What's new

A NEW AIRCRAFT FOR PAF

We g
Sure, turn your search RADAR on. Announce where you are to the whole world. When attacking you are trying to avoid detection; not scream "shoot me".

You are right about AWACS, the Indias will certainly use AWACS to support their own forces, OTH, you have a much larger Area and 3 (as opposed to 8 for us) AWACS.
we got 6 awacs 3 saab n 3 y8 shinaxi

Still not cost effective
it is more expensive than machine guns

So unlikely, sadly! Suppose Pakistan asks for Rafales.
Let's be wild and imagine the number is 60. Hearing of
it, GoI offers to buy twice as much for exclusivity. They
thus go up to about 180 ACs which is their need anyhow
and Pakistan still gets none.

That's one immense advantage of a deal with local prod :
it gives you more leverage on sales in your vicinity.

Good day to you, Tay.

you will make India broke
120 x $200 = $24 billion

you will make India broke
120 x $200 = $24 billion

LOLOLOL Those made in India won't cost as much and even for a re-buy,
the lead-in costs will be immensely smaller.

Lead-in costs are sums that allow the buyer to make proper use of its acquisition.
Think of your car or bike and the special tool kit you bought for maintenance. If
you buy another car of the same model, you don't need nor buy another kit, right?
So those go away at least in part. You likely will not spend as much to adapt bases
either if enough planes are available as they'll be distributed all around.
You won't pay twice for the integration of foreign weapons and systems nor for the
definition of an Indian standard nor for ToT and nor yet for training grease monkeys
& pilots?

These sort of things are one-offs or buys spaced a long time apart over the service life.
They almost disappear after you complete the initial deal.

Good day, Tay.

LOLOLOL Those made in India won't cost as much and even for a re-buy,
the lead-in costs will be immensely smaller.

Lead-in costs are sums that allow the buyer to make proper use of its acquisition.
Think of your car or bike and the special tool kit you bought for maintenance. If
you buy another car of the same model, you don't need nor buy another kit, right?
So those go away at least in part. You likely will not spend as much to adapt bases
either if enough planes are available as they'll be distributed all around.
You won't pay twice for the integration of foreign weapons and systems nor for the
definition of an Indian standard nor for ToT and nor yet for training grease monkeys
& pilots?

These sort of things are one-offs or buys spaced a long time apart over the service life.
They almost disappear after you complete the initial deal.

Good day, Tay.
I understand your argument
120 x 125 million = $15 billion instead of $24 billion
It is a large sum

Bro you are still missing the point. He was stating 50Km for stealth planes!!! Not the announced 90km range of IRST. However the thing is that IRST will prove to be much more effective against stealth and jamming as compared to radars.
Sir, why don't you speak to khafee and ask him how the desert vipers have run circles around the f22 with a decade+ old IRST system.

Best Regards:cheers:

If you speak strictly in regards to loss in quality and quantity then we lost both in the past 15 years. While IAF inducted the highly capable SU-30MKI, which will soon be upgraded to Super MKI, we are stuck on Block 52+ for 18 and Block 50 for some 60 F-16's in addition to JF-17 which still has some way to go.

Our dawn and our sunset has been the F-16 which would no doubt still be a considerable asset if upgraded to Block 60+ with AESA radars and in quantity exceeding atleast 150.......neither is going to happen and so PAF probably has lost the battle before it even began.

I can only hope for a challenging J-31.
Yes but F. 16 with AESA forget it chapter is closed PAF is way behind it has to start from scratch

J 31 Needs 10 years to mature we don't have time war is imminent with Indians nature of thumping drums of war and irresponsible people like modi in govt we must not be at risk remember if we have no balance in power we are going to complete destruction as we use our last resort nukes which is not good better we buy credible fighter jet west has to understand if they won't help Pakistan to keep balance of power at par with India than no one is going to be winner either

SU 35
Eurofighter are the main contender to keep balance in power between PAF and iaf both are available to sell who ever wish to pay and PAF has to decide now

Sir, I'm quite aware of what he was saying, and my reply was in reference to that.

EF's publicly stated range of it's PIRATE (Passive InfraRed Airborne Track Equipment) system is 90km. And since PIRATE was inducted technology has been evolving.

Here are pics of stealth aircrafts via IRST

Those picture are from a Rapier SAM sitting on the ground during an airshow.

Very different situation in the air.

Those picture are from a Rapier SAM sitting on the ground during an airshow.

Very different situation in the air.

Even this?

layggy7luneb5jamunvv.jpg

Cost is not only Issue, Even to get such high price Eurofighter , we need approval from UK, Germany, Italy and Spain as this is multinational project. If any country declines due to indian lobby, then we can't get hands on eurofighters.
Our only option available is J10 C .
While Due to recent relation with U.S.A , it is very difficult to get griphen due to its U.S.A engine.

We can't get hands on above fighters unless we offer better price than face value and excellent relation with those countries.

We are in talks for Su-35's.

Sir, why don't you speak to khafee and ask him how the desert vipers have run circles around the f22 with a decade+ old IRST system.

Best Regards:cheers:
Well i have read about that event as well, it was reported a few years back as well as far as i remember. At least that was when it first happened and was reported.
Again, there is more to it than meets the eye. Again i might not go into a lot of details but just to drop a hint, IRST are the among the most effective systems against jamming, stealth in a plane is incorporated by a mix of jamming, RCS reduction and heat signature masking. :) Thus the different in specified range and the detection range against stealth. 50Km is still more than enough to run circles around a plane dear. :)
I hope you understand what i was trying to point out. @Khafee will also be able to confirm that there is some difference in detection range for stealth and non-stealth specially when heat masking is being used. That is the difference originally pointed out and what started this little argument. Anyway, it was quite informative and enlightening. Thank you.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom