What's new

A NEW AIRCRAFT FOR PAF

Is there any realistic chance of this happening anytime soon? I think Eurofighter is more of a wishful thinking at this point and I agree with the senior members that Su-35 is almost impossible to pull. Is there any chance Russia will approve China to provide J-11B/C or something?

We can get the Su-35, although I think the PAF would want something more familiar from the West or China.

Even for maintenance & servicing contracts most of the money is spent in manufacturing/acquisition of new parts & systems and in refurbishing or repair of old parts/systems.
There are other costs too such as tools, machines and equipment required for servicing and overhaul of aircraft.

In it's 2012 annual report Lockheed Martin mentioned that of all the F-16s(both USAF & others), it refurbished and serviced in the past three years, it's profit was only 2.38% of the revenue earned from this activity.

And I've took the price down a little,the Kuweitis paid like 320 million$/piece but I figured that Pakistanis,being more professional,won't pay for every bolt to be nailed by European contractors,so I estimated at 250.

No offence but with my stats back ground I can actually predict what the PAF will evolve to in nos and composition between today and 2025 AND I would feel I would be fairly close to reality.

its fairly clear what will happen both in PAF & IAF and even the arab air forces near us.

These negotiations start years before frutition

And I've took the price down a little,the Kuweitis paid like 320 million$/piece but I figured that Pakistanis,being more professional,won't pay for every bolt to be nailed by European contractors,so I estimated at 250.

If Pakistan is going to buy something like the Eurofighter (HIGHLY unlikely), then it would be in very small quantities, like 16 at most.

We can get the Su-35, although I think the PAF would want something more familiar from the West or China.
Pakistan doesn't have the political leverage to convince Russia to sell us Su-35. Russia won't do anything which can possibly irk India, like it or not.

Back
Top Bottom