What's new

A NEW AIRCRAFT FOR PAF

ACES OF THE AIR

Well if Pakistans pockets are full of cash then my advice lets stop shopping for Jordanian junk F16s which will be sanction threatened and go buy the Euro Fighter Typhoon.

The Saudis have 70 Typhoons and they swear by them. ( But the Saudis defense budget is $80 billion per year) v Pakistans $ 8 billion per year.

The Typhoon with the world class pilots of Pakistan will scare the hell out of the enemy[/QUOTE]

@Muhammad Omar

Actually Pakistan's defence procurement budget is a mere Rs. 211bn($ 2.05bn)

http://www.dawn.com/news/1262657

So 40 EF-2000 will cost at least $7.5-8 billion thus nearly 4 times Pakistan's defence procurement budget including weapons, training and infrastructure

Similarly 40 Su-35 will cost atleast $4.5 billion including weapons, training and infrastructure.

Pakistan can only afford JH7 And J16

Are you paying for that procurement's? by the way we procure F16 with complete package in 2006 around 5.1 billion dollars and that was 10 years before. Pakistan can easily afford three sqdn.

Last edited:
What Pakistan did in 2006 which was at the height of WAR ON TERROR and usa grant aid was pouring in

is totally opposite today

No Grant aid AND no F16./52 but only second hand Jordanian obsolete falcons.

in 2006 your neighbour ordered 270 su30mki TODAY they cant afford 36 rafales.

TIMES CHANGE.....

I will stick my neck out and confidently state the only new fighters coming to PAF between now and 2020 IS

EITHER USED FALCONS from Europe x 40 planes

or

slightly upgraded Thunders x 40 planes

unless

PAK GOVT can make up with USA and get them to part funded 18 more block 52s

Kuwait agreed to pay around $9bn U.S. for 28 Eurofighter Typhoons. Granted, the batch they're getting are going to be equipped with a new AESA radar, and they may be picking up a hefty support package along with it too. But with all that aside, can we expect anything less than $10 billion U.S. for 40 aircraft?

We'd have to let the Europeans somehow access those offshore accounts of our leaders in order to get financing for such a deal. It wouldn't be the worst exchange - i.e. let Italian mobsters have a look at those Dubai properties, or let INTERPOL reign in on the stuff sitting in London.
Sorry, but Arabs are responsible for disturbing prices of fighters and take them away from reach of countries like Pakistan. Arabs are like those investors who in Pakistan have invested in property and property quadruple in matter of months. 150 million $ is more than a fair price for typhoon and Rafael. Arabs have lost the art of bargaining I guess. I mean come on 9 billion dollars for just 28 typhoons as if they are buying some kind of space ship with anti gravitational characteristics

Is there any realistic chance of this happening anytime soon? I think Eurofighter is more of a wishful thinking at this point and I agree with the senior members that Su-35 is almost impossible to pull. Is there any chance Russia will approve China to provide J-11B/C or something?

Could be possible, and it could be worked.

Pakistan has a very good chance of buying JH-7A.

@waz @Khan Sahab

Negative, its a Bomber, PAF would and should seek Multirole Combat Plane.

We can get the Su-35, although I think the PAF would want something more familiar from the West or China.
No, it was the US that made the deal go rotten. Trust me, I am 100% sure that if we tried hard enough, we could get the Gripen.

No, it was the US that made the deal go rotten. Trust me, I am 100% sure that if we tried hard enough, we could get the Gripen.
Gripen chapter is close for PAF its not about US its about to sweden to decide to sell it to pakistan sir

I personally would like them to go for Russian option, with EU there are too many strings attached, even if one nation is on PMS that means we will face the same problems as in F-16

$3.6 billion of the 5.4 billion purchased from US or transferred by US to Pakistan since 2001 was paid by US military according to Congressional Research Service, 2015.

China also provided generous financing terms for JF-17 And F-22P.

Pakistan currently will be never able to afford $10 Billion for 40 EFTs or $5 billion for 40 Su-35s.

ACES OF THE AIR

Well if Pakistans pockets are full of cash then my advice lets stop shopping for Jordanian junk F16s which will be sanction threatened and go buy the Euro Fighter Typhoon.

The Saudis have 70 Typhoons and they swear by them. ( But the Saudis defense budget is $80 billion per year) v Pakistans $ 8 billion per year.

The Typhoon with the world class pilots of Pakistan will scare the hell out of the enemy
[/QUOTE]
PAF would never go for more than 100-110 multi engine aircraft.. So it has to buy more F-16's from the market and also increase the numbers of JF-17's.

The 100 multi engine aircraft would also include 5th generation aircraft. With a requirement of 450-500 aircraft you have to be very care full in selecting what is affordable and up to the standard.

100 F16
100-110 one (EFT / SU-35) & (TFX / F-31)
200-250 JF-17
PAF gets to the 450+ target.

PAF is also looking for a single engine fifth get aircraft. Most likely a development of JF-17 which would replace the block 1 and 2 JF-17's and F-16's

No idea Shah G could be but if it would be FC20 he prabably told us but he kept quite on type for sure its not from China .F16 PAF looking used one not new ones As per Haris .Could be Su or EF these is no other option if we see whole GCC going EF s then chances r we will go for EF 2000 if it's EF then would be through Italy .

No way we will get EF for that we have to get permission from UK, Germany, Italy & we dont have best of relations with UK & Germany besides its too expensive out of our budget. USA & India will definitely intervene to scrap this deal if its in place

Su 35 is the only option if pakistan successfully begs $$$ from arabs. Otherwise some junk f shola. I can bet to anyone for it. Ef2000 cant be possible.

No way we will get EF for that we have to get permission from UK, Germany, Italy & we dont have best of relations with UK & Germany besides its too expensive out of our budget. USA & India will definitely intervene to scrap this deal if its in place
UK would give permission but all three countries are independent in selling EF

UK would give permission but all three countries are independent in selling EF
Can we afford EF?
Su 35 is more possible and feasible except indian pressure but I guess russia will handle that. Dont you think it will be just a media report of false claims.

Pakistan has excellent relations with the UK i.e. Commonwealth, major investor etc. The Germans are ok. No one can intervene to scrap such a deal.

Back
Top Bottom