What's new

A Pakistani couple, abducted from Nepal, tortured in India :AHRC

Send me home, says Pakistani woman - The Hindu

With a Delhi court order tucked in her handbag allowing her to visit her country Pakistan, Sofia Kanwal, once wrongly branded an ISI agent, has been sitting outside the Pakistan High Commission here for three days now.

In dire need of funds, Sofia needs Rs.3 lakh from the High Commission to be deposited with the court as surety so as to be able to leave for Pakistan. She even speaks of committing suicide outside the High Commission if she is not helped.

“I will commit suicide. I have had enough and now am left with no other option. I am living in such poor condition here. First my husband and I were termed spies and when no case was made out, we were left on the streets,” says Sofia, who claims to be a Commerce graduate from Karachi.

She and her husband have been sitting on a pavement outside the High Commission with an appeal that since she is a Pakistani citizen, she be helped by the Commission to visit her mother and children living there.

The Delhi Police had arrested 36-year-old Sofia and her husband in November 2011 from Nepal border and branded them spies. She was allegedly accused of hatching plans to kill Narendra Modi when he was the Chief Minister of Gujarat. However, the charge sheet filed by the police didn’t say a word about them being spies and merely invoked charges of illegal entry into India. She and her spouse are out on bail at present.

Living their lives off charity, they now want that at least Sofia should visit their family back home.

A High Commission official said details of Sofia have been sent to Pakistan to ascertain her claim of nationality.

The Commission has, however, given them Rs.11,900 for meeting their daily needs, claims Sofia.

Yet another case of half eaten moth eaten news.

what happened to journalist standards.

Why no mention of why they were in Nepal.

How did they get to the border with India

What were they doing so close to Indian areas to get caught.

And what the heck her husband is doing or saying.

Pathetic news.

dare I say.

thats the message to all the stupid Pakistanis blinded by aman ka tamasha-
you go visit india- then dont cry later when you are targeted-
Really.. you want to Nail your High Commission's failure on India..

thats the message to all the stupid Pakistanis blinded by aman ka tamasha-
you go visit india- then dont cry later when you are targeted-

sir they arrested them when they where trying to enter india illegally from nepal , security agencies are supposed to look at everyone from the eyes of suspicion , its their job and here there is enough grounds for them to suspect these people accused . Why was a pakistani trying to enter india from nepal .

Pakistan has been using our neighbors and other countries in the region as a base to spread anti-indian activities . Hijacking our airlines and taking them to afghanistan , support to terrorism in bangladesh , high presence of ISI agents in nepal and use of sri lanka to spread terror in tamil nadu module . Sir i hope you understand that such activities by pakistan will bring only disharmony in the whole region and even the innocent people who genuinely want friendship will be seen with suspicion .

In the above case our security agencies should thoroughly investigate the matter and if still no evidence is found against them the gov of india should help these people to go back to their country .

sir they arrested them when they where trying to enter india illegally from nepal ,
they were arrested from Nepal border- nepal border would be inside india- no where it is stated that they were illegally trying to enter india- had that been the case- this couple would have been charged with spying- with no bail- or court orders in the purse with permission to leave the country- for her to be sitting outside Pakistan High Commission- that means they have been done wrong-

The rest of your post is also the usual indian blabbering-

Yet another case of half eaten moth eaten news.

what happened to journalist standards.

Why no mention of why they were in Nepal.

How did they get to the border with India

What were they doing so close to Indian areas to get caught.

And what the heck her husband is doing or saying.

Pathetic news.

dare I say.

very true sir , there are thousands of pakistanies who come to india for various reasons with a proper visa . They never face any problem .

some come as tourists , some come to meet their relatives , some come for good friendship with india .
they are very warmly welcomed by us and are treated well . Even during the semi final match between india and pakistan all the pakistani supporters who came where welcomed by indians . But the above case is completely different .

they were arrested from Nepal border- nepal border would be inside india- no where it is stated that they were illegally trying to enter india- had that been the case- this couple would have been charged with spying- with no bail- or court orders in the purse with permission to leave the country- for her to be sitting outside Pakistan High Commission- that means they have been done wrong-

The rest of your post is also the usual indian blabbering-

sir what would be your reaction if you see indians at af-pak region .

Back
Top Bottom