What's new

A Pakistani soldier’s Eid

A Pakistani soldier’s Eid

November 10, 2011

By the way guys, what has been missed is the video in the first post.

That video was made just after the deadliest ambush in South Waziristan in 2009. I believe its still the deadliest since the war began, i won't tell the exact figures, but many soldiers were martyred and for the stupidity of some senior commanders and the Maj Gen who was then incharge and made the fiasco is now promoted as Lt Gen. We lost a Lt Col, a Capt or Major & a Lt plus dozens of soldiers in this single ambush. Hadn't the air support came on time, we may have lost more. I have seen other videos of this ambush and they are gruesome, soldiers bodies cut in half or fully burned etc etc. Terrible. Saw the martyred Lt Col's picture after his martyrdom, he was looking so fresh. Also saw his video of talking to soldiers just before the ambush also.

The ambush happened on 28th June, 2009:

Taliban kill 12 soldiers in North Waziristan ambush - The Long War Journal

And Lt Col Tahir Iqbal leading from the front gave his life and the stupid commanders who made this fiasco got promoted and no questions asked from them about this deadliest ambush in the history of PA so far.

Leiutenant Colonel Tahir Iqbal Shaheed

And pathetic are the people who tell these brave volunteers to shut the fcuk up. In reality these pathetic countrymen should shut the fcuk up and if possible do their work properly if they can't volunteer to serve this nation and give life for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Leader. We have got a family. We have got a Eid. They (our family) have got a Eid. We sacrifice our day of joy and happiness so that you guys can have a pleasant time. A pleasant time abusing us. Imagine if we come back with our families who will do anything to get us back with them. And enemy strikes. There is a lot of bloodshed and chaos everywhere on the day of Eid.

Members of your family die and you loose your loved one. How would you feel? So better shut up. We are putting our lives on line so that others can live in joy. We are dying here.. and still getting abused..

A Lt. gets 11K Ruppee monthly. But on operational and rough terrain, we pay him 28K.
Let's say I pay your 32K. Will you go and defend your nation? No. You need to have guts to do that.. If you dont have the balls to do it, dont bark on those who do.

Over and out.

By the way guys, what has been missed is the video in the first post.

That video was made just after the deadliest ambush in South Waziristan in 2009. I believe its still the deadliest since the war began, i won't tell the exact figures, but many soldiers were martyred and for the stupidity of some senior commanders and the Maj Gen who was then incharge and made the fiasco is now promoted as Lt Gen. We lost a Lt Col, a Capt or Major & a Lt plus dozens of soldiers in this single ambush. Hadn't the air support came on time, we may have lost more. I have seen other videos of this ambush and they are gruesome, soldiers bodies cut in half or fully burned etc etc. Terrible. Saw the martyred Lt Col's picture after his martyrdom, he was looking so fresh. Also saw his video of talking to soldiers just before the ambush also.

The ambush happened on 28th June, 2009:

Taliban kill 12 soldiers in North Waziristan ambush - The Long War Journal

And Lt Col Tahir Iqbal leading from the front gave his life and the stupid commanders who made this fiasco got promoted and no questions asked from them about this deadliest ambush in the history of PA so far.

Leiutenant Colonel Tahir Iqbal Shaheed

And pathetic are the people who tell these brave volunteers to shut the fcuk up. In reality these pathetic countrymen should shut the fcuk up and if possible do their work properly if they can't volunteer to serve this nation and give life for it.

Just like the Ambush on 2nd day of eid never came up in news, then incidents like these will never came up too and Taimi i have a gut feeling that to compensate the falsified figure the ISPR then have to release fake press release to announce XYZ number of soldiers killed in XYZ agency and in reality there are none killed but to compensate earlier deaths and i have another gut feeling that acutall number of soldiers are 1000 more than what military quotes the figure of 4000 or 5000 i guess

Can i ask Taimi what kind of fiasco that Maj.Gen did? By opening a front against Gul Bahadur and during that conflict sending a unprotected convoy without any support from the territories of Gul Bahadur?

Just like the Ambush on 2nd day of eid never came up in news, then incidents like these will never came up too and Taimi i have a gut feeling that to compensate the falsified figure the ISPR then have to release fake press release to announce XYZ number of soldiers killed in XYZ agency and in reality there are none killed but to compensate earlier deaths and i have another gut feeling that acutall number of soldiers are 1000 more than what military quotes the figure of 4000 or 5000 i guess

Total figures are near to correct, no issue in that.

The high side in such issues is deliberately not told, not that they don't wanna share the truth, but for morale purposes.

As for that fiasco, its a complex issue, just will tell in brief that the lower commanders including the Lt Col were not OK with the orders to move out, they had some intel, thus they asked for air cover to be provided before they enter this area which by the way is very notorious since the British times as lot of ambushes have taken place in this specific are including an earlier ambush in the same place which also saw 15 or so men dead. So the Maj Gen ordered to move out without air cover and disaster happened. The men only got saved after the air cover got there, you can hear the young Lt making the video pointing at the Cobra and calling it its savior.

And as for that eid incident, if i am right, it happened in 2009, on Eid Ul Fitr, as i was right in my home town when casualties were brought in the next day and whole night i had to stay awake due to the murderous artillery barrage that was started from my home town and the guns were hardly 150 meters away from the place i was staying. I do believe they fired something close to 120-150 rounds or so during the night. Lost a few men too in that ambush. All happened in the North Waziristan section.

Total figures are near to correct, no issue in that.

The high side in such issues is deliberately not told, not that they don't wanna share the truth, but for morale purposes.

As for that fiasco, its a complex issue, just will tell in brief that the lower commanders including the Lt Col were not OK with the orders to move out, they had some intel, thus they asked for air cover to be provided before they enter this area which by the way is very notorious since the British times as lot of ambushes have taken place in this specific are including an earlier ambush in the same place which also saw 15 or so men dead. So the Maj Gen ordered to move out without air cover and disaster happened. The men only got saved after the air cover got there, you can hear the young Lt making the video pointing at the Cobra and calling it its savior.

And as for that eid incident, if i am right, it happened in 2009, on Eid Ul Fitr, as i was right in my home town when casualties were brought in the next day and whole night i had to stay awake due to the murderous artillery barrage that was started from my home town and the guns were hardly 150 meters away from the place i was staying. I do believe they fired something close to 120-150 rounds or so during the night. Lost a few men too in that ambush. All happened in the North Waziristan section.

if i remember correctly, same thing happened in South waziristan agency during musharraf era where lt.col and his 240 man surrendered them selves to mehsud insurgents but comparing to this, I can call this Lt.Col a very very Brave MAN.

if i remember correctly, same thing happened in South waziristan agency during musharraf era where lt.col and his 240 man surrendered them selves to mehsud insurgents but comparing to this, I can call this Lt.Col a very very Brave MAN.
war is not easy and simple as people think sometimes you have fight for life or death but sometimes you have to retreat and surrender so that you will be able to come back with more strength.......... dont get emotional in war ...you have to take hard decisions to save the lives of your comrades .

war is not easy and simple as people think sometimes you have fight for life or death but sometimes you have to retreat and surrender so that you will be able to come back with more strength.......... dont get emotional in war ...you have to take hard decisions to save the lives of your comrades .

Holy Quran teaches us the same thing. There are two types of retreats mention in Quran. First one is to run off from the battle and it's punishment is very severe and straight to hell if he died afterwards and second one is Tactical Retreat which is allowed and that retreat is defined as a "Battle field strategy" to fall back in order to decieve the enemy or to regroup with your comrades and that kind of thing is allowed

Mod Edit Never quote a bigot, never feed a troll

Im am most surprised at you post.
All i can say is if it wasn't for brave soldiers of our land to be honest we wouldn't have a Pakistan. The reputation of the army of Pakistan is renowned throughout the world and is well respected. I am eternally grateful for the way they have conducted themselves. What we must remember is these people put their lives on the line every time they put the uniform on. We can come on here and type a few words showing patriotism but to put ones life on the line is something we should all offer our humble gratitude.
Thank you to all the brave men and women.

Loss of identity, cant decide how much "liberal" to go for..
How much "anti-establishment" views much be propagated to promote the party's agenda.
Be more PTI than IK himself.

just makes me wonder if this statement was made in any part of the "Land of the dreams" then what would have happened to that person.

going by his bigoted example one shouldnt even thank any doctor (even the ones working in Shaukat Khanum) since they are getting paid for their jobs. I think this leader guy is having a "Mr420 moment" who I think is currently banned

you are right,

that incident was shameful and those officers have been punished, that was downright cowardice or some sort of possible sympathy with the Taliban. but whatever the reason, that colonel was not fit to command his men and made his troops to lay down their arms.

there is no justification what so ever what that colonel did and he is a forgotten unknown person and must have been stripped off his rank and credentials.
Lets not talk about him and concentrate on the real war heroes that have fought off the Taliban and have reduced them into only suicide bombers hiding and seeking refuge in Afghanistan. The way Pakistani soldiers cleared Swat has baffled even the BATO forces that have made so many retreats and left the areas to Taliban,

compare this to what Gen Nasir ullah did when he was a Brigadier and during war with India he flew right into their base by mistake but kept his cool and told them that they were surrounded and he had come to give them the choice to surrender and stay alive and they fell for his bluff.
General Naseerullah Babar

Now there was a difference in these two stories. I don’t think those Indians were cowards, they fell for his bluff and made the right choice to give up their arms given the reality that the commander of opposing force had landed in their base.

For all my criticism of the wrongs done by the Army leadership, I will openly state again my absolute admiration for the devotion to duty of the rank and file personnel in the field. Their sacrifices and their dedication are to be commended, no doubt.

The brave soldiers may be no more on Earth, but their families will live with their loss forever. As a nation, we must take care of them too, as it is easy to forget them.

:salute:

Main Ek Fouji Hoon
Main Fauji hoon

AAj bhi jab barrack main beth kr ya mess pe ja kar khana khata hoo tou apni maa ki haath k parathay yaad atay hain

Jab bhi thak jata hooo tou wallet main mojood mangeter ki tasweer nikaal kr dekhta hoo

Aaj bi jab Dhobi se jake kapry lekar aata hoo ya khud Press karta hoo to apne pyari behna yad athi hai

Aaj bhi raat bhar jaagta hoo, jis pr kabhi meri abba mujhai daant’tay thay

Aaj bhi jab zakhm lagta hai tou khushi hoti hai k Mere dais ki maao or behno k dupattai un k saro pr salamat hain

Mujhai bura kehnai walai yai nahi jaantai k mere jism pr kitne zakham hain , or naa main unn ka hisaab mangta hoo

Mjhai Bura kehny wal ye nahi janty ke mai Eid ghar se door kese base ya ship pe uniform samet guzarta hoo

Kiun k
MAIN AIK FAUJI HOO MERI NAZAR SIRF PERCHAM K SAAMNEY OR SAR SIRF KHUDA K SAAMNEY JHUKTA HAI….

Back
Top Bottom