What's new

A humble request to all PDF admins and moderators

Tshering22

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Dear PDF Moderators and Members,

I am a frequent visitor to your site like many people here. I see that discussions can range from rational and factual issues to downright absurd ones, slowly transitioning into verbal diarrhea by even the most seasoned members. There are times when I have caught myself doing it.

However, this often happens in the following cases:

1. Threads which have provocative titles. Example: Evil____committing atrocities____
  2. Threads with limited or incorrectly represented information. Example: ____ creating internment camps for______ and ____ millions
  3. Threads which highlight the day to day happenings, including crimes, arson etc. Example: _______ tendencies increasing in ______ due to ______ religion/culture/community etc
This is a defence forum; we discuss matters which affect whole countries and even continents. Yes internal security is also important, but not to the level where random crime across any of the countries need to be discussed. This often results in mud-slinging and cherry-picking on issues that all the represented countries on PDF, face.

Let's face it; crime, social issues, tensions etc are present in every country (except probably Iceland). Whether it is religious riots in the countries of the Subcontinent, ethnic tensions in East Asia, racism in European countries etc, there are problems. Each of them are facing these which do not essentially link themselves to the defence or homeland security's concerns. More or less, these are localised troubles which are being dealt with local police or other enforcement authorities.

Therefore, it is a humble request to moderators to consider adding this to the list of topics which do not really add value to the forum as a whole.

Defence.pk has stretched its scope past defence affairs and rolling back would be an inexpediant shift. A better suited option is to rename it to Global Affairs. It will be imprudent to restrict the discussions to military topics as diversifying the forum will attract more traffic. It started off as a defence forum, doesnt mean it has to remain unalterable throughout, when prospects entailed with change, appear bright.

Let's face it; crime, social issues, tensions etc are present in every country (except probably Iceland). Whether it is religious riots in the countries of the Subcontinent, ethnic tensions in East Asia, racism in European countries etc, there are problems. Each of them are facing these which do not essentially link themselves to the defence or homeland security's concerns. More or less, these are localised troubles which are being dealt with local police or other enforcement authorities.
Okey!

So, we can discuss "internationalized" troubles like Israeli-Palestinian conflict, Rohingya Genocide by burma, India-Pakistan conflicts over Kashmir, etc etc?

Back
Top Bottom