What's new

A Question Of Quantity

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
According to Jane's Defence, the following is a break down of military aircraft in the inventory of the major air forces of the world.

US............3,150

China........3000

Russia.......2,180

India..........600

Pakistan.....460

France........300

Italy............227

Spain...........140

Sweden........121

UK................120

Belgium........72

So technically, China has more aircraft than Russia, where as Pakistan is well ahead of France. The source of this report is more concerned of the fact that after the recent defence cut backs, UK, is now lagging behind even Sweden. Janes Defence is often the most referable source, but one wonders regarding the above figures.

Interesting figures .I doubt about this. where is Turkish airforce? Israeli airforce and South korean airforce ? they also have large fleet of aircrafts and i think turkey has more aircrafts than PAF and south korean airforce has somewhat similar amount as PAF

Indian 600? Surprising? I thought it should be something 1200.

The report only refers to combat aircraft, hence transport, trainers and rotary wing are not included in the figures.

Where is turkish airforce?

As far as i know turkey has 3rd largest fleet of fighter aircrafts among NATO countries

Turkey operates total of 410 combat aircrafts

Where is Israel airforce?

Israeli airforce operates ~365 aircarfts

I pretty much doubt this report ,seems to be bogus

cm on Saudi Arabia should be on the list above spain.
Really the numbers look un realistic.

Honestly i even doubt that Pakistan has 460 fighters, correct me if i a wrong, i'll be delighted.

According to Jane's Defence, the following is a break down of military aircraft in the inventory of the major air forces of the world.
US............3,150
China........3000
Russia.......2,180
India..........600
Pakistan.....460
France........300
Italy............227
Spain...........140
Sweden........121
UK................120
Belgium........72
So technically, China has more aircraft than Russia, where as Pakistan is well ahead of France. The source of this report is more concerned of the fact that after the recent defence cut backs, UK, is now lagging behind even Sweden. Janes Defence is often the most referable source, but one wonders regarding the above figures.

Indian 600? Surprising? I thought it should be something 1200.

The report only refers to combat aircraft, hence transport, trainers and rotary wing are not included in the figures.

Really .......so just show me any source that say Pakistan has 460 combat aircraft

And china have 3000 combat aircraft :coffee:

BTW no offense for less Indian combat aircraft's :lol:

Last edited:

Since the veracity of your post is being doubted by many can you provide the link to your claims?

US............3,150

China........3000
Bunch of old migs...:azn: this is where USA surpass china not only in quality but on quantity...:usflag:

Where is turkish airforce?

As far as i know turkey has 3rd largest fleet of fighter aircrafts among NATO countries

Turkey operates total of 410 combat aircrafts

Where is Israel airforce?

Israeli airforce operates ~365 aircarfts

I pretty much doubt this report ,seems to be bogus

Honestly i even doubt that Pakistan has 460 fighters, correct me if i a wrong, i'll be delighted.

Guys, the author gave a reference of Jane's Defence while reporting on UK's defence cuts. The above example were given as a comparative, it's not the full break down of World's leading airforces. !!!

Guys, the author gave a reference of Jane's Defence while reporting on UK's defence cuts. The above example were given as a comparative, it's not the full break down of World's leading airforces. !!!

You haven't reported any link.

For all we know you pulled these #s out of your............... hat?

You haven't reported any link.

For all we know you pulled these #s out of your............... hat?

Well they are well behind Russians

Aircraft

* Bomber/attack: 600
* Fighter: 1,300
* AWACS: 4
* Large transport: 80
* Tanker: 10
* Special mission: 30

The current inventory is composed primarily of third- and fourth-generation fighters and fighter-bombers, including 800~1,000 J-7 (MiG-21 Fishbed) and J-8II fighters, 76 Russian-built Su-27 fighters, 95~116 Chinese-assembled J-11 fighters, 76 Russian Su-30MKK multirole fighters, and some 60~80 Chinese indigenous J-10 multirole fighters.

Chinese Air Forces - SinoDefence.com

Really .......so just show me any source that say Pakistan has 460 combat aircraft

And china have 3000 combat aircraft :coffee:

BTW no offense for less Indian combat aircraft's :lol:

Had you read my OP, your dilemma would have perished. :rolleyes:

The figure of Indian combat aircraft was given as a comparative in reference by Jane's Defence who are in a better position than you and me to disclose the quantity. ;)

Pakistan Air Force currently operates approximately 371 combat, 274 Trainig/Light Fighter, 28 Transport and Aerial Refueling, 6 AEW & ECM & 25 UAV Drone Aircraft

Anyways, Quality matters, not quantity!

If you are a excellent pilot in a F16, and you are going to counter 10 Migs, the pilots not trained at the best, they you pretty well have chances of winning the dog fight. :tup:

Back
Top Bottom