What's new

A NEW AIRCRAFT FOR PAF

The "new" Aircraft for PAF has to be F-16SV Block 70. I don't see any other possible alternative.

We could order a Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier from France for the cost of barely 1 squadron of the Typhoon

F-16 Block 70 is best choice
Even the UAE which has ordered the latest Blk62 does not have Blk70. It is nothing less than the imagination of the media which you keep parroting. Now would be a good time to stop.

Secondly, PAF cannot even get "V" and you talk about Blk70/62. Why?

Can you list the squadron they are assigned too?

The mirages as claimed are not so bad. I can say pretty surely that they have constant spares support and are capable. They will be replaced at their own pace.

Not very far back in history you all bought the whole Libyan fleet. That has kept the fleet going.
The F-16 Squadrons are
1- No. 5 Squadron (F-16s C/D Block 52)
2- No. 9 Squadron (F-16s A/B Block 15 EMLU)
3- No. 11 Squadron (F-16s A/B Block 15 EMLU)
4- No. 19 Squadron (F-16s A/B Block 15 ADF)
5- CCS Squadron (May be 4-6 F16s)

Total no. of F-16s in PAF inventory is 76 (31+14+13+18).

JF-17s Squadrons
1- No. 16 Squadron (Block 1)
2- No. 26 Squadron (Block 1)
3- No. 2 Squadron (Block 1+2)
4- No. 14 Squadron (Block 2)
5- CSS Squadron (6 Block 1)

Total number of JF-17s are around 80 in service and some more Block 2 are in testing and evaluation.

Total no. of F-7s are around 120 including F-7P and F-7PGs

Total no. of Mirages are around 130 to 140 including Mirage Rose I, II and III upgrades.

All im saying is that it should probably be considered, the Indians will have 3
ACs will need a whole lot of support for them to function in ancillary ships, Subs, and supply boats, The costs are too high and we dont have blue water aspirations in any case. So what India does does not necessarily have to be replicated just because they have one. We will do enough to keep a rdeterrent value but any more will bankrupt us.
A

Even the UAE which has ordered the latest Blk62 does not have Blk70. It is nothing less than the imagination of the media which you keep parroting. Now would be a good time to stop.

Secondly, PAF cannot even get "V" and you talk about Blk70/62. Why?
Remember India just order 2 squadrons of the rafale, I don't see any other alternative (su-35 may be possible) But an F-16 Block 70(even 60) would be a good pick. I don't see you "parroting" any better ideas, if not then leave.

get out of your fairy-tales and fantasy world:rofl:
Sure maybe we should order some more F-7's? Got any better ideas? An F-16 Block 70 (or even 60) would be best counter to the Rafale, It would be a better option over the Su-35

ACs will need a whole lot of support for them to function in ancillary ships, Subs, and supply boats, The costs are too high and we dont have blue water aspirations in any case. So what India does does not necessarily have to be replicated just because they have one. We will do enough to keep a rdeterrent value but any more will bankrupt us.
A
Thailand operates an Aircraft Carrier, their defence budget is actually lower the ours.

Last edited:
We could order a Nuclear Powered Aircraft Carrier from France for the cost of barely 1 squadron of the Typhoon

F-16 Block 70 is best choice
I think you don't remember US sanctions on Pakistan in 90s.

If bitten second time from same hole, it would be mother of all blunders.

Due to the nature of my job, I cannot reveal too much. Nonetheless Indus Falcon is a wolf in sheep's clothing. I hope you got the message.
Lolz,
yea i got the message and have some idea already. The thing is that the argument is about IRST range and whether it will remain the SAME against Stealth Planes, especially the ones using heat masking techniques and i do not thik there will be any disagreement there. Or you think that a stated range of, for example, 80Km will be EXACTLY same against the planes using heat signature masking techniques? :)

No hard feelings @Indus Falcon , i appreciate you inputs and respect your views. It is just that i do not see how they can be the same.

I think you don't remember US sanctions on Pakistan in 90s.

If bitten second time from same hole, it would be mother of all blunders.
Donald trump is becoming president, maybe relations get better:what:

Sure maybe we should order some more F-7's? Got any better ideas? An F-16 Block 70 (or even 60) would be best counter to the Rafale, It would be a better option over the Su-35
what about J-10C, J-11B and D

what about J-10C, J-11B and D
J-11 aren't exported because of the Russian engines and well.......the entire design, not to mention India has 270 of the MKI's
And I've heard our Air Marshals are not very fond of the J-10, we would have had it along time ago but the PAF wanted the F-16 Block 52+

Last edited:
J-11 aren't exported because of the Russian engines and well.......the entire design
And I've heard our Air Marshals are not very fond of the J-10
But F-16 block 70 is only a paper plane as we know and what about EF-2000

But F-16 block 70 is only a paper plane as we know and what about EF-2000
An F-16 Block 70 is quite feasible, its based on the Block 60 which is based of the Block 52+. Even the block 60 would be good.
Eurofighter is great, but its just so expensive to buy and operate. An F-16V would cost 1/3 of a Eurofighter.

F 16 block 70,Eurofighter and rafale are very expensive and not a stealth aircraft.We should by 40 J31 stealth fighter plus we can configure it by our needs. I would love to see that combination in 2030.
200 JF17,40 SU 35 ,40 JF31 AND 110 F16.
SO WE CAN COUNTER IAF AERIAL DOMINANCE.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom