What's new

A New Islamabad across Margallas, linked by a tunnel

Build an awesome city in deserts, like in Dubai/LA/Nevada, Why wasting green land?

Well that indeed is an interesting angle to this...

There is definitely some mega corruption here...I can bet my butt on it.

The story is that it will be linked to motorway; bottom line is the land which will be required is of Ch Nisar.

Invest same amount of money in Gawadar & compete with Dubai instead of destroying natural beauty of Pakistan. Stupid idea i must say

there r a lot of issues in gawadar panjabis r getting killed they say agar mohamad pbuh bhee panjabi hotay to hum aunn ko bhe manay say ainkar kar detay and west china still needed to be developed

instead of planting trees .. this stupid govt is is planting more concrete.. why don't they build high rise building on constitution avenue if this is the requirement... not good for environment.. and what is this new airport near rawat??? what about existing one which was under bloody construction... there is no rule of law in pakistan.. projects are made as the powerful politicians please... :(
also to add ... Nawaz Sharif says that he wants to solve the energy crisis and in the next breath he talks about building hundreds of thousands of new homes ... i think hundreds of thousand of new homes (if constructed) will need alot of electricity and where on earth will that come from since we already hav a severe shortage of it ... someone plz shed light ???

188.gif

Its rather the population density is higher. And even with that in some parts of Punjab and Sindh (e.g. Karachi and Lahore) the population density is alarmingly high. However, there are parts (South Punjab and Interior Sindh) where the population density is very low. Something called heterogeneous population explosion.

You should focus every Penny you have on Sino-Pak Economic Corridor & Gwadar Port
The Trade Benefits & the Competition to Dubai alone would Generate huge $$
This can later be used to fund Power Projects in the Country

Although i fail to Understand why Nawaz AKA Ganja wants a Twin capital
Just Build cities in Baluchistan Punjab & Sindh needs to be De congested

i bet its a 12 billion $ TOPI DRAMA

well here is my reason to it:-

1. the Burj Khalifa alone costed $1.5 Billion this just being a tunnel cost's over this !!!!! (Burj Khalifa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
2. the Centaurus still today remains uncompleted, the report does not even name it !!!!!
3. the terminal 3 in dubai costed around $4.55 billion ( Dubai International Airport - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

and i know the report does comprise of
1. a new airport
2. land acquisition
3. ring road

but these expenses can certainly not lead to a whopping $12 billion !!!!!

This idea was launched during Musharraf era, remember hearing about it on tv.
I think Malik Riaz was interested in it, this is why Sharif is taking over... due to his childish habits.

I think Malik Riaz was interested in it, this is why Sharif is taking over... due to his childish habits.
This is a CDA project to generate revenue. it will generate billions of dollars !!!

It has nothing to do with musharaf or nawaz.

a year ago or so i heard that CDA had been busy buying land and even mountains (to enlarge Islamabad) so this scheme is pretty old but the im not quite sure of the expenditure as :-
the $12 billion may include
purchase of land, the new airport, may be roads aswell and etc...

well im not sure of who/which era launched the expansion but it was in process even in zardaris era.

@khanboy007

So i'm not the only kid who used to imagine that as a child :D

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Through Foreign and Local investments of course.

Investment (total) for Pakistan has been under $1 billion annually for quite some time now.

Shouldn't this money rather go to solving the energy crisis which is not only holding back development but also making life unbearable for all Pakistani's?

Bullet train v2.

The so called :

$50-100 Billion investments from UAE and American Firms...

Rail Projects (Gwadar to Kashgar, Bullet Train)...

Road Links (Lowari Tunnel)...

High Rise Buildings (KPT Tower, IT Tower, Clifton Tower, Hyatt Tower, World Trade Center, Bahria Twin Towers, Sheikh Zyed Tower, Gwadar)...

Mass Transit Systems (Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad) ...

^^ Mushi, Zardari, or Riaz. In last 15 years, these projects never got materialized...all nothing but drama and corruption....

Its on record. Whatever projects Sharifs made public in the past, it got implemented in time....

dil tu chahta hai in dono ganjoo ki tind ko apas mein ragar doon! what the hell they are doing?

Back
Top Bottom