What's new

A Question Of Quantity

Even the combination of PLAAF and PLAN do not have 3000 fighter air crafts,this is complete bogus

And do PAF really have 460 jets?

Bunch of old migs...:azn: this is where USA surpass china not only in quality but on quantity...:usflag:

lets see the break up of only combat aircrafts( fighter, ground attack and bombers)

USA- 250 A-10+ 25 AC-30+ 65 B-1+ 20 B-2+ 85 B-52+ 650 F-15
+ 1200 F-16+ 185 F-22

= 2500 APPROX

CHINA- 100 SU-30+ 120 J-11+ 400 J-7+ 150 J-8+ 70 SU-27+ 100 J-10 + 200 JH-7+ 500 Q-5+ 50 H-6

= 1700 APPROX

RUSSIA- 450 SU-27+ 15 SU-30+ 20 SU-35+ 550 MIG-29+ 400 MIG-31+ 20 SU-34 + 250 SU-25+ 320 SU-24 + 90 TU-22 + 25 TU-160 + 70 TU-95

= 2200 APPROX

THATS THE REAL MEASURE OF QUANTITY!!!
BUT QUALITY WISE , CHINA IS MUCH MORE BEHIND THAN RUSSIA AND USA

Had you read my OP, your dilemma would have perished. :rolleyes:

The figure of Indian combat aircraft was given as a comparative in reference by Jane's Defence who are in a better position than you and me to disclose the quantity. ;)

again no offense for Indian aircraft

Just post that source ........(if their is any) :woot:

You haven't reported any link.

For all we know you pulled these #s out of your............... hat?

Would there be an objective in me manipulating these figures. :disagree:

But since you are talking through your hat, let me spoon feed you, an article appeared in Sunday Times (London) newspaper, the report author citing concern on UK's defence cuts in which the Harrier, Tornadoes etc. have been axed.
As a comparative parallel, a table figure of combat aircraft operated by other air arms was given, acknowledging the source reference as Jane's Defence.

Don't forget the people inside of the machines. You could have 10,000 front-line jets, but without excellent and continuous training, they are nothing more than parade-ground fodder.

A fighter pilot needs at least 250 hours a year for peak performance. 350 is better. Anything less than 100 hours per year is asking for trouble in terms of efficiency. It is very expensive to maintain a large fleet and keep the pilots at a razor's edge.

I think if a nation had a choice between 100 F-15/Su-27 and 50 hours per year, or 100 F-5E/MiG-21 and 500 hours per year, the latter might prove to be a superior force.

again no offense for Indian aircraft

Just post that source ........(if their is any) :woot:

Seems you are easily offended character.
Read my above post to you heart's content or better still, pick up a copy of Sunday Times and enlighten your self.
BTW, 600 or 1600, it's quality that matters and counts.

@ Techlahore

No offense you delete my post but dnt you want source ????
Or thread without source is ok ?????:coffee:

Its really funny
you came to an international forum and tell some one to bought a copy of newspaper ???? :lol:

And about your last line
thread title

I came across a report in a news paper of credible value, and posted it with the title, A Question Of Quantity, because i wasn't sure of the figures given.
But i guess you haven't reached the stage to comprehend the objective and divulge in a debate. Let me make it easy for you, instead of being stuck on the Indian number, why not make your self useful and enlighten us all. ( If you have the ability).

Last edited:
I am feeling pity for your condition

In over enthusiasm you make this thread bt now.....

Since you are just being a space waster, i feel nothing for you .

Instead of running around in circles, why don't you make an effort and post something worth while.

Last edited:
According to Jane's Defence, the following is a break down of military aircraft in the inventory of the major air forces of the world.

US............3,150

China........3000

Russia.......2,180

India..........600

Pakistan.....460

France........300

Italy............227

Spain...........140

Sweden........121

UK................120

Belgium........72

So technically, China has more aircraft than Russia, where as Pakistan is well ahead of France. The source of this report is more concerned of the fact that after the recent defence cut backs, UK, is now lagging behind even Sweden. Janes Defence is often the most referable source, but one wonders regarding the above figures.

Well I think that there are some serious issues with the list that you have posted

For one you have the number for UK totally wrong , as of today RAF operates 120 Tornado GR4 and 64 Typhoons

While Swedish airforce has ordered over 205 SAAB Gripen out of which around 160+ are in service

French Air force has 250 Mirage 2000 and 56 Rafale along with 65 Mirage 5

While Italian air force has 245 Fighter aircrafts comprising Tornado ,Typhoon and F16

As far as pakistan is concerned the actual number is 371 , which will increase to 460 if we include F7 and Mirage 3 and A5 currently held in storage

The list also does not include Japan , Taiwan , Israel , Saudi Arabia all of which have over 350 fighters and Turkey which has over 400 fighters

Seems you are easily offended character.
Read my above post to you heart's content or better still, pick up a copy of Sunday Times and enlighten your self.
BTW, 600 or 1600, it's quality that matters and counts.

Offcourse quality counts however u are mistaken to actually think that pakistan has qualitative superiority over India

Lets not just look at the total number of fighters but just the 4th/4.5 gen fighters currently in service with india and Pak
Well India has over 240 4TH/4.5 gen fighters comprising 130 Su30mki , 62 Mig29s/smt , 51 Mirage 2000
While Pakistan Has 75 4th gen fighters comprising 55 F16 and 20 FC1
Now please dont talk about the number of 4th gen fighters that u guys will be inducting in the next 10 yrs , Becoz i can also post the same

As far as 3rd/3.5 Gen fighters currently in service with India and Pak
Well they will retire in next 10 yrs
While Indian Mig 21/27 will retire by 2017 , Pakistani A5 , Mirage 3 Will Retire by 2015 , Indian Jaguar will remain in service till 2022 , PAF F7PG and Mirage 3/5 Rose upg will remain in service till 2025

Well I think that there are some serious issues with the list that you have posted
Again not my prospective but Jane's Defence.
For one you have the number for UK totally wrong , as of today RAF operates 120 Tornado GR4 and 64 Typhoons
With reportedly, a number of Tornado Squadrons being axed.
While Swedish airforce has ordered over 205 SAAB Gripen out of which around 160+ are in service
I highly doubt they are all in squadron service. While many must be in reserve.
French Air force has 250 Mirage 2000 and 56 Rafale along with 65 Mirage 5
Mirage-5 ???
I highly doubt they are in front line service if at all, in fact last time a PAF Mirage-5 was shipped in to display a new associated weapon system.

The list also does not include Japan , Taiwan , Israel , Saudi Arabia all of which have over 350 fighters and Turkey which has over 400 fighters
It was an ad-hoc comparative, not a break down of an A2Z.

Back
Top Bottom