What's new

A German visiting Pakistan

Hey it´s me BackpackingSimon that made those Videos. I finally found this thread i searched for sooo long! I wanted to thank you all for watching and your nice comments here in the thread... Btw i was not complaining about the high prices :D i only said it´s more expensive than the other countries i used to travel in... =) and i was not talking about robing.

What i wanted to tell you all i´m travelling about 450 days now. I saw a lot of countries so far. I never expected that Pakistan will be my favourite place on earth. You guys are soooo friendly and you made my trip in Pakistan so much better. I will come back for sure :). Stay like you are friendliest people of the world!

i was not expecting that there is so much western stuff here in Pakistan. And i think i said it is more developed that i was imagined before i came here.. =)

By the way i did the concordia trekking and there are a lot of new videos on my channel and there is some english and balti talking includet as well. So i think you may enjoy them a lot ! If you want to ask me something feel free i will watch this thread for a while thought =)

Welcome to Pakistan! It was a pleasure hosting you and please do come again.

I´am on a world trip travelling continuously for 450 days now. Next i go to India crossing Wagah border soon. But my camera broke in Islamabad and i´m not able to find a new one that is usable for my Youtube Videos... i´m really sad about that because i can´t film for a long time and i wanted to film the border ceremony etc. -.- i think i have to buy one in India Delhi -- My World Trip started in New Zealand -> Australia Indonesia Malaysia Thailand Burma (Myanamar) Laos Thailand and then to Pakistan ..

Since you are going to cross Wahgah is it safe to assume that you'll stay at least a day in Lahore? If so, there is a whole market dedicated to cameras there and you can find pretty much anything that you're looking for. It's called the Camera Market (surprise! surprise!) and it's on Nisbat Road. It's very famous and pretty much every Lahori knows of it, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it.

If there's anything else that you might need in Lahore or Gilgit-Baltistan, please do let me know. I wish I was there, I would've taken you out for the best lunch of your life and then an even better dinner at my place.

Last edited:
Hey it´s me BackpackingSimon that made those Videos. I finally found this thread i searched for sooo long! I wanted to thank you all for watching and your nice comments here in the thread... Btw i was not complaining about the high prices :D i only said it´s more expensive than the other countries i used to travel in... =) and i was not talking about robing.

What i wanted to tell you all i´m travelling about 450 days now. I saw a lot of countries so far. I never expected that Pakistan will be my favourite place on earth. You guys are soooo friendly and you made my trip in Pakistan so much better. I will come back for sure :). Stay like you are friendliest people of the world!

i was not expecting that there is so much western stuff here in Pakistan. And i think i said it is more developed that i was imagined before i came here.. =)

By the way i did the concordia trekking and there are a lot of new videos on my channel and there is some english and balti talking includet as well. So i think you may enjoy them a lot ! If you want to ask me something feel free i will watch this thread for a while thought =)
Welcome to Pakistan and to this forum. You are in the right place. :)

Let us know if you need any assistance or information, people here will be glad to help.

I read your new posts about the camera problem, which camera are you looking for? there is no reason you cannot find any kind of camera here, you surely are not looking in the right place. If you can share the details i can help you in this matter. :)

Surrounded by Pakistanis on Friday afternoon in Skardu

Visiting my friends home in Shigar Valley near Skardu
I´m showing how they live what they eat etc. a normal Pakistan life

I´m baking some Rotis in Skardu :D

Now it is interesting for you guys not that much talking more landscapes
long story short we are heading from Skardu to Askole to start our Baltoro Condorcdia trekking to the famous K2. Then we were stuck for 5 hours in front of a river that we couldn´t cross with our jeeps because of too much water.

The first days trekking made it up to 4.016m altitude we reached Urdukas Campsite it´s just extremely beautiful.

Made it to Concordiacamp and even to Broad Peak base camp some beautiful timelapses from K2 and some other mountains

Newest Video made it to Ali Camp 5.000m altitude a lot of landscape filming timelapse etc. not much talking in the next video we are going to cross Gondogoro La 5.614m going into the hushe valley to see Laila Peak :O

Welcome to Pakistan and to this forum. You are in the right place. :)

Let us know if you need any assistance or information, people here will be glad to help.

I read your new posts about the camera problem, which camera are you looking for? there is no reason you cannot find any kind of camera here, you surely are not looking in the right place. If you can share the details i can help you in this matter. :)
I´m searching for a Sony Alpha 5100 it´s not that easy to find. I used a Canon Legria Mini before they don´t sell those cameras here so i think it´s also hard to get them repaired. I found the perfect camera in Olx in ISB but the guy don´t want to sell the camera to me i don´t know for what reason -.-
https://www.olx.com.pk/item/sony-alpha-5100-IDUuOQy.html#d1f961053d

Most westerners have a stereotypical view about Pakistan and no knowledge about the country at all... I have seen lot's of photos of it and it's natural beauty and richness is amazing. There is also so many historical buildings that are a masterpieces of architecture. Hope the country get safer and more popular as a destination with time because when people meet each other they understand how similar they are.

ps People look at me like that :crazy: when I tell them I wan't to visit countries like Pakistan, Algeria, Oman, Kazakhstan etc. :D

Welcome to Pakistan! It was a pleasure hosting you and please do come again.

Since you are going to cross Wahgah is it safe to assume that you'll stay at least a day in Lahore? If so, there is a whole market dedicated to cameras there and you can find pretty much anything that you're looking for. It's called the Camera Market (surprise! surprise!) and it's on Nisbat Road. It's very famous and pretty much every Lahori knows of it, so you shouldn't have any trouble finding it.

If there's anything else that you might need in Lahore or Gilgit-Baltistan, please do let me know. I wish I was there, I would've taken you out for the best lunch of your life and then an even better dinner at my place.

Yes sure i will go to Lahore as well. I will definetly check it out the camera place.
I will come back to Pakistan next year. maybe you can take me out for the best dinner of my life then =)

Most westerners have a stereotypical view about Pakistan and no knowledge about the country at all... I have seen lot's of photos of it and it's natural beauty and richness is amazing. There is also so many historical buildings that are a masterpieces of architecture. Hope the country get safer and more popular as a destination with time because when people meet each other they understand how similar they are.

ps People look at me like that :crazy: when I tell them I wan't to visit countries like Pakistan, Algeria, Oman, Kazakhstan etc. :D
Do visit Neelum,Skardu and Khewra if you get the chance
Khewra+Salt+Mines+Pakistan.jpg

1394385157_sharda-bridge.jpg
Shangrila-Skardu11.jpg

Newest Video made it to Ali Camp 5.000m altitude a lot of landscape filming timelapse etc. not much talking in the next video we are going to cross Gondogoro La 5.614m going into the hushe valley to see Laila Peak :O

I´m searching for a Sony Alpha 5100 it´s not that easy to find. I used a Canon Legria Mini before they don´t sell those cameras here so i think it´s also hard to get them repaired. I found the perfect camera in Olx in ISB but the guy don´t want to sell the camera to me i don´t know for what reason -.-
https://www.olx.com.pk/item/sony-alpha-5100-IDUuOQy.html#d1f961053d
Sony Alpha 5100 is available in Lahore market, no issues there! If you plan to visit Lahore you can as for Nisbat Road camera market, you will find it from there easily. It is also available on a number of online shopping sites and you may like to check it there.

I sent you a private conversation message, hope you got that? I will share the links there.

Sony Alpha 5100 is available in Lahore market, no issues there! If you plan to visit Lahore you can as for Nisbat Road camera market, you will find it from there easily. It is also available on a number of online shopping sites and you may like to check it there.

I sent you a private conversation message, hope you got that? I will share the links there.
yes i already replied to your message i checked all the online stores couldn´t find anything

I visited Babusar Top, Naran and surrounding areas last week. Trust me they are robing. :D :D

I am glad that you are enjoying your stay in Pakistan. I will make sure to watch more of your YouTube videos. Welcome to the forum!!

Back
Top Bottom