What's new

A day at the LoC — How Indian Army remains alert 24X7, even as guns have fallen silent

I'm not an expert, but at 02:50 the soldier had the sig directly pointed towards the journo's head. Poor journalist had to duck in a shock. :lol:

Shows the professionalism of Indian Army.

Last edited:
I am sure Indians soldiers are always on high alert and ready to fight, they would not leave their battle position even when they take a dump.

Maybe too much curry :P

Interesting to see the Indian side of Loc, I have been in this area, on the other side of Loc. took some Pic of Indian posts.

Few observations:

- Area (post) was recently cleaned for the camera crew, things were neatly stacked. Even the storage floor seems to be washed and was still slightly wet. walkways were brushed up. Feel sorry for the Jawans who had to clean all the mess.

- Use of technology and better tactics. Use of indigenous technology to reduce the cost. locally produce IR camera attached to the inexpensive monitor screen. Screens connected in Command post, and use of AI to detect motion on the screen. Something Pakistan should have introduced on the western border 15 years ago.

- I hope old farts in GHQ take heed and start providing FC and soldiers with tools that make their job easy and save their life.

Interesting to see the Indian side of Loc, I have been in this area, on the other side of Loc. took some Pic of Indian posts.

Few observations:

- Area (post) was recently cleaned for the camera crew, things were neatly stacked. Even the storage floor seems to be washed and was still slightly wet. walkways were brushed up. Feel sorry for the Jawans who had to clean all the mess.

- Use of technology and better tactics. Use of indigenous technology to reduce the cost. locally produce IR camera attached to the inexpensive monitor screen. Screens connected in Command post, and use of AI to detect motion on the screen. Something Pakistan should have introduced on the western border 15 years ago.

- I hope old farts in GHQ take heed and start providing FC and soldiers with tools that make their job easy and save their life.
It is a known fact that the AI controlled systems are not indigenous but bought from Israel, they have been instrumental in killing militants at border crossing even during night time.
As people here know that cross border infiltration has reduced considerably over the last few years all thanks to modern technology.

It is a known fact that the AI controlled systems are not indigenous but bought from Israel, they have been instrumental in killing militants at border crossing even during night time.
As people here know that cross border infiltration has reduced considerably over the last few years all thanks to modern technology.
It's a software, basic $100 home security cameras in the US have built-in AI motion dedection features. Looking at the screen in the video, the system doesn't look much sophisticated, like those advertised by US defence companies.

These systems are simple and very useful for monitoring purposes. One person can sit in a command center and look at 6 different screens, assisted by IR motion detection, Night Vision, Zoom in, and laser targeting feature up to 20 miles range, from a single pole-mounted camera. of course, it's supplementing physical security but humans cannot compete with a machine.

Last edited:

Guns have fallen silent at the LoC, but the Army remains alert. In this episode of #DefenceTracker, Senior Associate Editor Snehesh Alex Philip travels to Poonch and Bhimber Gali sectors to give a glimpse of the evolving situation.
What's with the twisted leaning and gun holding position from 4:23??

Guns have fallen silent at the LoC, but the Army remains alert. In this episode of #DefenceTracker, Senior Associate Editor Snehesh Alex Philip travels to Poonch and Bhimber Gali sectors to give a glimpse of the evolving situation.
Why does the reporter sound like Geeky Ranjit?

Just another infantryman!
1626697440311.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks different. Did Indian soldiers change their training ?

What’s so funny? It is called Bayonet Charge or Dhaawa. And the second video is of Bangadesh Army not Indian Army, first video is of BSF, it is their camo.

They are BSF, Paramilitary force Not IA.
BSF is not Paramilitary, it is a Central Armed Police Force.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom