What's new

A question to all Indian members regarding Indo-Pak water teaty

come on nobody believe in oral claims. Tell me logically??
Agree with rest.

Dude,

Dam is not a 2m X 2m structure.If we start building a dam it would be visible on every remote sensing satellite in the world

What oral claims? It's been adjudicated; people have come and inspected it, and found things kosher.

ok.

So in future can something out of ordinary happen in this regard?
Like how Op is suggesting n hard line Hindu parties have same stance.
What abt Modi the new PM?

Wasn't there a clamor from Pakistani side last summer about India stealing water from Indus river or they want to renegotiate the IWT. Come summers you will surely hear the same from the other side of the border. With the population explosion and irregular rainfall people are going to throw up all kinds of ideas. So don't really feel why some people are being so harsh on the OP.

I have a feeling that IWT will be seriously tested in the next 5 years may be even get renegotiated (not really sure what can be a better outcome than this for Pakistan though.)

You need to understand. India honours her word. Period. You saw the reaction on this thread itself. You can imagine the response from the diplomats.

U know our problem is that when Modi n co. will come then they will use status quo in this aspect too.

and come on we didnt done 1984 siachin saga.

ok.

So in future can something out of ordinary happen in this regard?
Like how Op is suggesting n hard line Hindu parties have same stance.
What abt Modi the new PM?

Isn't going to happen. The BJP isn't going to make a government. It has nothing to offer, and is losing ground - except on the Internet.

Wasn't there a clamor from Pakistani side last summer about India stealing water from Indus river or they want to renegotiate the IWT. Come summers you will surely hear the same from the other side of the border. With the population explosion and irregular rainfall people are going to throw up all kinds of ideas. So don't really feel why some people are being so harsh on the OP.

I have a feeling that IWT will be seriously tested in the next 5 years may be even get renegotiated (not really sure what can be a better outcome than this for Pakistan though.)

People were harsh on OP because after posting senseless things and changing goalposts in between discussion and not able to come up with a logical argument,he started abusing family members of posters.

Probably those posts are deleted now.

Isn't going to happen. The BJP isn't going to make a government. It has nothing to offer, and is losing ground - except on the Internet.

Well i hope so.
But then if not BJP then who else will form Gov in future??

People were harsh on OP because after posting senseless things and changing goalposts in between discussion and not able to come up with a logical argument,he started abusing family members of posters.

Probably those posts are deleted now.

Ok I missed all that. But he raised a genuine issue thought his solution is way too radical :P

U know our problem is that when Modi n co. will come then they will use status quo in this aspect too.

and come on we didnt done 1984 siachin saga.

You do realize that this won't be the first time BJP will come to Power in India. They ruled India for 6 years. I didn't see IWT broken then even after you did Kargil. Why do you think it will happen now? The phobia of Modi that you people have is just mind blowing.

I don't know what it's like in the PA, but competition for the Armoured Corps is really fierce in the IA. You have to be a topper to get anywhere near, or a colonel's son.

For me, it was the navy, and hopefully the FAA (my uncle was the first flying admiral). Nothing else mattered. The Navy was then 36,000 people; the Army was over 800,000. Totally impersonal compared to the Navy, and different traditions and outlook.

I dunno how tough or otherwise it is in getting into the Armored Corp but my Paternal Uncle was with the 23rd Cavalry & he was a topper throughout his Studies, both Pre & Post joining the Army & he had a whole list of Staff College Courses & Foreign Visits under his belt - Too bad he took early retirement to be a lawyer & a pretty successful one at that ! For some reason his Unit, which was posted somewhere in West-Pakistan, I think it was Sialkot, never saw any action or even received any movement orders till a day or two before the end of the '71 War. :undecided:

My Grandpa on the other hand was with the MES & before that the British Indian Army - He served in Iraq, in Egypt, in the post-Rommel African theater before being posted to or visited Germany (I think after the war) ! Naturally he choose Pakistan at the time of the Partition as a 33 year old & he loved the Quaid so much. As part of the PA he, as a Civil & Structural Engineer, built or maintained cantonments all over Pakistan including the Cantonment at Chittagong, Mymensingh & even Razmak ! He was called in during the '65 war but he didn't see any action but provided logistical support & his expert opinion as a recently retired Engineer with years of experience with both the PA & the British Indian Army ! :D

For some reason they both discouraged me from joining the Army !

Khair, the Navy - Dude..I was never attracted by either of the other two services - The Army on the other hand filled me awe & reverence ! :agree:

There is a shortage of water on the Pakistani side, but besides feeling sorry for them, there's nothing we can do.

Pakistan would be CRAZY to try to re-negotiate such a favourable treaty. In case they abrogate the treaty, we are the upstream riparian power.

Well i hope so.
But then if not BJP then who else will form Gov in future??

Coalitions, I feel.

Coalitions, I feel.

ok lets see what happens.
anways this thread has changed my impression abt u a little.:D

O
You do realize that this won't be the first time BJP will come to Power in India. They ruled India for 6 years. I didn't see IWT broken then even after you did Kargil. Why do you think it will happen now? The phobia of Modi that you people have is just mind blowing.
If it was not siachin then there would have been no kargil.
Anyways then it was vajpaye not a person like modi n we all know he is responsible of Muslim genocides in yr country n is a very popular anti muslim.

There is a shortage of water on the Pakistani side, but besides feeling sorry for them, there's nothing we can do.

Pakistan would be CRAZY to try to re-negotiate such a favourable treaty. In case they abrogate the treaty, we are the upstream riparian power.

Joe the thing is that in India public doesn't care about IWT. Even though there are droughts in Gujrat and Mah no one has even dreamt of saying anything against IWT (except this thread where for the first time i am seeing someone linking drought in Mah and IWT)

While in Pakistan its exactly opposite and I am not surprised since almost all their water comes from these rivers. Any water shortage - and we will see it soon I feel within couple of months - people and politicians in Pakistan will go hyper accusing India. I am not really sure how long the PAK government will be able to resist them before going to world bank and accusing India for stealing water. And it will just go downhill from there. Kind of scary scenario but looks more and more plausable. I hope i am wrong.

Back
Top Bottom