What's new

A Homeland for Indian Muslims

Marathas are great mutton lovers.

Tambda rassa, pandhra rassa, bhakri, and thecha are soul food.

I look ar Persian food and I look at Indian women and I realize why Parsis can never go back.
I know that most Marathas eat non veg. It's just that we don't. When we go to hotels and all, we eat but just not at home.

Ya, I like Tambda rassa (similar to aamti right?) but personally not fond of the typical food like bhakri, thecha,etc. Prefer normal chapati and bhaaji. Among snacks, always like pohe, sabudanyachi khichdi, sabudane wade, etc.

i see you have clearly focused on the important part.
Ok, I'll make it simple for you since you are already looking from a prejudiced point of view.

We buy food from anyone, religion doesn't matter. We don't ask any religion before buying food. Got it?

who had the bright idea of making rural areas accessible?

couldn't the city administration host these migrants for few weeks?

Pakistani government has been quite at work to have some sort of wait it out arrangements for both internal and external migrants despite obvious shortcomings in governance matters on western borders.

It's simply one word.

Economy.

And it's biting.

We have two maids who have been coming for the past 3 weeks now.

The cook who also gets the veggies. Her son drops and picks her up on his bike.

And a girl who's day job at a chini beauuty saloon is indefinitely on hold, so she's living with us. Which is safer than going up and down.

That story is being repeated millions of times across India.

We are not a rich people. And a large proportion of us don't have too much of a buffer as savings or idle subsistence stock.

@jbgt90

Last edited:
why don't you tell that to people and politicians advocating the opposite?

It's simply one word.

Economy.

And it's biting.

We have two maids who have been coming for the past 3 weeks now.

The cook who also gets the veggies. Her son drops and picks her up on his bike.

And a girl who's day job at a chini beauuty saloon is indefinitely on hold, so she's living with us. Which is safer than going up and down.

That story is being repeated millions of times across India.

We are not a rich people. And a large proportion of us don't have too much of a buffer as savings or idle subsistence stock.

but essentially it means the lockdown did not really work regardless the sacrifice of the most poor already in this fight against covid19.

without restructuring the way community works, these sacrifices will all be in vain.

but essentially it means the lockdown did not really work regardless the sacrifice of the most poor already in this fight against covid19.

without restructuring the way community works, these sacrifices will all be in vain.

How do you say that?

We have made huge strides in the time we bought thanks to the sacrifices and efforts of every Indian during the lockdown.

It's a dynamic situation that changes every day.

The Indian model is tailored to India and our society and our realities.

It may not fit your idea of what you think should have been the way to go.

But this thread is about Indian Muslims and a homeland for them.

Fittingly on a Pakistani forum.

Coming back ....

Who's going to listen to common people. I'm not an influential person that politicians will notice me.
then go cry a river somewhere. world needs more water.
How do you say that?

We have made huge strides in the time we bought thanks to the sacrifices and efforts of every Indian during the lockdown.

It's a dynamic situation that changes every day.

The Indian model is tailored to India and our society and our realities.

It may not fit your idea of what you think should have been tge way to go.

But this thread is about Indian Muslims and a homeland for them.

Fittingly in a Pakistani forum.

Coming back ....

I have given a simple statement that with 100 million people on the move in India right now, the lockdown has not worked as it was never bound to work in the first place.

There are 400 million people rendered stateless due to NRC and CAA. They need a home

I live here, in the community. The young generation is very much penetrated by smartphones, Bollywood, TikTok etc.
The real misgiving to be pointed out is that the community's focus is not on education and integrating in the system at large; also the historical hostility of the system plays a role like when I was graduating from 12th, many of my Hindu friends were going for NDA (entrance for Army's commissioned post) but my family told "Muslims don't go to the Army because we don't fit there", now some of them have probably completed their trainings and are posted.

This is a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If we compete, we will be left out on discriminatory grounds.
So we won't compete.
Ah, see, we are left out; look at our percentage penetration into [insert segment], against our share of the population.

Another attitude which I saw growing up was the complete distrust in authorities and government, like "they" cheat on Muslims in exams, interviews etc mixed with anecdotes about discrimination of which some may be true.

Let us assume they are true, and there is discrimination. I know there is; and it is not worth sweeping it under the carpet. So do we tackle this by withdrawing from the system, or by engaging with it so completely that the gates finally start crumbling?

Now how much is the religion's/community's role in this? It would be dishonest to say there's no fault of the community, simply the attitudes are sometimes regressive but it's a cycle, you see - what we call the social mobility (both in social and economic sense) and finally about the Ulema's role - it's limited, divided and can sometimes be felt as regressive.

You need to make this assessment; my making it will put your back up. What percentage of the Ulema is regressive? 10%? 20%? 30%? More?

Think about it.

then go cry a river somewhere. world needs more water.

I have given a simple statement that with 100 million people on the move in India right now, the lockdown has not worked as it was never bound to work in the first place.

There are 400 million people rendered stateless due to NRC and CAA. They need a home

Your statement is only your opinion.

It is hardly fact.

I gave my entrance and got into "relatively" prestigious university for engineering, so I can't try now because I have to complete my degree.
Secondly, I have my opinions about the concept of military at large, call me a "pacifist".
But one of my friend plans to get into the technical wing of the military after graduation(his father is an ex-pilot), who knows maybe I end up there?

Engineers - especially from 'relatively' presitigious universities - fit right into the Army's scheme of things.

None

On the contrary would be far more suitable than current subhash from bengals

Do you have any idea about how many Subhash_from_Bengals join up? Or that they are taken directly into regiments of the Indian Army? Or how many there are in the technical wings?

You want to judge the situation from outside? Seriously.

Lockdown is a Tremendous success and it is largely because the most populous state of Uttar Pradesh is ruled with an iron fist by Mahant Shri Yogi Adityanath ji.

Nothing these say can be of any value...they are ex-Indians are you have put it...and ones that failed the litmus test (Kashmir) to boot. Their message is as dry and stale as can be.

If anything of value does come up anyway, I will see it in the replies the worthies make.

And now YOU, sitting in the heart of Coimbatore, are making judgements about 'ex-Indians'? Does irony have a smell?

So the human reagents are now to be washed clean of lice, their heads shaven, and prepared for the litmus test? Yes, I remember the eloquent passage on free speech, now that you remind me of it. And I realise that free speech is there, blazing like a beacon in front of us, and free expression is not. Free speech, and a litmus test. It is so sensible, why didn't we think of it earlier?

i don't claim otherwise either.

we have had one cooking fact already in the thread

Naah.

You've fished but your heart has not been in it.

Hence the feeble efforts.

Echo chambers - rebuffed

Food from Muslim vendors - rebuffed

Lockdown disaster - rebuffed

All on a thread about India's Muslims and a homeland for them fittingly on Pakistani home turf.

Can we come back to the topic. Do tou have any inputs on a homeland for India's. Muslims?

I have been a member for nearly as long as you, and yet you found it necessary to ask me this demeaning question? Could you not, since this is question and answer time, have found out for yourself what I stand for, answered 'yes' to yourself and moved on? Was it so important to try and trip up an 'Indian' that you had to pull off this elaborate charade?

what a long way of trying say a simple "Yes"

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom