What's new

93% of Crimeans vote to join Russia

I'm not saying that Putin is fair. But even if the Russian troops didn't invade Crimea, and the Ukrainian government allow people of Crimea to make the choice, they would choose to join Russia. The point is that without Russian troops there, such election would never take place. But if it ever take place, people there would choose to join Russia.

Very possible but the way these elections took place stripped them of credibility.

My democracy ? I admitted that Kosovo was stupid and created a bad precedent.Also you should now i have no love for Ukraine,on the contrary,i despise that country.

This is not what this is about.I feel most of you can't grasp the essence of this region.
i was not particularly talking about you, i was referring to western countries as a whole

In all honesty though, veto power needs to be abolished.

"We are strong so we don't have to follow rules" - That's what it is. (Speaking for all UNSC members)
It's funny though! US is trying to bring UN resolution against a country which holds veto power. This should be an eye opener for all those P5 & those cheerleading for them!

hmmm...
I also agree with that......
cremia has huge russian population....why was it given to Ukraine in first place.....
but good outcome....

kruschev was a Ukraine. So he transfer the Russian territory to his native Ukrain.

Stalin was a Georgian, but he didn't transfer anything to Georgia.

White House - "We do not recognise the referendum"

White House will not recognise result of Crimea referendum | World news | theguardian.com

"“This referendum is contrary to Ukraine’s constitution, and the international community will not recognise the results of a poll administered under threats of violence and intimidation from a Russian military intervention that violates international law.”

Lol. Where was international law when they invaded Iraq without UN approval?
LOL the actual western rule is- democracy is the interest tool , not meant for people. whatever suits west's interest will be called as democracy :D

Ah. Let's see how many countries accept this secession of Crimea from Ukraine. Western countries were quick to recognise Kosovo's separation from Serbia.

You are talking about two very different things . The Kosovo seceded from Serbia and became a new country and hence the other countries had to recognize it to establish diplomatic ties meaning they had to take sides openly . No such thing is true for Crimea here which has joined Russia formally . There wont be a need for many countries to accept or reject the entire process and specially the results .

So, when this becomes official, all the Ukrainian troops in Crimea will be on Russian land, and Russia will have the right to attack them, right?

So, when this becomes official, all the Ukrainian troops in Crimea will be on Russian land, and Russia will have the right to attack them, right?
Yup although they will be given the right of safe passage first.

kruschev was a Ukraine. So he transfer the Russian territory to his native Ukrain.

Stalin was a Georgian, but he didn't transfer anything to Georgia.
he transferred abkhazia and south ossetia and lenin made jewish oblast

It always belonged to Russia. they gave it to Ukraine. if Ukraine cannot keep Russian people there happy, then Russia has every right to take back its property from Ukraine.

Crimea never belonged to Ukraine.

Back
Top Bottom