What's new

A Blueprint For A Future Indian Navy

what navy need to concentrate upon mostly in present stage

• SUBMARINES

Votes: 38 70.4%
  • DESTROYERS & LARGE LPDS ( like jalaswa)

Votes: 8 14.8%
  • FRIGATES/ CORVETTES

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • AIRCRAFT CARRIERS

Votes: 13 24.1%
  • NAVAL AVIATION

Votes: 8 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
nice speculation, better we go this way with more of them nuclear powered.:smitten:

One thing according to me the naval airforce must be strong to counter & to maintain the status of a blue water navy commanding the lifelines of our own & meanwhile ready to :sniper: when somebody starts waving their tails.........

thats good idea,but not the best idea,okay let assume in future we may induct nuclear powered Aircraft carrier,but then do we alo have a nuclear powered carrier battle group for it,nuclear powered ac is only required when we project ourself deep into oceans far away from even,the most closest base,and without an entire nuclear powered CBG thats become impossible,and i think its waste to have an entire CBG on that level,we dont actually need it

What most of u guys have posted is nothing more than fanboy stuff or day dreams unless any of u have the caliber to become the defence minister
Coz we all know efficient our Babus are

Now i am going to state what Navy Chief predicted based on our ongoing induction programmes circa 2022

Frigates 22
Destroyers 10
Amphibious assault ships 24
Corvettes 22
OPV AND FAC 30
Mine hunters 10
Submarines 20
Aircraft carriers 03
Auxiliary Support Ships 41

Indicating a fleet of 162 Ships and 20 Submarines
Fleet size will not be more than this , it could be lower but not higher
This indicates that navy will increase its total fleet strength by only 20% in the next 10-12 yrs
However there will be tremendous boast to the power projection capability of navy thanks to mainly due to increase in number of destroyers and frigates from 21 at present to 32 and submarines from 15 old subs to 20 subs out of which 16 will be modern , as well as induction of 3 proper aircraft carriers and 4 LPD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom