What's new

A question From History of Pak Armed Forces.

Gen. Akhtar Abdur Rahman for ISI ( The man was Legend , he made USSR dance around his fingers , his death was a huge loss and the gap left by him has yet to be filled )

For Army I would Say General Ayub Khan

as For Air Force it is a thwo way tie between ACM Mushaf Ali Mir /Nur Khan

and For navy Karamat Rahman Niazi ( The Commanding officer of PNS Ghazi in 1965 war )
No matter how big legend Gen Akhtar was but his and his agency's biggest failure was the bombing of 1988 RWP garrison and Zia's plane bomb.

Last edited:
He was still a human .. and they do make mistakes ...
those were our high days sir, failure was not an option back then specially if enemy has succeeded in wiping off our entire high command of Soviat war. Just imagine if they were alive today how much better ISI would function and security situation was better. The Vacuum left by Gen Akhtar is something we still are not able to recover.

those were our high days sir, failure was not an option back then specially if enemy has succeeded in wiping off our entire high command of Soviat war. Just imagine if they were alive today how much better ISI would function and security situation was better. The Vacuum left by Gen Akhtar is something we still are not able to recover.
True in intelligence failure is Never an option , one mistake can cause an avalanche , which ends up doing the damage as small as negligible or as large as destructible ... Gen Akhtar was my hero .. someone who inspired me ... but at the end he was still human .. he made one mistake ( you might know about that ) which ended up costing us more then we could afford at that time ... that is why we need to improve, learn from our mistakes .. and move forward while remembering the past and targeting the future .

True in intelligence failure is Never an option , one mistake can cause an avalanche , which ends up doing the damage as small as negligible or as large as destructible ... Gen Akhtar was my hero .. someone who inspired me ... but at the end he was still human .. he made one mistake ( you might know about that ) which ended up costing us more then we could afford at that time ... that is why we need to improve, learn from our mistakes .. and move forward while remembering the past and targeting the future .
Yes sir your right maybe we were destined and the life of Gen Akhar was also destined short by All Mighty.

This is best we can say in the end of the day. But like u said now what needs to be done is learn from past and make sure they dont happen again. And focus on better Future.

Gen. Akhtar Abdur Rahman for ISI ( The man was Legend , he made USSR dance around his fingers , his death was a huge loss and the gap left by him has yet to be filled )

For Army I would Say General Ayub Khan

as For Air Force it is a thwo way tie between ACM Mushaf Ali Mir /Nur Khan

and For navy Karamat Rahman Niazi ( The Commanding officer of PNS Ghazi in 1965 war )
And don't forget Brig Yusuf, Chief of the Afghan Bureau in ISI during the Jihad against the Soviets.

Yes, Brig. T.M was outstanding and brave.

Can anyone tell about 17 August 1988 incident of Zia-ul-Haq's plane. What are facts?

Back
Top Bottom