What's new

A new dawn for Japan and Philippines: Japan requests access to military bases in the Philippines

FREEDOM OF NAVIGATION
Yeah, its true that only VN-PH will help US-JP to maintain freedom of navigation in SCS(east sea) while others in ASEAN willing to 'help' CN to make situation in SCS(east sea) get worse.

So , its high time for US-JP to pull out all investment from those 'bad ASEAN guys' and pour into VN-PH so that we (VN-PH) can continue to keep peace and freedom of navigation there :)

Beechcraft TC-90 King Air planes can be easily maintained and bought and cheaper

Lockheed Martin P3-C aircraft will be expensive to maintain and also you will exp. well Japan can help in there also

This is an interesting asset for the PH Army.

89ifv.jpg

89ifv.jpg

With specific regards to the Philippines', I think acquisition of such anti-infantry platforms is logical, and we can expect Japan to cooperate in delivery. I am in the position as well as many of the JSDF would agree with me that the Philippines needs surface to air, as well as surface to surface (ship) missile platforms in the near-term future. I believe that Japan may (and most likely) provide the platforms. This may be a realization sooner than we may think as with the Oyster Bay Naval Base -- if the JMSDF will station semi-permanent / rotation-focused naval assets there, we will require constant surface to surface, surface to air missile platforms to protect our assets as well as the Philippine Naval assets in proximity.

I believe that stationing at least 1 Atago Class BMD should be rotated constantly in the Philippines; either in Oyster Bay, Subic, to Manila Bay.

----

For the Philippines, I think the AFP is more oriented towards practicality, adaptability and affordability, quality paltforms.

So thus I think these would be a great asset for the AFP (Navy, Air Force, and Army)

93式近距離地対空誘導弾 (93shiki-kinkyori-titaiku-yudodan) ---- The Type 93 Surface to Air Missile Platform

JGSDF_Koukidousha_%28TOYOTA%29_10.jpg

93SAMBL30.jpg

jsdf-17-22.JPG

These can be placed strategically throughout the main cities in the Philippines, as well as throughout Philippine Air Force, Army, Navy Bases to provide immediate anti-air capability.

Eventually, I would like to see the Philippines' Armed Forces upgrade to higher tier missile defense platforms that Japan can field for Manila. WE can make Manila bristling to the teeth. :)

M_Id_374810_japan_missile.jpg

AJ201203200072M.jpg

japan.si.jpg

;)

89ifv.jpg

My friend, the Philippines is a vast archipelago of 7100 islands, with rugged terrain, making it a perfect area for constant guerilla warfare, in fact, this was the case with Japan when my country and your country went to war many many years ago, the Filipino Scouts were deadly in ambush warfare, and was a constant threat for the Imperial Army. Due to the terrain of the Philippines , tank warfare is not practical unless one gains beachhead and establishes a command and control zone; any PLA -related strike would meet stiff resistance from the PA if they were equipped with the JGSDF's Type 01 LMAT.

In fact, I believe the Philippine Army should equip every single battalion with at least 2 squads specifically dedicated int anti-tank warfare. What's amazing about the Type 01 LMAT is that it is adaptable; it can be used for anti-tank, anti-artillery purposes, but can also be used for anti-infantry purposes. :)

And they're deadly accurate, too. Imagine the outcome! :)

17.jpg

images

images

So , its high time for US-JP to pull out all investment from those 'bad ASEAN guys' and pour into VN-PH so that we (VN-PH) can continue to keep peace and freedom of navigation there :)

There is only one country that has been vocal in ASEAN and has gone against the majority, even arguably played as a 5th column. And that is Cambodia.

However, I'm sure and quite confident that the Vietnamese will be more than willing (and able) to keep an influence in Cambodia.

Any problem has a solution, my friend. ;)

PH is more like a place for light tank and light vehicles
i am waiting what are the weapons Japans will make for exporting

My friend, the Philippines is a vast archipelago of 7100 islands, with rugged terrain, making it a perfect area for constant guerilla warfare, in fact, this was the case with Japan when my country and your country went to war many many years ago, the Filipino Scouts were deadly in ambush warfare, and was a constant threat for the Imperial Army. Due to the terrain of the Philippines , tank warfare is not practical unless one gains beachhead and establishes a command and control zone; any PLA -related strike would meet stiff resistance from the PA if they were equipped with the JGSDF's Type 01 LMAT.

In fact, I believe the Philippine Army should equip every single battalion with at least 2 squads specifically dedicated int anti-tank warfare. What's amazing about the Type 01 LMAT is that it is adaptable; it can be used for anti-tank, anti-artillery purposes, but can also be used for anti-infantry purposes. :)

Well I remember reading in a military blog (I think it was Max Defense) that the PH Army would need a lot of AFVs - the current inventory (M113s, AIFVs, ACV-300/15s) as well as the incoming assets from US and Israel is not enough.

I am not sure if the M113 alone is enough, specially that only the M113s from Israel have arrived, whereas those from US haven't arrived.

As for the missile assets, you are right there, but it seems it has been shelved, though there is no news about the said proposal to buy American-made RPG-7s.

Sure why not i would love to see that the question is if Japan would loan us the money to pay for all of that?

There is only one country that has been vocal in ASEAN and has gone against the majority, even arguably played as a 5th column. And that is Cambodia.

However, I'm sure and quite confident that the Vietnamese will be more than willing (and able) to keep an influence in Cambodia.

Your 'solution' never work if u keep trading wt 'bad ASEAN guys'. Do u know why ?? bcz u and those 'bad ASEAN guys' r capitalist nations, and capitalist nations always willing to kill themselves for Money.

------------------

"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." ...Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

Your 'solution' never work if u keep trading wt 'bad ASEAN guys'. Do u know why ?? bcz u and those 'bad ASEAN guys' r capitalist nations, and capitalist nations always willing to kill themselves for Money.

------------------

"The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them." ...Vladimir Ilyich Lenin

We all are capitalist in some way, my friend , trading is the lifeline of nations these days. Even our dear and beloved fraternal brother nation of Viet Nam --- is also a capitalist nation, in fact trade between Viet Nam with Japan and USA is in favor for Viet Nam. Balance of trade favors Hanoi. :)

Cheers my Vietnam Bro!
:)

Sure why not i would love to see that the question is if Japan would loan us the money to pay for all of that?

Instead of the M113, we could at least acquire ACV-300/ACV-15 from Turkey or K200 from South Korea, along with vehicles such as the Type 89 from Japan, CV-90 from Sweden, Marder from Germany, or if possible, the BMP-3 from Russia.That would increase the capability of the mechanized infantry division of the PH Army.

Also, instead of relying on V-150s and Simba APCs, which should be supplemented or replace by MRAP vehicles which could protect soldiers from IEDs.

Last edited:
We all are capitalist in some way, my friend , trading is the lifeline of nations these days. Even our dear and beloved fraternal brother nation of Viet Nam --- is also a capitalist nation, in fact trade between Viet Nam with Japan and USA is in favor for Viet Nam. Balance of trade favors Hanoi. :)

Cheers my Vietnam Bro!
:)
We r talking abt how to keep peace and free navigation in SCS (east VN sea), right ?? The truth is that VN-PH r simply too small to contain a big nation like CN in SCS(east sea),specially when there r some ASEAN nations that willing to 'help' CN (keep trading wt CN to make CN richer) to make situation get worse.

JP-US economies also look not good now, do u think JP alone can contain CN in SCS(east sea) when VN-PH feel tired to keep peace there (coz we r poor while ASEAN nations like Sing-Malay-Thai do Nothing good in SCS but still rich thanked for JP-US investments) ?? What happen to JP when CN take control of SCS(east sea) ??

17.jpg

images

images

Instead of the M113, we could at least acquire ACV-300/ACV-15 from Turkey or K200 from South Korea, along with vehicles such as the Type 89 from Japan, CV-90 from Sweden, Marder from Germany, or if possible, the BMP-3 from Russia. That would increase the capability of the mechanized infantry division of the PH Army.

Also, instead of relying on V-150s and Simba APCs, which should be supplemented or replace by MRAP vehicles which could protect soldiers from IEDs.

Instead of the M113, we could at least acquire ACV-300/ACV-15 from Turkey or K200 from South Korea, along with vehicles such as the Type 89 from Japan, CV-90 from Sweden, Marder from Germany, or if possible, the BMP-3 from Russia.That would increase the capability of the mechanized infantry division of the PH Army.

Yes and alot of patria's from Finland

Back
Top Bottom