What's new

A Pakistani soldier’s Eid

@Taimi.. I am familiar with the story of that fiasco as well.. and its a shame that the person who ordered that attack got promoted as well.
That person's promotion deserves critique.. who in their right mind would absolve somebody of such a decision?
Who ignored the pleas of all below him not to launch the attack, and now will get a larger house, a motor pool,land awarded and will play golf after 4 o clock after the ordered "murder" of his men. Such men are the cause of this misplaced resentment of the Army. I want men such as these held accountable before the public.

Those out in the field, those .. that joined the army to protect their fellow citizens.. they should not hear such.
Those men deserve parades in their honor when they return.. I dont recall even the most ardent Army supporters going out and just clapping for these men. They are our heroes, and every Pakistani is forever indebted to them.
I love these men, Ill give my blood for them.
And defend them wherever I can. We all should.

Kakgeta, are you comfortable in telling if you participated in this operation today?

I did not, if I did, I wouldn't be posting just now........though I did know the Major who died in today's operation.

I did not, if I did, I wouldn't be posting just now........though I did know the Major who died in today's operation.

if you like to comment if major died in the line of fire or he was kidnapped and killed by kidnappers during rescue operation?

if you like to comment if major died in the line of fire or he was kidnapped and killed by kidnappers during rescue operation?

I can't comment because I myself am not sure of the details. It wasn't my op, though I think that he was killed in the line of fire. I just got a call from a mutual friend, telling me of the Major's sad demise.

I can't comment because I myself am not sure of the details. It wasn't my op, though I think that he was killed in the line of fire. I just got a call from a mutual friend, telling me of the Major's sad demise.

Inna lilah he wa inna ilai he ra'ajioun. May Allah reward his sacrifice and give patience to his family

@Taimi.. I am familiar with the story of that fiasco as well.. and its a shame that the person who ordered that attack got promoted as well.
That person's promotion deserves critique.. who in their right mind would absolve somebody of such a decision?
Who ignored the pleas of all below him not to launch the attack, and now will get a larger house, a motor pool,land awarded and will play golf after 4 o clock after the ordered "murder" of his men. Such men are the cause of this misplaced resentment of the Army. I want men such as these held accountable before the public.

Those out in the field, those .. that joined the army to protect their fellow citizens.. they should not hear such.
Those men deserve parades in their honor when they return.. I dont recall even the most ardent Army supporters going out and just clapping for these men. They are our heroes, and every Pakistani is forever indebted to them.
I love these men, Ill give my blood for them.
And defend them wherever I can. We all should.

What can i think of that fiasco is, at that time there was Hugh american pressure as well, so the particular major general would have been under pressure too from his superiors to show some results on the ground.

What can i think of that fiasco is, at that time there was Hugh american pressure as well, so the particular major general would have been under pressure too from his superiors to show some results on the ground.

Then his superiors are responsible as well.
Would you make that decision? knowing the tactical disadvantage you would be putting your men in?

What would you know about the Army ?
I am honestly ashamed and I feel degraded addressing you after reading your cheap two-bit comments but I have a duty to put you in your right place.
Being in the Army is not about money or pay. I saw a good many Majors fall before me, knew the one who died today too. You think that he died for the lousy PKR28000 salary that he secured with 20 odd years of his life ? That he could have had even if he worked as a clerk for a company for 20 years. You think it's about the plot he would have gotten on retirement in the middle of nowhere that he had been paying for since his first pay check and would have continued to pay for, for the coming 30 years ?
There's more to life than money and honestly, I don't think you can ever rise to the point where you can understand that sometimes there are things more valuable than money.

And how dare you say that "You" pay for the army ?
Shameless chap, only 1% of our nation pays tax, that's 1.7 million, out of which 1.1 million are LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS, who's pay comes with tax deducted. The single largest tax paying organization in Pakistan is Fauji Foundation, so how dare you say that "You" pay for the army ?

If you have an ounce of dignity, you would stop posting in this thread.

I didnt want to reply as you felt ashamed and degraded, but seriously with the sort of "analysis" you did above, I am sure you are no more different than those PPP members and musharraf inc who think BISP and musharraf FDI were "economic reform" respectively.

lets just move on with the thread,

RIP to the poor soldiers/officers who died in the line of duty !! :pakistan:

Forget them not, for they have sacrificed their today for our tomorrow.

2615.jpg

2616.jpg

2617.jpg

COAS met the officers and soldiers who had sustained injuries involving loss of limbs during active operations. He appreciated their sacrifice, courage and determination to overcome the loss. COAS emphasized the provision of best medical care to rehabilitate the patients, particularly those wounded during operation.

Then his superiors are responsible as well.
Would you make that decision? knowing the tactical disadvantage you would be putting your men in?

Yes i would, Because very few generals are self righteous, most want to save their skin and shift their burden to lower levels ,only the lower level cadre is full of enthusiasm mostly. Musharraf did make that decision to follow the WOT didn't he? Only one Army General was honest to death in whole Pak Army history. General Abdul Waheed Khan Kakar. Refused to take extension and conducted elections on time after breaking the government.

Kakgeta, are you comfortable in telling if you participated in this operation today?

this incident is reported in Dawn and underneath is a political statement by Rana Sanah Ullah who is talking about Imran Khan. maybe a coincidence but that guy is openly supporting Sipah Sahabah and its more violent wing Laskher e Jhangvi. makes one wonder what would happen if there is a raid on one of his properties.

Forget them not, for they have sacrificed their today for our tomorrow.

2615.jpg

2616.jpg

2617.jpg

COAS met the officers and soldiers who had sustained injuries involving loss of limbs during active operations. He appreciated their sacrifice, courage and determination to overcome the loss. COAS emphasized the provision of best medical care to rehabilitate the patients, particularly those wounded during operation.

Turkish nurses it seems.

Anyways, not only those who scarified, we must remember their families too..

2.jpg

11-year-old Pakistani girl Wajiha drives a three-wheel rickshaw in Tangi, a town 125 kilometres from Islamabad, in the heart of the northwestern region troubled by a Taliban insurgency. Wajiha is the only girl driving a rickshaw to earn livelihood for her family.

5.jpg

Inamuddin, father of 11-year-old Pakistani girl Wajiha, becoming emotional as he talks to AFP during an interview outside his house in Tangi. He used to be a proud member of the paramilitary and was badly injured in a Taliban attack on a paramilitary check post in the northwestern valley of Swat in July 2006.

3.jpg

Now she goes to school in the morning and helps her father in the afternoon, when he gets tired.

6.jpg

“I don’t like my daughter going out to work, but I am helpless,” said Inamuddin, showing his wounded leg.

4.jpg

Wajiha weeps as she talks to AFP during an interview outside her house in Tangi.

In Tangi, a town some 125 kilometres from the capital Islamabad, in the heart of the northwestern region troubled by a Taliban insurgency, 11-year-old Wajiha is the only girl driving a motorcycle rickshaw.

Her father Inamuddin used to be a proud member of the paramilitary but in July 2006 he was badlyinjured in a Taliban attack on his paramilitary check post in the northwestern valley of Swat.

After two years in hospital, he was discharged from service with a withered leg and bought a rickshaw for 40,000 rupees ($465) with his pension. At first he worked alone, and sometimes Wajiha would sit up front with him for fun. But when she realised how painful he found his wounded leg, shetook on solo shifts to earn more money.

Now she goes to school in the morning and helps her father in the afternoon, when he gets tired.

“I don’t like my daughter going out to work, but I am helpless,” said Inamuddin. Wajiha said she likes to help.

“I feel good to help my father, I also enjoy the drive, it is easy to drive motorcycle rickshaw and earn some money for the family,” she said.

“I make 150 rupees ($1.70) from three trips a day,” she said as she parked the rickshaw and ran into her home – text and photos by AFP.

"It is courage, courage, courage, that raises the blood of life to crimson splendor. Live bravely and present a brave front to adversity." - Horace

Please note that the dignity in great adversity shown by the whole nation of Pakistan (except its rotten rulers) knows no uniform; it is displayed by civilians and fauijis alike.

There is still a lot of confusion about this operation. three versions been floating around.

1. Major Afaaq and his 3 men belonged to Military Intelligence and died during operation on chanbaal mountains

2. Major Afaq and his team of MI went to chanbal mountains of chakwal for a recce mission to find out about LeJ. they were kidnapped during recce. kidnappers demanded 20 man against these 4 men.Operation Launched to save them but kidnappers killed them during operation and got killed in return.

3. Dr, Arshad and other LeJ members killed Major Afaaq and his team just before the rescue operation started and the ran away without anyone being caught so whole operation became unsuccessful

Daily Express News Story

Back
Top Bottom