What's new

A Christian Province in Pakistan?

hi,
There are studies that Pakistan is in the top 10 Failed States list. You believe those reports too sir? :azn:
List of countries by Failed States Index - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Are you trying to get banned by trolling?

BTW, we have discussed those studies and I myself have countered them in some threads and pointed out why they are flawed, not merely trolled and tried to 'hijack' discussions.

You can just ask for a ban you know, save everyone from dealing with your trolling.

Why create a separate country for a different religion.

The answer is the same.

Why create a separate country for a different race (Independence from the British)?

Isn't that racism and in fact worse?

Are you trying to get banned by trolling?

BTW, we have discussed those studies and I myself have countered them in some threads and pointed out why they are flawed, not merely trolled and tried to 'hijack' discussions.

You can just ask for a ban you know, save everyone from dealing with your trolling.

Oh so when BS links about Indian troops being prostitutes are posted.
Its topic worthy of discussion.

But if a BS link about Pakistan is posted you threaten with ban

Oh so when BS links about Indian troops being prostitutes are posted.
Its topic worthy of discussion.

But if a BS link about Pakistan is posted you threaten with ban

Is that link posted on this thread?

Were not Indian members implicitly criticizing Pakistan for being a Muslim State on this thread (which prompted my post on India's poor ranking on religious freedom)?

If you are going to criticize Pak for religious freedom, make sure your own house is in order first.

I fail to see how either your or Uchiga's posts are relevant here.

And he was threatened with a ban for off topic trolling on this thread. No one has been banned for posting the failed states thread, which as I pointed out was extensively discussed a long time ago.

Is that link posted on this thread?

Were not Indian members implicitly criticizing Pakistan for being a Muslim State on this thread (which prompted my post on India's poor ranking on religious freedom)?

If you are going to criticize Pak for religious freedom, make sure your own house is in order first.

I fail to see how either your or Uchiga's posts are relevant here.

And he was threatened with a ban for off topic trolling on this thread. No one has been banned for posting the failed states thread, which as I pointed out was extensively discussed a long time ago.

Sir, what i was saying is that the rankings don't matter. I don't think you understood.

That about India's religious freedom is not true. You would also say the same about Pakistan being a failed state. I agree too with it. But the study says it is failed.

No troll intended. I was replying to you. How do you find it as troll?

Sir, what i was saying is that the rankings don't matter. I don't think you understood.

That about India's religious freedom is not true. You would also say the same about Pakistan being a failed state. I agree too with it. But the study says it is failed.

No troll intended. I was replying to you.

The study on Pakistan's ranking can be refuted to some extent (certain points are valid though conclusions not necessarily so), and was, and shown why it was flawed.

You can do the same with the religious freedom ranking.

However, the fact that India and Pak are right next to each other in religious freedom is the important part, because even if the metrics used can be argued to be inaccurate or flawed, they apply to both and both nations would move up the rankings, which still places them together.

Hence my point that when India is essentially right next to Pakistan in religious freedom, Indians have little room to criticize Pakistan on 'religious freedom'.

tbh i don't like this idea :/ why creat a seperate province for a diffrent religioin its sounds stupid >______>.

Why create a separate country for a different religion.

The answer is the same.

Why create a separate country for a different race (Independence from the British)?

hahaha

That the problem with the world isn't it. Otherwise we can just have a world government(which frankly i support more than India). But humanity ironically stands together against their difference rather working together due to similarities.

And by the way I was conservative with my comment.

tbh i don't like this idea :/ why creat a seperate province for a diffrent religioin its sounds stupid >______>.

So i said

QUOTE=gogbot;616357]Why create a separate country for a different religion.

The answer is the same.

What ever the answer may be. It doesn't change the fact that the answer is the same.

Unless you cant tell me otherwise

The study on Pakistan's ranking can be refuted to some extent (certain points are valid though conclusions not necessarily so), and was, and shown why it was flawed.

You can do the same with the religious freedom ranking.

However, the fact that India and Pak are right next to each other in religious freedom is the important part, because even if the metrics used can be argued to be inaccurate or flawed, they apply to both and both nations would move up the rankings, which still places them together.

Hence my point that when India is essentially right next to Pakistan in religious freedom, Indians have little room to criticize Pakistan on 'religious freedom'.

Sir, i don't see your logic as valid. :disagree:
How could you speculate that they would move up the same # of ranks or even similar # of ranks?

That's clearly against the rules of statistics.

Could you please tell me what were the basic parameters in calculating this "religious freedom"

we don't know what sample they took even... what lines they set while calculating this. Honestly. When someone points at any statistics like this. It's BS.

When they haven't approached the whole population, you can't conclude that everyone in India/Pakistan are like this.

The study may be valid, but the generalization about the population is not.

I wonder why Sikhs, Christians, nor Buddhists split from India. :)
I guess only these muslims know how to live life and be smart ;) Pa-kis-tan :pakistan:

Well the problem is sir; muslims don't apply it in it's "true" form or what ever you calim is. That's why westerners and others made up with these stereotypes. Most well known one you already know =).

If Islam was perfect and everyone (or MOST even) of the people who follow it are following it correctly; the world wouldn't have a problem with Muslims. If you disagree, take a look at the Pakistan Israel thread and see how many proud muslims in PDF are encouraging that they should hate Israel because the Qur'an said so. It was disgusting to see them point out quotes from the Qur'an and say it tells to hate someone for what ever reason.

and coming to the Christian province in Pakistan :yahoo:
surely this proves you don't give equal rights as you claim to have.

When there is more Hindus in Pakistan, why in hell don't they get a 'separate' province? Rather than considering the proposal for Christians. These hindus are stuck not only in Baloch but in cities like Karachi and some don't know what to do; in the middle of a muslim circle. 96% :smitten: (ofcourse there are good instances too.... but)

Do realize that the Hindu population from the partition decreased (ofcourse we all know this, but just don't comment on it do we. :yahoo:)

Stop poking your nose into one on one discussions.

What is this joke? Some one let me, it's joke!!

New provice for only 4% of total polulation is a joke and mockery to 95% of the majority population. This crap is unheard of some other place in earth. Clearly these guys are disrespecting majority muslims population by asking for this. No wonder they get beat up sometimes. :devil:

I don't see how Christians could be underrepresented by couple millions.
Many christians in pakistan have similar names like muslims and get counted in muslim lists.The last census was conducted in 1998, a political party in balochistan named pukhtunkhwa awami milli party in northern balochistan had urged its community to boycott the census because it felt that the provincial gov dominated by balochs will underestimate them.When the census was released various leaders belonging to smaller provinces and ethnic groups had raised a question mark on the transparency of the census.

Overwhelming votes to support PCC demand of Separate Christian Province is true voice of Pakistani Christians. Nazir Bhatti

London: August 31, 2008. PCC leaders shall soon tour Canada and EU countries to address seminars and open discussions to seek support for division of Pakistan in 12 federally administered units to be called provinces
and formation of Separate Christian Province in southwestern parts of Punjab said Nazir S Bhatti in telephonic conversation to Central Executive Council leaders of PCC.

Nazir Bhatti said, “overwhelming votes in favor of PCC demand is true voice of Pakistani Christians and government shall accept this verdict unless Christian youth shall be forced to take their own course of action”

We have received messages; mails of support and invitation from many countries to address gatherings on issue of Separate Christian Province in Pakistan, which have been accepted, and tours are scheduled in 2009.

Nazir Bhatti clarified that suggestions made by many Pakistani Christian leaders abroad to form exile government of “Christland and Takistan” are not under consideration of Pakistan Christian Congress because we demand Separate Christian Province within federation of Pakistan not an independent Christian country on division of Pakistan.

Nazir S Bhatti urged Christians to unite and join peaceful movement for division of Punjab and formation of Separate Christian Province.

“We support struggles of Siraki and Hazra movement to divide Punjab in three provinces because division of Punjab is important for solidarity of Pakistan” added Nazir Bhatti

Nazir Bhatti paid homage to all who voted in PCP to support demand of Separate Christian Province and urged government to consider it as referendum.

Nazir S Bhatti said that division of Pakistan in autonomous unit is only solution to end terrorism and religious extremism in Pakistan.

Pakistan Christian Post

-----------------------------------------------------------

Create a Christian province while dividing the current 4 administrative units into 12 or more? Excellent idea - provided the demographics and geographic contiguity of any such area allow a 'Christian province'.

In general I have always been in favor of more administrative units, especially in Punjab, which at over 80 million is a huge province.

I am not sure I agree with that last quote of Nazir Bhatti (with whom I share my family name), in that more administrative units with greater autonomy would result in lower terrorism and extremism.

I think decentralization and a delegation of powers to the administrative units (and more of them) might make governance more effective, and perhaps remove some of the inter-ethnic tensions caused by the perception that the all powerful center is inherently biased towards one or the other ethnic group, or the Federal 'establishment/bureaucracy'.

my my !!!! i thought only islamic radicals are ruining pakistan!!!!!now the christians are here "we want a seperate province"......so much for secularism that Jinnah desired..........

What is this joke? Some one let me, it's joke!!

New provice for only 4% of total polulation is a joke and mockery to 95% of the majority population. This crap is unheard of some other place in earth. Clearly these guys are disrespecting majority muslims population by asking for this. No wonder they get beat up sometimes. :devil:

actually i could also be the other way round.....they get beaten up thats why they are sick of it and want a seperate province.....

besides a province for them may not mean taking away a huge chunk ....a small province that could probable accomodate 4% of pakistans population may be created.....

but what ever it is ! i strongly believe that a seperate province is not in the best interests of pakistan since it would onle enstrange the two communities!

No mate, letting a race (british) rule another race (indians) was racism. independence only sought to correct that. infact all britishers born in india were given indian citizenship just alike the other indians. They are not banned from becoming india's rulers today too if they get elected.

sure its a correct copmarison?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom