What's new

A Homeland for Indian Muslims

Tipu Sultan is viewed very positively in Pakistan and many Pakistanis are named after him. His name is very popular, just like the name Aurangzeb, Babur, Iqbal, etc.

Why are the Hindu right demonizing him? He was very fair and just to Hindus.

He would have succeeded in his war against the British, if the Nawab of Hyderabad had not sided against him. This shows that whenever Muslims are in disunity, outsiders take advantage.

He wasn't fair or just to hindus. Please don't talk about stuff you don't know of.

Tipu Sultan is viewed very positively in Pakistan and many Pakistanis are named after him. His name is very popular, just like the name Aurangzeb, Babur, Iqbal, etc.

Why are the Hindu right demonizing him? He was very fair and just to Hindus.

He would have succeeded in his war against the British, if the Nawab of Hyderabad had not sided against him. This shows that whenever Muslims are in disunity, outsiders take advantage.

Anyone who fought the British is viewed negatively by the Sanghis.

The Sanghis were the biggest bootlickers of the British.

Translation:
Jamahir - we can deal with you because you don't oppose with much of what we are doing to "those" Muslims. You will be among the last marched to the gas chambers

Lol. Little do they know brother @jamahir scathing critiques of Hindutva and defense of Indian Muslims.

They might change their tune later.

He wasn't fair or just to hindus. Please don't talk about stuff you don't know of.

You think facts change depending on religion?

He was loved by Muslims and Hindus of Mysore alike.

Translation:
Jamahir - we can deal with you because you don't oppose with much of what we are doing to "those" Muslims. You will be among the last marched to the gas chambers

No, never, it is not like that, you are making valid arguments, and you hit home with your Jewish supporters of Palestine argument, be under no misapprehensions about that. But @jamahir has endeared himself to many of us with his steadfast upholding of his world-view. I hope you too will see that he is honest and sincere and transparent, and will accept him as a man of integrity, whether wholly in agreement with you or not is an entirely different matter.

@jamahir Of all the Indian Muslims on this forum (actually I doubt some of them are even Indian Muslims), you are definitely one of the most progressive and enlightened. I may not agree with some of your views (no one can agree to anyone on all the points) but I can assure you that if majority of Muslims were like you, not just India but most of the world would have been at peace.

I have observed most Muslims want to go back to being regressive instead of progressive but you want the opposite and that's very crucial. I have said this earlier and I repeat again, it's very very important for humanity to be atleast somewhat in sync to progress as a whole.

Scratch this to 'Of all Muslims on the forum, you are one of the most progressive and enlightened'.
*Any thread exists*
no one :

literally no one :

@jamahir : Gaddafi and Nasser are gOdS.

- Jamahir in a nutshell

No offence Jamahir bhai, I had to say this but I respect you too :smitten:

I don't know what he's like but many of his posts are atleast logical.

I have to eat my words before you; that was a generous compliment to @jamahir. My best regards, Sir.

*Any thread exists*
no one :

literally no one :

- Jamahir in a nutshell

No offence Jamahir bhai, I had to say this but I respect you too :smitten:

You scoundrel. :D

Lol. Little do they know brother @jamahir scathing critiques of Hindutva and defense of Indian Muslims.

You think facts change depending on religion?

He was loved by Muslims and Hindus of Mysore alike.

He wasn't. He was like Aurangazeb. Do you even know where is Mysore and who lives there?

Anyone who fought the British is viewed negatively by the Sanghis.

The Sanghis were the biggest bootlickers of the British.

That's the lamest argument ever. People who fought the British the most were the Maratha empire and the Afghans. We hate neither.

No, never, it is not like that, you are making valid arguments, and you hit home with your Jewish supporters of Palestine argument, be under no misapprehensions about that. But @jamahir has endeared himself to many of us with his steadfast upholding of his world-view. I hope you too will see that he is honest and sincere and transparent, and will accept him as a man of integrity, whether wholly in agreement with you or not is an entirely different matter.

Not questioning his integrity or his freedom to express his beliefs.

However, if you are being praised by Sanghis, you are doing something wrong.

Increased religiosity... take that Golden Age thread for instance. Do you really think some of the members there really know Islam ? That picture there in post# 2 really shows what most Muslims have sadly become.

But I agree with you that there is an increase in the world what many Muslims take to be Muslim values but which are not.

Lol, I found that meme pretty apt as well. It is right on point.

Perhaps we differ on the goals, but I think all Muslims realize the present situation cannot last.

This is what Allama Iqbal struggled his whole life to do, to instill confidence back into the Muslim psyche.

Yes, there need to be a popularization of what Muslims were just decades ago, when legends like Mandela and Carlos ( the jackal ) found ideological solidarity with enlightened Muslims.

I very much like Iran's diplomacy in Latin America, and I have been a strong proponent of Pakistan getting involved there. Africa too, esp Muslim Africa, is wide open for Muslim nations to build deeper relations. That is something positive that Libya did.

Leftists of Latin America seem to be natural allies of Muslim countries, with the same grievances and struggles against Western imperialis..

Now that the tide is turning, we should support them before more countries are supplanted by Western client states via coups, such as was done in Guatemala and Bolivia, and what is being attempted in Colombia by destroying the peace deal with FAARC.

"their"? Don't you see yourself as a Muslim?

I do when I count myself among people like you, The_Showstopper, Shehla Rashid, Umar Khalid and that new young poet, Aamir Aziz, who has become famous internationally.

As for those like Mehdi Masroor Biswas and co., I don't identify myself with their misguided thoughts. How can I ? But I hope one day they see sense.

And We want equality and representation.

Agreed.

From whom you're comparing? 2020's USA or 50s India? Don't you see untouchability has lessened? Don't you see the Polygamy has fallen down in all religions? Is this not a step forward?

Polygamous marriages, practices like Halala, women literacy and countless more.

I was referring to education among Indian Muslims, @Joe Shearer has provided a good explanation.

There's a flaw in the argument, Tablighi Jamaat have existed since 1920s but they're all recent; what's the deal? The thing is that their timeline coincides with the "Global Jihad", as some will put it and some internal conflicts like post-Babri riots.

I have an advantage over you of being 10 years older than you, which provided me a glimpse of how Muslim appearance was like at that earlier point. The TJ wasn't active then at least here or in the East and West ( I am guessing ). Not even the Babri riots and the Godhra pogrom radicalized the Indian Muslim community as much as the TJ has.

@xeuss and his former ( ? ) friend, Areesh, have a strange opinion about me. They should search my post history and also should add me to their 'followed' members to see what kind of person I really am.

And I thank you two for the support.

- Jamahir in a nutshell

You didn't mention Carlos ( the jackal ). :D

That's the lamest argument ever. People who fought the British the most were the Maratha empire and the Afghans. We hate neither.

I try and avoid arguments and discussions over history, especially when the point of the argument is to determine whether a certain ruler or empire can be labelled as "good" or "bad".

Every ruler and empire had its merits. Every ruler and empire had its flaws. Cherry picking each incident from a ruler or empire to further is narrative is not what I like to do.

My previous statement was just a general remark, and not meant to be a historical verdict.

I try and avoid arguments and discussions over history, especially when the point of the argument is to determine whether a certain ruler or empire can be labelled as "good" or "bad".

Every ruler and empire had its merits. Every ruler and empire had its flaws. Cherry picking each incident from a ruler or empire to further is narrative is not what I like to do.

My previous statement was just a general remark, and not meant to be a historical verdict.

Glad that this statement comes at some point

I do when I count myself among people like you, The_Showstopper, Shehla Rashid, Umar Khalid and that new young poet, Aamir Aziz, who has become famous internationally.

As for those like Mehdi Masroor Biswas and co., I don't identify myself with their misguided thoughts. How can I ? But I hope one day they see sense.

Agreed.

I was referring to education among Indian Muslims, @Joe Shearer has provided a good explanation.

I have an advantage over you of being 10 years older than you, which provided me a glimpse of how Muslim appearance was like at that earlier point. The TJ wasn't active then at least here or in the East and West ( I am guessing ). Not even the Babri riots and the Godhra pogrom radicalized the Indian Muslim community as much as the TJ has.

@xeuss and his former ( ? ) friend, Areesh, have a strange opinion about me. They should search my post history and also should add me to their 'followed' members to see what kind of person I really am.

And I thank you two for the support.

You didn't mention Carlos ( the jackal ). :D

If ex Indian Muslims like @AfrazulMandal and @xeuss don't like you, that is a big plus for you as an Indian, forget as an Indian Muslim.

If @Areesh dies not like you it just means you belong to the upper crust if society in general.

I think we should come back to the topic and stop discussing members though.

They are who they are.

Especially the ones who've been around and the same for a decade.

There's no need to scratch the surface.

If ex Indian Muslims like @AfrazulMandal and @xeuss don't like you, that is a big plus for you as an Indian, forget as an Indian Muslim.

If @Areesh dies not like you it just means you belong to the upper crust if society in general.

I think we should come back to the topic and stop discussing members though.

They are who they are.

Especially the ones who've been around and the same for a decade.

There's no need to scratch the surface.

...and if you are getting a certificate of approval from a Parsi, who endears himself to the Sanghis for his survival, then you must be doubly wrong.

Back
Top Bottom