What's new

A Historical Fact We should Proud of

btw, earliest uses of decimal system and binary system were found in india and not persia.
also, many math inventions can be first traced in india.

We are proud of our muslim lineage, who stood like a wall against british colonizers

There is no such thing as "Muslim Lineage", and its the Islamic rulers of Bengal who BTW lost first to the British.

Battle of Plassey. Rings a bell?

The Battle of Plassey (Bengali: পলাশীর যুদ্ধ, Pôlashir Juddho) was a decisive British East India Company victory over the Nawab of Bengal and his French allies, establishing Company rule in India which expanded over much of South Asia for the next 90 years. The battle took place on 23 June 1757 at Palashi, West Bengal, on the riverbanks of the Bhagirathi River, about 150 km north of Calcutta, near Murshidabad, then the capital of the Nawab of Bengal. The opponents were Siraj Ud Daulah, the last independent Nawab of Bengal, and the British East India Company.

The famous Traitor Mir Jaffar. Remember him?

Mir Jafar is generally regarded in the same manner as Vidkun Quisling in Norway, Benedict Arnold in the United States, and Philippe Pétain in France. His memory is widely reviled by the people of Bengal and Pakistan; the word "mirjafar" in Bengali and the phrase "meer jafar" in Urdu are now synonymous with traitor, used much as quisling is used in English.[citation needed]

Stood like a wall eh?

Last edited:
There is no such thing as "Muslim Lineage", and its the Islamic rulers of Bengal who BTW lost first to the British.

Battle of Plassey. Rings a bell?

The Battle of Plassey (Bengali: পলাশীর যুদ্ধ, Pôlashir Juddho) was a decisive British East India Company victory over the Nawab of Bengal and his French allies, establishing Company rule in India which expanded over much of South Asia for the next 90 years. The battle took place on 23 June 1757 at Palashi, West Bengal, on the riverbanks of the Bhagirathi River, about 150 km north of Calcutta, near Murshidabad, then the capital of the Nawab of Bengal. The opponents were Siraj Ud Daulah, the last independent Nawab of Bengal, and the British East India Company.

The famous Traitor Mir Jaffar. Remember him?

Mir Jafar is generally regarded in the same manner as Vidkun Quisling in Norway, Benedict Arnold in the United States, and Philippe Pétain in France. His memory is widely reviled by the people of Bengal and Pakistan; the word "mirjafar" in Bengali and the phrase "meer jafar" in Urdu are now synonymous with traitor, used much as quisling is used in English.[citation needed]

Stood like a wall eh?
There indeed is a muslim lineage. What you think, all the muslims who live in the subcontinent are converted from Hindus? Infact, hindus are ruled by the muslims for so long, that if you get your DNA tested, dont get surprised to find traces of central asian or arabic DNA.

He stood, he fought, he lost. What is wrong about that? You are mentioning Mir Jaffar as he was the only traitor (because he was a muslim right). Do I need to give you a list of the hindus who fought against other hindus beside Mughals? Why you see everything Muslim and Hindu? It was this behaviour that forced the muslims to ask for Pakistan and why Bangladesh (for which you take all the credit) didn't want to annex with India.

He stood, he fought, he lost. What is wrong about that? You are mentioning Mir Jaffar as he was the only traitor (because he was a muslimright). Do I need to give you a list of the hindus who fought against other hindus beside Mughals? Why you see everything Muslim and Hindu? It was this behaviour that forced the muslims to ask for Pakistan and why Bangladesh (for which you take all the credit) didn't want to annex with India.

Oh, I'm seeing everything as Hindu and Muslim?

Perhaps its you who are failing to see that A.Rahman here is seeing everything in terms of Hindu and Muslims, and making tall claims that Muslims are the ones who "stood like a rock" against British forces, when almost every king, both hindu and muslim, fought against them.

And all of them eventually lost. The Marathas lost in the 3rd Anglo-Maratha war, Tipu Sultan lost in the 3rd Mysore war.

Oh, I'm seeing everything as Hindu and Muslim?

Perhaps its you who are failing to see that A.Rahman here is seeing everything in terms of Hindu and Muslims, and making tall claims that Muslims are the ones who "stood like a rock" against British forces, when almost every king, both hindu and muslim, fought against them.

And all of them eventually lost. The Marathas lost in the 3rd Anglo-Maratha war, Tipu Sultan lost in the 3rd Mysore war.
Keep balance in your writing. Whatever you wrote in response (which is absolutely right) to my comments, you could have written that in response to A.Rahman's post. If someone is saying something you dont agree with, convince him rather than taking him by a fight.

Keep balance in your writing. Whatever you wrote in response (which is absolutely right) to my comments, you could have written that in response to A.Rahman's post. If someone is saying something you dont agree with, convince him rather than taking him by a fight.

You're right of course.

But it gets tiresome to read the same crap everyday about how muslims were the saviours and the nasty evil hindus colluded with the brits. .

You're right of course.

But it gets tiresome to read the same crap everyday about how muslims were the saviours and the nasty evil hindus colluded with the brits. .
The truth lies somewhere between the two extremes. If we and you start looking at thing from other than hindu-muslim angle, they will be much clearer and understandable. That is why I say, dont look at the central asian conquerors as muslims, they were just conquerors. They are made into muslim heroes by the later historians who were trying to find 'justifications' to remember them in good words. Atleast that is how I look at things.

There indeed is a muslim lineage. What you think, all the muslims who live in the subcontinent are converted from Hindus? Infact, hindus are ruled by the muslims for so long, that if you get your DNA tested, dont get surprised to find traces of central asian or arabic DNA.

He stood, he fought, he lost. What is wrong about that? You are mentioning Mir Jaffar as he was the only traitor (because he was a muslim right). Do I need to give you a list of the hindus who fought against other hindus beside Mughals? Why you see everything Muslim and Hindu? It was this behaviour that forced the muslims to ask for Pakistan and why Bangladesh (for which you take all the credit) didn't want to annex with India.

religion has got nothing to do with that mate...it happens all over...the marathas(hindu) had a very able muslim general leading their armies...the sikh ruler ranjit singh had achunk of muslims in his army.

Tipu Sultan was great, no doubt-but he was Indian.

LOL. Why are Pakistani's feeling all pleased? Muslim or not, Indian he was.

Sorry I didn't know you had exclusive rights. I hope you won't sue us.

no it's just that...do you think of the indian muslims like that as well?
i mean if he'd have been living today...there'd be no connection whatsoever to pakistan...but i am happy that both the people of indiaand pakistan can connect to him...was curious just that.

Well yeah, basically, he's muslim, so what? That doesnt give Pakistani's any right to claim a 'muslim lineage'. Thats total crap.

Thats like claiming success for some Indian missiles or ISRO's satellites because ex-President Abdul Kalam is a Muslim and headed DRDO and ISRO!

Pakistan and India was one before 1947. I think He is pride for both countries.

Pakistan and India was one before 1947. I think He is pride for both countries.

that is a very subtle way to answer this...but are you proud of someone like Mangal Pandey or mahatma gandhi or ashoka as well?

Back
Top Bottom