What's new

A NEW AIRCRAFT FOR PAF

hehe....English man is saying typhoon is better than other. Why would i believe that? how about getting neutral?
well the rafael is kinda better in a2g roles i guess, whilst the eft is better in a2a roles
but i prefer the typhoon
Eurofighter-Typhoon-eurofighter-typhoon-1920x1080.jpg

Last edited:
The typhoons where designed with a veiw to defending Europe against the massive flankers and mig 29. Threat.

Twin engines with super cruise.New generation turbofan engines very low rcs incredible twr speed and agility..

Of course world class hms and ew suites.

Finally meteore ram jet missiles with new generation pesa radars..

Typhoons are one half generation ahead of the mirage2000/5 and falcons f16/52....

Believe me take out money aside this is the best air defense fighter in the world bar f22 raptor.

You want to answer the 272, su30mki you can't buy better than Euro fighters .....

Kuwait agreed to pay around $9bn U.S. for 28 Eurofighter Typhoons. Granted, the batch they're getting are going to be equipped with a new AESA radar, and they may be picking up a hefty support package along with it too. But with all that aside, can we expect anything less than $10 billion U.S. for 40 aircraft?

We'd have to let the Europeans somehow access those offshore accounts of our leaders in order to get financing for such a deal. It wouldn't be the worst exchange - i.e. let Italian mobsters have a look at those Dubai properties, or let INTERPOL reign in on the stuff sitting in London.

My two cents.

1) Typhoon - Convincing four different nations with four very different foreign policy will not be a cake walk for Pakistan's FO. Then, there is the matter of money. Kuwait is buying 28 for $9 billion. This order is more more similar to Pakistan's.

2) Su-35 - Sure why not? All I can say is if Russians are selling Su-35 to Pakistan, you might as well add Yasen class to the list.

Trust me Pakistan is buying third 4.5th Generation Fighter and SU-35 from Russia and Euro Fighter from Italy are most easy option. If Russia decides to sell us SU-35 believe me India can't stop this deal
we all can just assume and wish why you are so sure that it will Su-35, are you in PAF? let wait and see

The typhoons where designed with a veiw to defending Europe against the massive flankers and mig 29. Threat.

Twin engines with super cruise.New generation turbofan engines very low rcs incredible twr speed and agility..

Of course world class hms and ew suites.

Finally meteore ram jet missiles with new generation pesa radars..

Typhoons are one half generation ahead of the mirage2000/5 and falcons f16/52....

Believe me take out money aside this is the best air defense fighter in the world bar f22 raptor.

You want to answer the 272, su30mki you can't buy better than Euro fighters .....

I m hoping too that we'll go for UK as India went for french Rafael. UK and France are also rivals of each other. Imagine Pakistan is flying English Typhoon and India is on French Rafael. It will be interestingly funny. As far as talent, training and tech you guys have regarding military stuff, all i can say.......

EP_LongLiveTheQueen.gif

Yes. Spend billions on expensive aircraft from abroad, that will not be able to get of the ground due to sanctions when the first bomb goes off..

Only Chinese aircraft are sanction free, and at least get licensed production at home with ToT.

Not exactly identical, besides, buying a gripen means we can get something to work with the Thunder.
you can go to italy and buy vixen AESA and even ask for same engine from USA or ej2000.
you can make thunder completely western if you want
so why buy a gripen??

PAF wants to buy aircraft with range as good as the CFTs F-16 for strike missions

@Muhammad Omar

Actually Pakistan's defence procurement budget is a mere Rs. 211bn($ 2.05bn)

http://www.dawn.com/news/1262657

So 40 EF-2000 will cost at least $7.5-8 billion thus nearly 4 times Pakistan's defence procurement budget including weapons, training and infrastructure

Similarly 40 Su-35 will cost atleast $4.5 billion including weapons, training and infrastructure.

Pakistan can only afford JH7 And J16
we did pay the same amount of money for F-16s and it was the 1990s and it was out of the budget as strategic procurement.(second installment of F-16 that went through procurement was 3.28 billion dollars that too when our GDP was 4 times smaller, and yes we were in IMF program back than too, it also paid another 3 billion dollars recently for the f-16s)

its a simple question of need, if PAF is able to make its case to Pak army and political leadership than it would happen., do i think it would happen, NO.

should Pakistan do this fast, i think not, if we really want to, we should go for a good deal that would help thunder as well, india was able to drag whole market for over a decade with just proposition of 10 billion dollars

The profit % from maintenance and servicing contracts is very low.Around 3-5% only.
PAC is doing fine, we selling 3 different types of aircraft, one sole product and 2 as joint ventures
most of profits like for any other company will go into development not procurement
but this would lower the cost of thunder that is the main game plan

Pakistani annual procurement budget of 2 billion dollars is a cross four area's

Army
Navy
Airforce
Nuclear weapons including missles.

Even if you split this equally it's a mere 500 million dollars and I am.guessing most of this is going on thunder induction..and spares for existing fleet be it heliocoters or fighters.

A massive induction of a new fighter will have to be met by a new income source and pot of money be that Grant aid or forex reserve or other bank loan from.a potential seller. Ie chengdu if j10 or sukhoi if flankers or very unlikely EADS if buying typhoons

Pakistani annual procurement budget of 2 billion dollars is a cross four area's

Army
Navy
Airforce
Nuclear weapons including missles.

Even if you split this equally it's a mere 500 million dollars and I am.guessing most of this is going on thunder induction..and spares for existing fleet be it heliocoters or fighters.

A massive induction of a new fighter will have to be met by a new income source and pot of money be that Grant aid or forex reserve or other bank loan from.a potential seller. Ie chengdu if j10 or sukhoi if flankers or very unlikely EADS if buying typhoons
Lets see what can PAKISTAN afford with the USD 500 million/annum..
When was the last time PAF procure a good number of aircraft? As per my memory serves me it was way back in the late 90's. PAF had the money to buy 70 F-16 block 52 in 2000 which were not purchased but the money was donated to the flood victims in 2005.

Since 2005 till 2016 the amount can be estimated as USD 5 billion.

Pakistan Army
The last time they procured stuff was the Al Khalid and Howitzers from the USA. This is way back 2003-2005.
They have very deep pockets....

Pakistan Navy Last time they procured some thing decent was in the 90's Agosta 90B Submarines. So they also have approximately USD 5-7 Billion.

Nuclear Missile technology is with Pakistan since the 1960's hence only improvements have taken place....There pockets run deep.

A rough estimate that can be easily arraigned to be aprox USD 15-20 Billion combined. This is enough to get what Pakistan requires for all fields that you have mentioned.

I m hoping too that we'll go for UK as India went for french Rafael. UK and France are also rivals of each other. Imagine Pakistan is flying English Typhoon and India is on French Rafael. It will be interestingly funny. As far as talent, training and tech you guys have regarding military stuff, all i can say.......

EP_LongLiveTheQueen.gif
This should have been done a long time ago...

Back
Top Bottom