What's new

A Pakistani soldier’s Eid

We sleep safely at night because brave men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.
- George Orwell

I'm not a huge fan of the senior ranks in the Army but the average soldier in the Pakistani Army has devoted his whole life to serve his country and countrymen. While we are in a safe environment on the computer, those soldiers are risking their lives to protect us.

I didnt want to reply as you felt ashamed and degraded, but seriously with the sort of "analysis" you did above, I am sure you are no more different than those PPP members and musharraf inc who think BISP and musharraf FDI were "economic reform" respectively.

lets just move on with the thread,

RIP to the poor soldiers/officers who died in the line of duty !! :pakistan:

Cut the smart chat and answer if you don't have the dignity to admit your mistake.

We sleep safely at night because brave men stand ready to visit violence on those who would harm us.
- George Orwell

I'm not a huge fan of the senior ranks in the Army but the average soldier in the Pakistani Army has devoted his whole life to serve his country and countrymen. While we are in a safe environment on the computer, those soldiers are risking their lives to protect us.

The Senior officer isn't much different from the average soldier you pointed out. It took him 35 years(minimum) of service to become a general, he did all the things that our average soldier did. So how does he become an exception ?

The Senior officer isn't much different from the average soldier you pointed out. It took him 35 years(minimum) of service to become a general, he did all the things that our average soldier did. So how does he become an exception ?

Not all senior officers do, many of them are true gentlemen and excel at their job.
There are those sycophants who make it up the tree by being simple "teli's".
This process does not effect those upto the brig level.. since that is still my view 95% on merit.
Its the second star that gets affected by nepotism and favoritism. Still it does not imply that Every person with more than one star did not deserve it or got there through illegitimate means.
It is just those that did use ( and in some cases were used) personal relationships unethically to get to the top that are a cancer to this nation's military.

Should our critique of such individuals or our spite for them blind us so that we look at all those who serve with honor and commitment with the same eye.. make generalizing statements? I dont believe so, those that do.. are simply latched on to an identity they dont fully understand or own.. Not to different from the views of religious extremism.. Dont understand the subject matter, so resort to a broad spectrum attack and make it personal when you dont have much to defend your point of view.

Back
Top Bottom