What's new

A Question Of Quantity

Offcourse quality counts however u are mistaken to actually think that pakistan has qualitative superiority over India

Lets not just look at the total number of fighters but just the 4th/4.5 gen fighters currently in service with india and Pak
Well India has over 240 4TH/4.5 gen fighters comprising 130 Su30mki , 62 Mig29s/smt , 51 Mirage 2000
While Pakistan Has 75 4th gen fighters comprising 55 F16 and 20 FC1
Now please dont talk about the number of 4th gen fighters that u guys will be inducting in the next 10 yrs , Becoz i can also post the same

As far as 3rd/3.5 Gen fighters currently in service with India and Pak
Well they will retire in next 10 yrs
While Indian Mig 21/27 will retire by 2017 , Pakistani A5 , Mirage 3 Will Retire by 2015 , Indian Jaguar will remain in service till 2022 , PAF F7PG and Mirage 3/5 Rose upg will remain in service till 2025

Here is a reality check. The JF-17 Thunder is to replace the A-5, F-7 and Mirages in the PAF service, hence the Mig 21/27, Jaguar, Harrier are sorted, the Mirage-2000 is a potent aircraft in proper hands but let me ask you, when was the last time the IAF had the confidence to fly single engine aircraft even on a republic day.
I could go on but the thread is not about a comparative between the PAF and IAF.

It was the better idea to share the direct link in the first post

Source please?

obviously Turkish and Israeli Airforces are missing but still would love to see the source from Jane's official website

It was the better idea to share the direct link in the first post

Source please?

obviously Turkish and Israeli Airforces are missing but still would love to see the source from Jane's official website

Yaar, why don't you understand, it was a report in the Sunday Times which gave a reference to Jane's Defence.
It's not a break down of a numerical game or break down of every air force in the world. Just a few example were given as a comparison.
The best i could do was to scan and post the whole article, which in any case was focused on the UK Defence cuts.l

Yaar, why don't you understand, it was a report in the Sunday Times which gave a reference to Jane's Defence.
It's not a break down of a numerical game or break down of every air force in the world. Just a few example were given as a comparison.
The best i could do was to scan and post the whole article, which in any case was focused on the UK Defence cuts.l

Here is the link for the Sunday Times Online Edition

Why don't you find the story you claim to have read?

You have played with the figures very nicely, nice try bro, next time please quote the sources also, if it is in Janes please quote from their directly not write the numbers yourself

lets see the break up of only combat aircrafts( fighter, ground attack and bombers)

USA- 250 A-10+ 25 AC-30+ 65 B-1+ 20 B-2+ 85 B-52+ 650 F-15
+ 1200 F-16+ 185 F-22

= 2500 APPROX

CHINA- 100 SU-30+ 120 J-11+ 400 J-7+ 150 J-8+ 70 SU-27+ 100 J-10 + 200 JH-7+ 500 Q-5+ 50 H-6

= 1700 APPROX

RUSSIA- 450 SU-27+ 15 SU-30+ 20 SU-35+ 550 MIG-29+ 400 MIG-31+ 20 SU-34 + 250 SU-25+ 320 SU-24 + 90 TU-22 + 25 TU-160 + 70 TU-95

= 2200 APPROX

THATS THE REAL MEASURE OF QUANTITY!!!
BUT QUALITY WISE , CHINA IS MUCH MORE BEHIND THAN RUSSIA AND USA

not true, for j-7's alone china still has something like 6 to 7 hundred also there is more than 100 j-10's, also for russia, there were only 16 Tu-160 in service as of 2008, they plan for more are we counting planes not yet in service cause then we have to do the same for other airforces too. this is just from what i know other numbers are probably off too, basically what im saying is your numbers are wrong and Janes is much more trustworthy though i wanna see source for OPs claims.
but yea PLAAF is behind Russia still in terms of quality and both is currently far behind the USA

this video is based on quantity---- the numbers are somewhat consistent with wiki -- in some instances , he has added 'planned jets' into the total tally -- but its the only video which practically CONSIDERS all the world

i stress again '' based on quantity ''

not quality

not flight hours/ pilot

Last edited by a moderator:
USA 1
China 2
Russia 3
India 4

I stopped watching at that point....... can anyone tell if PAF was included in top 30 please? thanks in advance

No it isn't. Happy now???

:lol:

USA 1
China 2
Russia 3
India 4

I stopped watching at that point....... can anyone tell if PAF was included in top 30 please? thanks in advance

Nope..top thirty???:no: What are you talking about.PAF has no chance to be in top 30 Air forces in the world:lol::lol:
But I honestly think that your Airforce commanders will disagree with me,:agree: if they are not drunk:cheesy:

No offense,but that was really dumb question.:hitwall:

yea turky israel egypt saudiarabia republic of china japan south korea germany must b inluded in the list, sweden and belgium dnt deserve a place here

Here is a reality check. The JF-17 Thunder is to replace the A-5, F-7 and Mirages in the PAF service, hence the Mig 21/27, Jaguar, Harrier are sorted, the Mirage-2000 is a potent aircraft in proper hands but let me ask you, when was the last time the IAF had the confidence to fly single engine aircraft even on a republic day.
I could go on but the thread is not about a comparative between the PAF and IAF.

no we not flying mirage-2000 for republic day celebrations. we r jus employing them for less glamorous roles like joint exercises with UK/US.

usa
russia
china
france
turky
india
pakistan
south korea
japan
italy
germany
saudiarabia