I wanted ! :hitwall:

I know....I'm still thinking of trying out for the Army's Ridding Club at the Cantonment but my Mom goes all teary eyed with nostalgia remembering that episode, as if I'm walking into the Valley of Death ! She even came after me on the other car a year ago when I took the initiative to go & get myself registered with or without her consent.....Moms are very determined when they want to be ! :blink:

You should join. No question. Nothing better for a young man.

Something like that happened to Chandrakant Birla. He was cantering his chestnut gelding on slightly wet turf, in loose circles. Suddenly, with no warning, the horse slipped and fell, pinning him below. Since it was wet, it was soft and yielding and nothing happened to him. There were people swarming all over him in minutes, he was extricated, and whisked away by his driver and attendant in literally seconds. The next day, the horse was sold, and his riding stopped.

So what r the facts according to u keeping in view the topic in hand?

It's a treaty that has to be honoured. Both sides need more water, but there's no more available. Both sides need to do more to conserve water, Pakistan in the catchment area, India outside the Indus Waters area. And we aren't planning any illegal dams, so Pakistanis should stop getting their knickers in a twist.

It's a treaty that has to be honoured. Both sides need more water, but there's no more available. Both sides need to do more to conserve water, Pakistan in the catchment area, India outside the Indus Waters area. And we aren't planning any illegal dams, so Pakistanis should stop getting their knickers in a twist.

come on nobody believe in oral claims. Tell me logically??
Agree with rest.

Well my family & our family friends with a background in the military discouraged me quite a bit & so I made the mistake of not even trying out for the Army - One of the worst decisions I ever made, I think !

But naaahhh I was never attracted by the Airforce or the Navy, it was always the Armored Corp or the SSG for me ! :)

Too bad I didn't press forth with what I wanted ! :hitwall:

I don't know what it's like in the PA, but competition for the Armoured Corps is really fierce in the IA. You have to be a topper to get anywhere near, or a colonel's son.

For me, it was the navy, and hopefully the FAA (my uncle was the first flying admiral). Nothing else mattered. The Navy was then 36,000 people; the Army was over 800,000. Totally impersonal compared to the Navy, and different traditions and outlook.

Back
Top Bottom